WWE/Mattel new wrestling figure line!

AJ1

Less than 1 week away! I will be out there first thing on 1/1/10 to pick these up, also there is a huge rumor that TRU has already put them on the shelves due to another store breaking street date. Who's getting these!?!? Also, there are tons of video's of these figures at Wresltingfigs.com and Youtube.com, check them out if you are unsure.

Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Dressing for success?
Those Elite Collection ones look pretty good.

I just wish the Classic Superstars figure of Sid actually looked like Sid. The 10-year-old WCW figure of him I have looks thrice as good! :p

Fifi Fanatic

Certified Skunkologist
(If this is too far off topic and should be its' own thread, please feel free to move it)

I'm curious to see what Jakks is going to do with this "NWA Legends" line they have hooked on to. I would have to assume that anybody who was part of an NWA Territory (and who have not since sold their soul to Vince McMahon) would be eligible. I hope they go really old school with this, all the way back to the 50's. I'd be first in line to get a Killer Kowalski vs. Yukon Eric 2-pack (the match where Kowalski earned his nickname).

And who knows if it will just be strictly NWA guys or if "NWA Legends" will be a catch-all name. They might slip in some AWA guys or someone like Randy Savage who was totally off-limits under the WWE license.

Well, there's good times ahead. Mattel has WWE. Jakks has TNA and NWA Legends. Mexico's AAA has also inked a toy deal (and they have a video game coming too, they must be looking to make some inroads here in the States). Something to look forward too next time I get sent off on an otherwise dull shopping expedition. :anime:

Goodfellow

So what is the point of relaunching WWF figures AGAIN? How many times can you release the same wrestler until it gets boring. I saw the Mattel line, and they look no different than the Jakks line.

langden alger

So what is the point of relaunching WWF figures AGAIN? How many times can you release the same wrestler until it gets boring. I saw the Mattel line, and they look no different than the Jakks line.

They're different in that the height scales are way more accurate. The heads also are not as big and out of proportion to the bodies lke Jakks figures. Each sub set including the line for younger collectors are all the same scale and can be mixed together too, unlike the Jakks sets where you had the deluxe figures looking like giants next to the basic figures....people are going to want figures of Ziggler, Sheamus, Zack Ryder Drew Mcyntire, Miz in his new gear, a better more accurate Mark henry -which Mattel has done perfectly etc....things Jakks never did before they lost the line. All that plus alot of other reasons to start over or continue buying figures if you're a collector.

Have they ever released any current figures in the style of the big ol' LJN toys? Those were pretty cool.

Jakks included them as chaser special edition figures in they're classic line. I have the Undertaker and Austin ones. They look pretty cool. Mattel though has not stated any plans for a line like that. Crossing my fingers for some new hasbro style figures though!!

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
So has anyone picked up these figures? I'm going out tomorrow to look at them in person and there is one thing I am trying to fully determine regarding the Elite Collection.

From what I can tell, if you take the figure out of its 'Elite' outfit (Undertaker's coat and hat, Edge's coat, Punk's t-shirt, Rey's t-shirt and skull mask) the only difference between the Elite and the basic/regular figures would be the extra articulation. Would that be correct?

The reason I ask is that while I am really excited about Elites like The Undertaker, if it is just the guy in a t-shirt, I don't think that is worth the extra money. So while John Morrison would have his jacket and perhaps sunglasses and old style The Miz would have his shirt and hat; Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase would just have a t-shirt which to me makes it not worth it if the figures have the same level of detail as their basic ones (aside from the added articulation).

So any thoughts would be appreciated. In other news, Ringside Collectibles has future figures up for pre-order and they have images for series two!

Elite 2
Basic 2
2-packs 2

From the main page they had pre-order listings for PPV 2 and series 3 & 4, but while the main links are still there, there were no listings when I clicked on them.

Wonderwall

Staff member
You should look for Dibiase's figure Penguin. I'm only saying because Ted was up here last week on a show called OTR and he thought the new mattell line version of him was much better than his previous one, as the old one he thought made him look like Obama:p

langden alger

they look great in person. series two of the basics look even better-maybe the flat out best Kane and Mark Henry figures so far. I have the Orton and elite Taker. havened opened them yet but heard it's a real headache tring to get the hard rubber coats off of guys like edge and taker. other than the added articulation, they are all mostly the same. if you want cool leg poses, get elites. if you just want static, more stiff poses just get the basics. they didn't use the cut thigh or hinge jointed hips like the dcu figures.-not even for elites, just ball joints. Mattel really tried to listen to collectors and did they're best to make the kid friendly line and deluxe figures all in the same scale. you could swap in a flex force figure with all the basics or elites pretty seamlessly.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
You should look for Dibiase's figure Penguin. I'm only saying because Ted was up here last week on a show called OTR and he thought the new mattell line version of him was much better than his previous one, as the old one he thought made him look like Obama:p
There were many JAKKS figures I was not a fan of. Just seeing pictures, Rhodes & DiBiase look much better than they did before. I never really liked the JAKKS Randy Orton either.

Hopefully I can get some feedback on the Elite thing before I go out tomorrow morning. Kmart has buy two, get one free so I'm going to see what they have.

they look great in person. series two of the basics look even better-maybe the flat out best Kane and Mark Henry figures so far. I have the Orton and elite Taker. havened opened them yet but heard it's a real headache tring to get the hard rubber coats off of guys like edge and taker. other than the added articulation, they are all mostly the same. if you want cool leg poses, get elites. if you just want static, more stiff poses just get the basics. they didn't use the cut thigh or hinge jointed hips like the dcu figures.-not even for elites, just ball joints. Mattel really tried to listen to collectors and did they're best to make the kid friendly line and deluxe figures all in the same scale. you could swap in a flex force figure with all the basics or elites pretty seamlessly.
I figured the coats would be hard to get off, but if I get some, I wouldn't be likely to be messing around with that.

Looking at the 'unpacked' images comparing basic 2 and elite 2 it looks like in addition to the torso there is extra articulation in the knees. Is that what you meant by "cool leg poses?" If I get some, I would unpack them and just display them on a shelf standing together rather than posing them in ways that would require anything beyond arms raised or lowered.

langden alger

yeah, the ball jointed legs allow some good poses. didn't notice the added kneee joints. have to look at the pics again. it does seem like the diva figures and horswoggle do have the better leg articulation, like cut thighs. but if you just want those shelf displays, i'd def. go with basics. lower priced and still look good. plus the heritage series that's set to include legends and classic looks for the current stars should most likley only be basic style.

AJ1

So has anyone picked up these figures? I'm going out tomorrow to look at them in person and there is one thing I am trying to fully determine regarding the Elite Collection.

From what I can tell, if you take the figure out of its 'Elite' outfit (Undertaker's coat and hat, Edge's coat, Punk's t-shirt, Rey's t-shirt and skull mask) the only difference between the Elite and the basic/regular figures would be the extra articulation. Would that be correct?

The reason I ask is that while I am really excited about Elites like The Undertaker, if it is just the guy in a t-shirt, I don't think that is worth the extra money. So while John Morrison would have his jacket and perhaps sunglasses and old style The Miz would have his shirt and hat; Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase would just have a t-shirt which to me makes it not worth it if the figures have the same level of detail as their basic ones (aside from the added articulation).

So any thoughts would be appreciated. In other news, Ringside Collectibles has future figures up for pre-order and they have images for series two!

Elite 2
Basic 2
2-packs 2

From the main page they had pre-order listings for PPV 2 and series 3 & 4, but while the main links are still there, there were no listings when I clicked on them.

The thrill of the hunt was so fun for me, I went out on the 1st which was their official street date (some leeked before then) and through searching about 6 stores I was able to put together the entire Basic Set of Triple H, Batista, Cena, Kingston, Big Show and Bourne and the entire first set of Elite's with Undertaker, Punk, Edge and Rey Mysterio. I also found a "signiture series" which are basicly repackaged Basic's with different clothing with gold signitures along the back of the cards (pics to come), a 6 pack TRU exclusive and the World Heavyweight Championship belt, all of which are displayed nicely on my book shelves. I was not interested in getting any of the Entrance Greats, or Flex Force series. Just yesterday I found a Randy Orton and Kane basic leeked at my local Target, so I picked them up.

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
Even seeing them in the stores, I'm not much a fan of the new line. They just don't look that good to me. Then again, I only stuck to the Deluxe Agression ones since they looked nicer and were more detailed, so maybe I was spoiled to that. But even then, the Elite CM Punk looks terrible compared to the Deluxe Agression one.

It'll be dependent on the wrestler, though, even more so since this is just the first wave. Like, say, that Mark Henry. That thing looks a million times better than the Jakks one.

AJ1

Even seeing them in the stores, I'm not much a fan of the new line. They just don't look that good to me. Then again, I only stuck to the Deluxe Agression ones since they looked nicer and were more detailed, so maybe I was spoiled to that. But even then, the Elite CM Punk looks terrible compared to the Deluxe Agression one.

It'll be dependent on the wrestler, though, even more so since this is just the first wave. Like, say, that Mark Henry. That thing looks a million times better than the Jakks one.

The basic line Batista is amazing looking, his face looks just like him, same with the elite Undertaker. I never collected the Jakks stuff aside from the classic superstars series and I find the Mattel stuff to be a much better presentation of the wrestler, aside from 1 or 2 figures.

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
The basic line Batista is amazing looking, his face looks just like him, same with the elite Undertaker. I never collected the Jakks stuff aside from the classic superstars series and I find the Mattel stuff to be a much better presentation of the wrestler, aside from 1 or 2 figures.

They're kind of hit-or-miss with me. The Batista one does look good, much better than the first ones Jakks did of him. And the Evan Bourne one looks pretty good. But I have to disagree with the Undertaker one (at least the Elite one, I don't think I've seen the basic one). His face just looks weird. Same with the Elite Edge, which I was almost tempted on getting since he has the overcoat but is still poseable, but his face just has this vacant stare on it.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Well, I hit Kmart I think it was last Saturday for the last day of their buy two WWE toys, get one free and got more than I was expecting. As I have said before, I hated JAKKS out of the gate and even though they got better, I still never really liked them that much. These however, I am very impressed with. I scowled just looking at the JAKKS figures, but I really like what Mattel did here and look forward to seeing more. What I got...

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase: Being the big fan of Legacy that I am, I really wanted these two and think they look great and even though I don't want to feel like I'm just picking on them, I didn't like the JAKKS version of either of these two. It was a mighty fight, but I got Cody's knee pads just above his boots like they're supposed to be. That was much harder than I thought.

Elite Undertaker: I knew I wanted this one and was not disappointed. The hat and coat are great and to me is just a great representation of the Dead Man. If I only bought one figure, this would have been the one.

Elite Edge: He has a bit of a smug look on his face, but sometimes Edge does have a smug look on his face. Love the jacket which makes it worth not holding out for the basic figure.

Evan Bourne: Evan's sculpt looks great and it's cool how Undertaker towers over him. I was a bit disappointed that his hair is from the brief period he had kind of a mohawk, but it's not overly noticeable unless you study it.

Heritage/WrestleMania Randy Orton: Honestly, I only got this one because he has the 0175 of 1000 belts, otherwise I would I have been happy to wait for one that has all of Orton's current tattoos. I do have to say though that this is the best Randy Orton figure I have seen. Especially with him, the JAKKS ones always disappointed. Right now I've left him in the package (though it's not a mint card, slightly beat up), I'm a bit tempted to exchange him for one that I don't have (i.e. Big Show), but I may just keep him. I also found the Heritage Edge with the belt and later found Evan with the belt at Wal-Mart, but I don't like Edge enough to want two and I didn't care enough about trying to exchange Evan before I opened him.

Signature Chris Jericho: At Kmart I was surprised to find a purple Chris Jericho (as opposed to the blue one packed with Shawn Michaels). I wasn't really feeling that Michaels so I'd rather wait for a different one. At the time, I didn't even know what the Signature Collection was, but I needed a third one to get another free and Jericho ended up beating Batista in my personal contest for the last "roster spot."

Does anyone have the full details on these Signature Collection figures? The most I have been able to find is they are alternate outfits/colors of the same figures and I have read something about Batista in black (as opposed to red)

AJ1

Well, I hit Kmart I think it was last Saturday for the last day of their buy two WWE toys, get one free and got more than I was expecting. As I have said before, I hated JAKKS out of the gate and even though they got better, I still never really liked them that much. These however, I am very impressed with. I scowled just looking at the JAKKS figures, but I really like what Mattel did here and look forward to seeing more. What I got...

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase: Being the big fan of Legacy that I am, I really wanted these two and think they look great and even though I don't want to feel like I'm just picking on them, I didn't like the JAKKS version of either of these two. It was a mighty fight, but I got Cody's knee pads just above his boots like they're supposed to be. That was much harder than I thought.

Elite Undertaker: I knew I wanted this one and was not disappointed. The hat and coat are great and to me is just a great representation of the Dead Man. If I only bought one figure, this would have been the one.

Elite Edge: He has a bit of a smug look on his face, but sometimes Edge does have a smug look on his face. Love the jacket which makes it worth not holding out for the basic figure.

Evan Bourne: Evan's sculpt looks great and it's cool how Undertaker towers over him. I was a bit disappointed that his hair is from the brief period he had kind of a mohawk, but it's not overly noticeable unless you study it.

Heritage/WrestleMania Randy Orton: Honestly, I only got this one because he has the 0175 of 1000 belts, otherwise I would I have been happy to wait for one that has all of Orton's current tattoos. I do have to say though that this is the best Randy Orton figure I have seen. Especially with him, the JAKKS ones always disappointed. Right now I've left him in the package (though it's not a mint card, slightly beat up), I'm a bit tempted to exchange him for one that I don't have (i.e. Big Show), but I may just keep him. I also found the Heritage Edge with the belt and later found Evan with the belt at Wal-Mart, but I don't like Edge enough to want two and I didn't care enough about trying to exchange Evan before I opened him.

Signature Chris Jericho: At Kmart I was surprised to find a purple Chris Jericho (as opposed to the blue one packed with Shawn Michaels). I wasn't really feeling that Michaels so I'd rather wait for a different one. At the time, I didn't even know what the Signature Collection was, but I needed a third one to get another free and Jericho ended up beating Batista in my personal contest for the last "roster spot."

Does anyone have the full details on these Signature Collection figures? The most I have been able to find is they are alternate outfits/colors of the same figures and I have read something about Batista in black (as opposed to red)

The sig collection is basicly alternate outfits and different facial expressions, I have the entire line of signiture's and so far the only major different is outfit color and the faux signiture on the back of the card. The next set of sig's are supposed to have different heads and outfits painted on, not cloth like in the elite series. Have you seen the World's Championship belt? It's amazing!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts