"Things You Can't Ever Have" Talkback

J. B. Warner

Increasing my wordiness
"Ooh, it's so brown!" That made me laugh.

I do kinda want that vacuum cleaner with the sticker face. It'd scare the hell out of my mom's cats.

"Phear" was actually the original title of Tetrisphere. Nintendo saw their show at CES in 1995 and secured publishing rights for it so it went to the N64 instead of the Jaguar. That would explain its rather strange control scheme which didn't seem matched up to take advantage of the analog stick and used the D-Pad instead.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Interestingly and paradoxically, the things that I'd actually might pay money for (like the Chrono Cross clock) are less expensive than the totally ridiculous stuff only the most ostentatious collector would want (like the international Yoshi's Story cart).

This list also makes my inability to procure an EarthBound cart sting even more. The average eBay price for one is more than half the items on Mars' list, the competition is absolutely cutthroat, and reminds of the fact that I inadvertently forfeited at least two opportunities to buy it for 30 bucks IRL.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Oh, how I would love to own the Wideboy (why on earth didn't they make this available to consumers?) and the Pac-Man comic strip art (didn't even knew this strip existed until today).

Kiddington

tut tut
If I had money to burn, I'd feel oddly compelled to buy that Pokemon Snap print station. I don't think I'd ever even use it; it'd just be around to look nice.

The cheapest copy of Shantae I could find anywhere was $138 (used) on Amazon. No real mystery there; a good (from what I take going off of old reviews), non-shovelware GBC title released in 2002? Too bad that, more than likely, nobody will ever take it upon themselves to re-release this; I'd like to play it, but not for that much.

The Nameless

Demoted Regular
I want that N64 sign. And forget Christmas, I'd have it up every day.

Also I'm wondering what kind of store would sell Wisdom Tree games; maybe unlicensed NES titles were easy to come by back then?

J. B. Warner

Increasing my wordiness
That Lara Croft bust (ahem) is kind of creepy-looking. I bet if it was a full-sized statue like Link, people would be stepping over each other to buy it.

I wonder if anyone would actually pay $10,000 for every SNES game ever made. Do you think they'd sit down and play every single one, too?

"I don't think Pac-Man would wear a plastic smock with a picture of himself on it."
"He would on Halloween!"

Yet another Internet article singing the praises of Shantae. I'll just assume that everyone is right when they say it was the best game ever and move on with my life.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
I'm glad the Dragon Ladies eyes are blacked out.
"I don't think Pac-Man would wear a plastic smock with a picture of himself on it."
"He would on Halloween!"
You may be right. A mask of ones self with accompanying photo smock would make for an excellent costume.:cool:

Zorak Masaki

Also I'm wondering what kind of store would sell Wisdom Tree games; maybe unlicensed NES titles were easy to come by back then?

Pretty much, as i remember Electronics Boutique (now EB Games) had a section devoted to the unlicensed NES games (put seperately from the licensed titles). However, when it comes to Wisdom Tree, i think they were mainly sold through Christian bookstores.

N64 LODGENET VERSION DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM
The prototype for those evil pay-to-play attachments
I would buy it just to burn it

Thanks for RUINING THE FUN OF THE NOVELTY AND NOSTALIGA OF STAYING AT A HOTEL!

The generic piano music relaxes me whenever I turn on the hotel's TV. Besides, I secretly want an emulator for it, and an emulator for those Instant Entertainment swipecard movie-ordering systems (legally simul-purchasing your own movie from your DVD collection, of course)

Sorry I had to rant, but this stuff makes traveling through the country...fun. (and besides, I never played enough to constantly ask for more playtime)

Just trying to form my own opinion. Starting with Wall-E it was hard to form my own opinion based on what I saw from the movie, because I see it once before it comes on on DVD and Blu-ray, so making a comment on Cartoon Brew is hard, and I always have joined the bandwagon on t boycotting he Yogi Bear movie and sometimes Kennedy animation in "Tiny Toons".

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
They're a pain if you brought your own game system and want to attach that instead. Usually the Lodgenet device blocks you from doing that because they want your money.

They're a pain if you brought your own game system and want to attach that instead. Usually the Lodgenet device blocks you from doing that because they want your money.

It's JUST BUSINESS, besides most of the analog TV's that have probably Lodgenet don't have A/V inputs in the back, I am proud being the sucker I am, and I think you need "vacation thearpy".

Kenji Murasame

Secret Agent
Holy crap, I want that Atari E.T. button just so I can have a piece of the game market crash. And the Bible Adventures ad is total false advertising...with the bit at the top, it makes it look like you'll be witnessing something like:

God: "And on the eighth day, it was time to KICK AAAAASS!"

KE7JFF

Christian Supply used to have a collection of religious video games; most of them were of course unlicensed well into the 90s as I understand.

As for the LodgeNet, the reason why they had development boards was that each LodgeNet system was custom for each hotel chain; most chains hired some developer to setup the system for each hotel. Each Hotel could pick their own TV model so you could always slap a box on the top and call it good; the developer was responsible for actually making the TV work with the LodgeNet hardware; so in most cases, the LodgeNet box was hardwired into the TV to completely bypass the tuner inside because the box actually also did PPV and what not. Crazy, I know...but it worked. Thats why they had no composite input.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.

Featured Posts