Zanneck
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Yeah..... Am I the only one who hates this double standard with a passion:
    "Relax; it's just a cartoon."
    Because I only have this to say.....

"Would you say any of that if it were an anime? Or better yet, a comic? A graphic novel? what about Manga?! How about if it WERE live action or even a book?

If you answer that with a NO, or worse, dodge the question I'm asking here, I've got a problem with you, unfortunately.

What did everyone expect, again? This is why you don't trust big business with your money in general as a common citizen. No matter how good you might think Even some of their content is, either / how much streaming is still infinitely better than cable/satellite TV, overall.
    Reactions: JMTV
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    To anyone who thinks I'm complaining - I'm pointing out the truth. In order to make better higher quality shows, films, etc.? I'm order to continue to do so, year after year, These streaming services are going have to raise their prices over time, again - simply to do so. That of continuing to provide quality fare on their services continuously.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    If anything, I'm making fun of all the complainers and whiners that most of those comments toward this news are in that link, for being so blind to this unfortunate reality. Besides what @Mostezli is 250% right on with - Inflation in general.
    Most of the time, the less you pay, the less quality you'll get. Something these whiners and complainers simply don't and refuse to understand.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Don't get me wrong - THAT doesn't always justify price hikes in general, however. Regardless, I've hopefully made my case more accurate here to why I posted that link. To have a nice hard laugh then sigh at how some people don't know how keeping and maintaining actual quality business works (on the internet).
    And, no - I don't enjoy making fun of people like this. Nor should anyone, really.
    • Friendly
    I hope y'all had a better Halloween than I did.

To say something more upbeat: I hope Pibby [AS] becomes a series, someday. Anything to replace Teenage Euthanasia - that show STINKS and HEAVES.
    superkeegan9100
    superkeegan9100
    Tuca & Bertie is miles better anyway.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Tuca and Bertie is better than Teenage Euthanasia, huh?
    Besides being actually good (so far, of course.), HECK YEAH, SO TRUE! Thank you.
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    Cryptocurrency is a scam.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Yeah - a lot of people would disagree with you, unfortunately. They see it as the currency of tommorrow, due to its lack of gov't control over it, honestly. Well, that's what I've been told ad verbatim about it online, that is.
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    The "extremely online set" has alot of interesting opinions about things. However, interesting isn't the same as true.
    I should also mention this about Teenage Euthanasia and its being bashed (for hopefully valid reasons at the moment):

Tuca and Bertie's worst detractors (as much as I prefer it over Teenage Euthanasia anyday, honestly.) are unfortunately one in the same as T.E. - blatant sexism towards women when it comes to their comedic and storytelling capabilities.

It seems sexism will never stop being an issue, now will it?
    Further regarding [Adult Swim's] Teenage Euthanasia and how Easy to Bash it is (IMHO)... I do have one issue with it how it is being bashed: a lot of criticism I've seen against Teenage Euthanasia is quite extremely sexist, as well (mostly comments about how "women can't write" or "women aren't funny".). I mean, I don't think this show is all that good, either, but LAY OFF THE SEXISM, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
    I'm wondering what anyone does think of [Adult Swim's] Teenage Euthanasia, honestly.....

(IMHO) Tuca and Bertie's 2nd season, plus it getting a third season is better (news) than this show just simply existing, so far. Don't get me started on how much I'd love to see a 4th season of Final Space over this noise, as well.
    The only actual critiques that I agree with for I AM NOT STARFIRE, everyone.....

Reactions: Pooky
    G
    Ghoster1987
    it just feels like a failed experiment that's going to be forgotten in a year or two by now.

There's no need for these grifters to be like "OMG LOOK AT THIS SJW LIBERAL GARBAGE NO WONDER JAPAN IS MOST SUPERIOR COUNTRY BECAUSE IT HAS MY FAVORITE ANIMUS AND MANGUS."
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    @Ghoster1987 I know it's not right to hate people without reason, but those you've pointed out to me successfully are exactly the kinds of people I hate. They are the very definition of weebs. Weebs like these who do this crap are evil. Hatred is all I have for them as a result.
    I'm sorry anyone had to read this.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Also, there are more reviews out there on this level of actual acceptable critiques worth giving a listen to, but nothing is really topping these reviews for me just yet, honestly.
    They locked the Jellystone! Talkback/Discussion thread. WHY, comes to mind. Seriously, did things just stop being civil or something?? UGH, I hate it when that happens!!
    CNC
    CNC
    But.....I loved that show. It's got that Greenblatt touch.
    kirbygame
    kirbygame
    i don't really mind the gender swap changes to Hanna Barbera characters.
    and judging by the article of Greenblatt explaining the change.
    BOY HE IS NOT WRONG ABOUT IT TO BE HONEST..
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Certain characters being made female and some staying male is the LEAST. OF. THIS. SHOW'S. PROBLEMS. If anything, it's one of its ACTUAL STRENGTHS, IMHUO (U = unpopular), as it breathes new ideas/life into them!
    Chris Chan needs to be imprisoned forever, honestly. That is all I have to say about that - it should have happened a long time ago. Like when he vandalized that Game Place he was banned from, for example (when he wasn't a crossdresser.).

Yeah... This crap is only getting worse, now.

My real concern is: what's being done to prop up those in America who aren't "woke/SJW", or better yet, "politically correct/PC"...

I really may have to make a thread on this, after all. As much as I don't want to, either.
    Should I even make a thred about how vague this insult is? I want to, but I already did. Just one more YouTuber I'm ashamed to be subscribed to after awhile, honestly...
    G
    Ghoster1987
    He sounds like a weeb who thinks Japan is the most superior country in the world and thinks western media is SJW propaganda
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    @Ghoster1987 That's the vibe I'm getting here. Either that, or a nostalgia-jerk like YoungRippa59, whose also on YouTube, sadly is.
    AdrenalineRush1996
    AdrenalineRush1996
    Honestly, I never liked the terms "woke" and "social justice warrior". I use the term "politically correct/PC culture" instead.
    Is it just me or is American Entertainment dying because of how woke it's becoming?
    Good riddance to this crappy year.
    May 2021 suck so much less, or actually be worth something. THAT - is all I can ask for, going forward.

I mean, I got some great animated series / continuations of such this year, but that's simply not enough when it comes to focusing on IRL stuff that truly matters, honestly.
    I almost want to start a thread on this, but I'm instead gonna ask this here: am I the only person out there who likes Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh? I liked it way more than the crappy movie from Dreamworks that spawned said actually good cartoon series, anyway...

I'd almost say the same about Tuca & Bertie, but I'm NOT alone in enjoying the heck outta that, thankfully.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts