"Things You Can't Ever Have" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
76 1
I've heard of that Cardcaptor Sakura GameBoy Color even before you posted it. Speaking of anime-themed video game consoles, they also made a 3DS LL case with HeartThrob!/DokiDoki! Pretty Cure on it for the launch of "HeartThrob! Pretty Cure: Life of Pretending (DokiDoki! Purikyua: Narikiri Life). It's not an anime-themed console, but still...
The Super Mario Bros. 3 snacks remind me of this article from X-Entertainment. I believe that's not the only time he ate fruit snacks which were old enough to drink legally.
I've read that article before, since I'm a big Garfield and Friends fan. This had to be my favorite part of the article.
Ol' U.S. Acres got no love from the licensing blitz, despite the many times I stood in front of Jim Davis' house shouting "WADE DUCK IS THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER CREATED AND DON'T EVER FORGET THAT." Perhaps my delivery was off.
I agree with him. Who couldn't love love a duck wearing a kiddie pool float that copies his motions, has a British accent, overreacts when he rips the tag off couches because it's "against the law" and then sings about following the rules soon afterward, vomits during imaginary sea voyages, closes up to your screen to warn you about bunnies, and is afraid of everything?
Back on topic:
-The set of bootleg GameBoys looked like Tiger Electronics handheld games from the 90's than what they were supposed to be. Imagine how dissapointed a 90s' kid who received that instead of a GameBoy for Christmas could have been!
-That real-life Mario Kart looks awesome! I would like to see someone make more real-life Mario Karts someday. Maybe Nintendo could make coin-operated ride-on Mario Karts that would appear in shopping malls or other such places, or even a real-life Mario Kart speedway attraction at an amusement park that could use carts like the one in that eBay auction you showed us.

Last edited by a moderator:

veemonjosh

The Hermit
Sep 30, 2005
Ratings
131 2
The Grid
While I was working at Goodwill last summer, someone donated one of those Little Mac gloves. It was easily one of the best items we got in.

I still wish I had bought it, though the $100 we were charging was a bit too rich for my minimum wage wallet.

Kung-Fu Yoshi

Mar 22, 2014
Ratings
You should get that EBTV DVD. Maybe there'll be lots of stupid stuff on there.

Did you know there was actually an Windows 98 (unlicensed) game for the NES (most likely Famicom, because there's Chinese text)

[video=youtube;rM-89XIAxSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM-89XIAxSs[/video]

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
Jul 3, 2012
Ratings
Crocodile Isle
The fact that clueless Nintendo has handed the Amiibo market to scalpers on a platter fills me with rage. As I write this, the Shulk Amiibo is not out yet, and it's the only one I might be interested in since it's likely the only piece of Xenoblade merchandise ever to be sold

This auction's main picture is a loaded GameStop preorder receipt shoved in your face. "babyguess143," you are a dick.
Did you hear about the guy who hated Rosalina so much that he bought a huge amount of them specifically so her fans couldn't have any? (And he plans on doing the same thing for the amiibos of folks like Zero Suit Samus, Lucina, (female) Robin, and Palutena for the same reasons.) He makes babyguess143 seem tame in comparison.

(In case you think I'm kidding, several video game websites have actually reported on this:
Man hate-buys Rosalina & Luma amiibo in bulk so fans can't have them - Destructoid.)

Aug 21, 2010
Ratings
Great Meadows, NJ
You got a job? Huh, nice dude. Anyway, how did that first guy manage to get so many copies of the Jurassic Park SNES game he managed to fill up an old fridge? And concerning that PS3, there's something to be said for simplicity. The PS2 makes me want a pack of Juicy Fruit. Also, they're making Starburst Juicy Fruit now (Mars and Wrigley merged a couple of years back).