Does Disney Junior Use Icon Creative Studios Too Much?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A common complaint I've seen lodged against Disney Junior shows is with how they tend to use CGI too much, often causing them to look too similar. However, within this subset of complaints, I've heard some people say that they use the Canadian animation studio Icon Creative Studios too much. Is that really the case? Well, let's take a look.

The first Disney Junior show to be animated by Icon Creative Studios (and what seems to be their first TV show in general) is Goldie And Bear, which came out in November 2015. They worked on both seasons. After that, we'd get Elena Of Avalor in July 2016. While they didn't animate every episode, they worked on a majority of the show. Jump to 3 years later in 2019, where we'd get both TOTS and The Rocketeer. So 4 shows within 4 years doesn't seem too bad, especially with the latter two shows coming out just as Elena was ending and there being a 3 year gap. It's when we get to the 2020s that things get interesting.

After The Rocketeer, the next Disney Junior show would be Alice's Wonderland Bakery, which came out in February 2022. We'd then get Firebuds 7 months later in September. Then we'd get Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures in May 2023. We're also getting the Ariel series, which is most likely coming next year. That's 4 shows within 2 years, which is quite a bit. That's not even taking into account Monsters At Work, the only non-preschool show Icon has done for Disney.

With this in mind, do you think Disney Junior uses Icon Creative Studios too much? Comment below.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts