The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
So what's so special about this? This piece of music was used in Nickelodeon advertising during the Silver Ball era, but this is the first time I've heard the entire thing uncut.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Jamiroquai's music video for "Deeper Underground" was partially shot at an actual cinema, which is the State Cinema in Grays.

Before making her breakout role in Killers of the Flower Moon, Lily Gladstone played Willie Jack's aunt Hokti in the FX dramedy TV series Reservation Dogs, which was the first major American TV series with an all-indigenous cast.

MatthewP

ngl i wonder what the first commercial uploaded to youtube was?

not like, the first ads to run on youtube, like the first user-uploaded video that was a commercial

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Since this month in the United States is Arab American Heritage Month, here's this classic hit by Paula Abdul, who is Syrian American.

The life-size moving Gundam model in Yokohama, Japan has officially been decommissioned after four years, hence here's some footage from the last day of operation.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This AMC Pacer commercial had a luxury car being revealed to be the Pacer with parts removed that made it unrecognisable.

Fun fact about the guitar crunch from Radiohead's "Creep": Jonny Greenwood did it in an attempt to ruin the song as the band were uneasy about it.

stephane dumas

Speaking of Bollywood, that scene from the movie Alluda Mazaka with the horse wouldn't be done today.

And to a latter extent, the same could be said from that scene exterpted of Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles who celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Since today is Conan O'Brien's 61st birthday, here's a famous clip from Late Night with Conan O'Brien with him talking to Jennifer Garner.

A compilation of ads for Doritos' AI-augmented snack.

stephane dumas

Speaking of Conan O'Brien, birthday; here a clip from SNL where he as well as Steve Martin, Candice Bergen, Paul Rudd, Elliott Gould, Tina Fey welcome John Mulaney into the Five-Timers Club.

stephane dumas

Some oldies
"I saw her again" by The Mamas and the Papas

A one-hit wonder from the early 1970s, "Hitchin' a ride" by Vanity Fair

"Dancin' in the Moonlight", King Harvest

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts