"Trick Or Treat Scooby-Doo!" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Movie!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out an all-new original Scooby-Doo animated movie!
Trick Or Treat Scooby-Doo!
Release Dates - October 4, 2022 (on Digital)
October 14, 2022 at 7:00pm (Cartoon Network premiere)
October 15, 2022 (HBO Max streaming debut)
October 18, 2022 (DVD release date)

Synopsis: Mystery Inc. has cracked the case to top all cases! They’ve tracked down Coco Diablo, the head of the notorious costume crime syndicate that colludes The Black Knight, Space Kook and the Ghost Diver. With Coco and her kitty in prison, Mystery Inc. thinks that they can finally enjoy a break. Wrong! Suddenly, menacing doppelgänger ghosts of the Scooby crew and favorite classic foes show up in Coolsville to threaten Halloween. Now it’s up to the meddling kids – and their unlikely new partner Coco – to unmask the latest scoundrel and save Halloween! For Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, with trick-or-treating on the line – this time it’s personal!

Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! features the familiar voice talents of Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo/Fred Jones, Grey DeLisle as Daphne Blake, Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers and Kate Micucci as Velma Dinkley. Film is Executive Produced and Directed by Audie Harrison (“Uncle Grandpa”) from a teleplay by Audie Harrison & Laura Pollak (“Fairfax,” “Rise of the Pink Ladies”) and Daniel McClellan (“Lost in Space”). Sam Register (Looney Tunes Cartoons) serves as executive producer.

The Bonus Episodes include:
  • Be Cool, Scooby-Doo, "El Bandito"​
  • The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, "The Headless Horseman of Halloween"​
  • The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, "To Switch a Witch"​
Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related links
:
"Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog" Talkback (Spoilers)
"Scooby Doo! The Sword and the Scoob!" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)
"Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)
"SCOOB!" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
"Scooby Doo! Return To Zombie Island" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)
"Scooby Doo! and The Curse of The 13th Ghost" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)
"Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and The Bold" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

"Scooby-Doo" Direct-to-Video Animated Features News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Fun movie!

The animation looks amazing! I already liked the look of Scooby Doo & Guess Who that this was derived from, despite not watching much of the show; and here it’s very smooth and expressive.

I can’t express enough how awesome the intro for this movie is. It sets a hilarious tone to the story where the Mystery Gang are squandering and doing minimal tasks when there’s no crime for them to stop.

The lyric about them exhibiting no more thrill and meaning said it all comedically.

A whole movie centered on that would’ve been perfect for me if it was done just right.

I can’t watch every single Scooby show ever made, but I know when they experiment with those types of scenarios it’s very much on par with Harvey Birdman.

Velma is the major buzz that the movie is getting, and I understand why. It’s cute, Coco Diablo’s probably only gonna be a one time character but people are very happy with the intent alone.

Fun flick to check out if you find yourself in the mood for it.

Something I noticed 14 minutes in was that the tax accountant’s calendar says it’s 2001. It doesn’t seem to have any relevance to the story but I found it interesting to set it there.

wiley207

The whole movie was such a fun romp! Definitely more enjoyable than "Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo." And the animation was a lot more bouncy and fluid, thanks to Snipple Animation (similar to their episodes of "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who", or on "Looney Tunes Cartoons" and the "Animaniacs" revival). The animation looks more limited in the trailer; I suspect what was shown there was from a work-in-progress print.
During the trick-or-treating scene when Shaggy and Scooby were dressed as each other, when they got stuck on the caramel house I figured out right away it had to be a dream. I also figured the Mystery Inc.-esque ghosts were really robots, due to the way they were floating around, and because of Rudy being a dog skeleton; very hard to make a costume of a dog skeleton to hide a human or animal inside. And they couldn't be holograms because they made physical contact with the environment and other characters.
As for Velma being into women, I didn't mind too much, because of how they also did it in "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated".
I wonder if the writers looked at some of the older (cira 1990s) Scooby-Doo comics for inspiration? Issue #9 of DC's "Scooby-Doo" comics had a story where the gang investigates the costume company where the crooks got their disguises from, and Issue #27 of Archie Comics's "Scooby-Doo" series had a story with an evil Scooby-lookalike ghost dressed in a cape and top hat that is later revealed to be a robot. (He even says one of Rudy's lines: "Scooby-Doo, I've come for you!") But regarding that, it was fun to see the gang learning the source of their crooks' costumes, and Coco Diablo was such a fun character.
I also enjoyed seeing all the old villain costumes and the culprits in Coolsville's prison; it was fun trying to recognize them. But why was Sarah Jenkins there? She wasn't doing anything illegal in "Foul Play in Funland"...
I was surprised to hear the "Ballroom Blitz" song played during the library chase scene. It's a real glam rock song from the 70s that I've heard a few times at my workplace.
I know I'm probably now going to be watching this every Halloween season!

zoombie

So tell me where these villains in the movie. Carl the stunt man and Uncle Stewart, were they there or not?

I thought when Fred mentioned the reasons Daphne was the real leader of Mystery Inc., was the fact when they broke up she was the first one to come back back in the 80's.

ShadowBlinky

It is pretty fun!
I already knew Scooby and the gang
put a lot of people in jail, but DANG.
As for Velma being into women, I didn't mind too much, because of how they also did it in "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated".
I'm just glad they didn't go too far with it. :sweat:

wiley207

So tell me where these villains in the movie. Carl the stunt man and Uncle Stewart, were they there or not?
Here's Uncle Stuart...
1665873214865.png

...and here's Carl.
1665873231687.png

(Carl also re-appears in one of my Scooby-Doo fanfics with a couple other past villains.)

But I was disappointed that Pietro the Puppet Master and Big Bob Oakley were not part of the group of culprits! They were a couple of my favorites, alongside Carl. (My aforementioned fanfic has Big Bob Oakley work alongside Carl though, but I won't spoil anything else.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts