What Year Was Terry McGinnis Born?

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
I almost titled this "Anyone else feel weird that Terry was born this year?" but I can't actually confirm that he was born in 2023. I'm seeing either 2023 or 2024 as best guesses, but has anything been confirmed or is official?

I like to think he was born in 2023. For those of you that watched the CW Flash show,
Nora Allen was born in 2023, so it's fun thinking she and Terry were born within months of each other.

Thoughts on Terry's birth and how we're closer to the time of Batman Beyond than when the show was on the air in general?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
No official birth date was ever given.

There was a wikipedia edit war in the 2000s but no source was ever given for either disputed date, June 27, 2023 and August 18, 2023.

If you believe the 2039 date, then yes around 2023/2024.

If you believe Timm's 50 years from the current present event stance, around 2037/2038.

We know Terry is 16 when the events of Batman Beyond begin. Over a year passes through the series - there are touchstones here and there like Golem was during a spring dance, "Disappearing Inque" Terry mentions it took 6 months to get a tour of the Batcave, results from standardized tests in "Hidden Agenda", "Plague" being at the end of spring break, Epilogue being 15 years later etc.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
Since Batman Beyond is forever 50 years from now, and he was sixteen when the show started, I'd say that Terry McGinnis would be born in 2057. Next year, of course, it will be 2058.

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
No official birth date was ever given.

There was a wikipedia edit war in the 2000s but no source was ever given for either disputed date, June 27, 2023 and August 18, 2023.

If you believe the 2039 date, then yes around 2023/2024.

If you believe Timm's 50 years from the current present event stance, around 2037/2038.

We know Terry is 16 when the events of Batman Beyond begin. Over a year passes through the series - there are touchstones here and there like Golem was during a spring dance, "Disappearing Inque" Terry mentions it took 6 months to get a tour of the Batcave, results from standardized tests in "Hidden Agenda", "Plague" being at the end of spring break, Epilogue being 15 years later etc.

Ah, looks like that's the best we've ever gotten. Thanks!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts