2013 Platypus Comix Season Schedule

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
As always, any entries on this list may change or could be rescheduled. At the present time I don't know if the final Keiki story will actually run in November or if it'll be shoved further down the line. I would like to get it finished before the new series takes its slot, but that may not be possible.

What happens in them? Make your guesses now!

September 29, 2013 -- Mulberry: Thanks, Obama!
October 6, 2013 -- Mulberry: Thanks, Obama! part II
October 13, 2013 -- Keiki: Haole Berry
October 20, 2013 -- Keiki: Haole Berry, part II
October 27, 2013 -- Dan Vs. Chuck Vs. The Tick Vs. Princess Pi
November 3, 2013 -- Electric Wonderland: The Girl With Kaliedoscope Hair
November 10, 2013 -- Electric Wonderland: The Girl With Kaliedoscope Hair, part II
November 17, 2013 -- Keiki: Aloha....But Which?
November 24, 2013 -- Keiki: Aloha....But Which? part II

January 5, 2014 -- Free Spirit
January 12, 2014 -- Free Spirit, part II
January 19, 2014 -- Free Spirit: When The Stranger Calls
January 26, 2014 -- Free Spirit: When The Stranger Calls, part II
February 2, 2014 -- Princess Pi: Sam Adams Vs. True Love
February 9, 2014 -- Princess Pi: Sam Adams Vs. True Love, part II
February 16, 2014 -- Sochi Olympics
February 23, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Skyway to the Danger Zone
March 2, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Skyway to the Danger Zone, part II
March 9, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Song of the Siren
March 16, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Song of the Siren, part II
March 23, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Wish Gone Amiss
March 30, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Wish Gone Amiss, part II
April 6, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Bedbugs and Broomsticks
April 13, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Bedbugs and Broomsticks, part II
April 20, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Winniemart
April 27, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Winniemart, part II
May 4, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Love That Winnie
May 11, 2014 -- Free Spirit: Love That Winnie, part II

Dsneybuf

I'll admit it feels pretty exciting that I'll get to witness the end of one of your series, even if it is one that began before I started visiting your website. Free Spirit seems like a pretty good replacement judging from what I read on your deviantART page. Will Keiki still have its own archive after it ends?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I'll admit it feels pretty exciting that I'll get to witness the end of one of your series, even if it is one that began before I started visiting your website. Free Spirit seems like a pretty good replacement judging from what I read on your deviantART page. Will Keiki still have its own archive after it ends?

Yes; I'm not taking it down. That would be annoying, wouldn't it?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Well, great. I don't know if the Mulberry story "Thanks, Obama!" will ever actually run. Recent events have made the script's subject matter ancient, and no, it's not re-workable. It's a shame; I had some good lines in there.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Jack comments that it's weird how it's been nearly six years now and they haven't made fun of the President. Mulberry says she doesn't want to, because she likes Obama. Jack and Tiff point out they can't have biases and that every politician is flawed in some way. Mulberry says it's very rare she finds herself satisfied with whoever's in office, and if she's been given the chance to be content, she's gonna take it, so there.

Throughout the story Jack and Tiff try to convince Mulberry by pointing out the most common complaints about Barack, but Mulberry shoots them down. Finally, she meets Obama at a party -- and then finds out he's been spying on her. From there they have a huge fight.

The art was partially penciled in by the time the government shutdown hit, and Obama suddenly smelled like an absolute rose compared to John Boehner, Ted Cruz, and all these other jerks. The bigger problem is that this eclipsed the spying issue by a large margin and by the time it dies down, jokes about government spying are going to be stale.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The first post in this thread is now the Obamacare of Platypus Comix posts. Sorry, guys -- I know this fall hasn't been very productive, but that's only from your eyes. I've been doing a lot of things, but not all of them have been new cartoon stories. For example, I'm trying to get one done while also trying to wrap up an already late BANG issue. Keeping promises was impossible this time.

Look for the penultimate Keiki story sometime in the middle of the week.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts