Your favorite Captain Murphy moments

EHal

In honor of Harry Goz, I think we should post our favorite Captain Murphy moments.

One of my favorite moments was during the stimulac episode, when Captain Murphy took the drug and said something like "Wow, its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow inside my brain".

What are some of your favorite murphy moments? :murphy:

EHal

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Before I start, may Harry Goz rest in peace. :( He was a great voice actor, and I'm sure, a great guy. As for the favorite Murphy moment, it probably has to be falling in love with the mop from "In The Closet", episode 11. Murphy: "Look, I'm just gonna lay my cards on the table, and maybe you'll think it sounds crazy. Maybe I AM crazy. But this is crazy, babe, I don't wanna be sane! I'm in love with you, Wendy!" Marco: "Captain! For so long I have quivered at the thought of your supple lips on my crudely drawn mouth!" Classic. Plus, him punching everyone in the closet was great, including his completely random comment after punching a guy. Marco: "What'd you do that for?" Murphy: "Look, we've been through all that---Get away kitty!---the point is..." Funny stuff. Harry Goz will be missed.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Among some of the funnier Capt. Murphy moments:

Little Orphan Angry: The subplot in which he acts as if the "sick boy" is bringing the plague to Sealab (and the way he gets back at him when he discovers he's faking it).

Tinfins: "Holy crap!" (funnier when you check this out, although you have to be a member of that site for at least two weeks in order to download it).
UPDATE: Found a link for those who aren't members of animemusicvideos.org Click here

Vacation: The scenes with him and the hologram version of himself.

Fusebox: His fear concerning flashlights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haywood

I have people skills!
Captain Murphy made the Fusebox episode great. It was funny, but without him that would have been the worst episode ever. Instead, it's my favorite. "There can be only none," and the mug at the end, oh man that was great. I was still laughing 5 minutes after the credits rolled.

Beat

Retired
"Fignuts!" Radio free, all of it. That's what hooked me on Sealab. :murphy:

EDIT- That skit was hillarious. Looks much more professional now. :p :p

nixice

The first episode of SEALAB (not the pilot, the first ep aired -- CHICKMATE) had me so confused -- there were so few jokes and tangents that I kept wondering if this show was really going to be some kind of semi-realistic Sealab sitcom, the daily lives of idiots underwater ... then came that stinger with Murphy getting ready to bed down Debby, and he asks if she wants his bushy fake mustache on or off ...

"Too bad."

That line got me so bad, I had to rewind the tape and watch the whole episode again for everything that I zoned out on early in the show. I wouldn't be watching SEALAB 2021 today if it wasn't for that joke and the conviction with which he said that line.

painaxl

Oh, it's cinnamon...
Beatdigga said:
"Fignuts!" Radio free, all of it. That's what hooked me on Sealab. :murphy:

EDIT- That skit was hillarious. Looks much more professional now. :p :p

Seconded. For me, Radio Free was the first, best, and most re-watchable Sealab they made.
"There's nothing Howlin' Mad hates more than fatties!!"

It was really the little stuff, like the awkward pauses and his low key responses. He just made the show great. Most of my favorite episodes feature him extensively (Baggy Pants, The Policy, etc.)

"Well, see you in hell then."

Priceless.

Xevo

I don't post here anymore...
NikJam said:
You want the mustache on or off?

...too bad

Classic, TOTAL classic. I think that episode had a LOT to do with the show's popularity. Will be one of his all-time best, I'm sure.

Xevo

painaxl said:
Seconded. For me, Radio Free was the first, best, and most re-watchable Sealab they made.
"There's nothing Howlin' Mad hates more than fatties!!"

It was really the little stuff, like the awkward pauses and his low key responses. He just made the show great. Most of my favorite episodes feature him extensively (Baggy Pants, The Policy, etc.)

"Well, see you in hell then."

Priceless.

True as well, Howling Mad Murphy was a thing of beauty. Although, this being the pilot (yes?) you'd have to hope it was good, since the show would never have gotten the green light otherwise.

Xevo

I would have to say it was probably... sheesh here's me sitting at a computer at the library trying to think of my favorite moments... but, besides the recent (relatively speaking) Mars general thingee (again drawing a blank) -- ya know, the Quinn surprise b-day episode, wherein much damage is cause by Murphy "pretending" to go crazy on Quinn's "behalf". The all-time best moment, in my mind, and the one I immediately thought of when seeing this post title. was his perm, I believe in the flashback of the "Predator-ish" episode. Again, guys, sorry, just drawing a TOTAL blank when it comes to specifics right now. And still in utter shock over his death =(((((((((((

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
favorite moments? Try all of them...in every ep he was in, I loved every minute, but I would have to say the best are in
Bizzarro...and Radio Free
the memories...
see you sea cowboy

DianaGohan

Besides the quotes (which equal moments) I listed in my signature I would say,

-The I hate Marco Show from "Radio Free". ("I hate Marco, hate Marco, and his mailbox head!")
-Thinking that Grift had the plague in "Little Orphan Angry" (I bet you're lymph nods are as big as cats).
-Declaring Sealab under Martian rule in "Dier Deb" ("And Dr. Quinn shall be sentanced to death, by sliting").
-His Story about Alvis in "Feast Of Alvis".
- Wanting to get a captain's hat in "Article 4".

We'll miss you Harry Goz. Hope you're doing well in heaven, giving those fignuts a hard time. :)

Stewie

Just now getting into Donovan
I thought he was great in the scene i "Predator where Quinn is explaining to Murphy what the plan is concerning Dolphin-boy (they were using him as bait or something). I don't remember anything specific that Murphy said, but I remember thinking it was hysterical. Then later after Quinn and Murphy had eaten everyone, then Murphy is going to eat Quinn. He was hilarious.

That, and I loved how Murphy would get easily attached to anything. Especially the Gloops.
Hail, Squishface.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
Frist I want to say that Harry Goz made me laugh alot before his death so I hope he rest in peace. Anyway Captain Murphy had ton of moments in my opinion.

Ton of my fave qoutes come from the episode "Radiohead" which is my most fave episode of Sealab. Murphy (to the caller): "You're a bigger suck-up than that stupid forest ranger!" and of course "Fignuts!" Also can say Captain Murphy made me watch Sealab, and that when I begin like the show to death.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts