The Nicktoons Forum Rules (Read Before Posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
All rules in the General Board FAQ apply at the Nicktoons Forum. If you haven't read them yet, read them now. As always, feel free to contact any of your Forum Moderators if you have any questions.

In regards to recent activity, it has become apparent that in addition to the rules in the link above, additional measures need highlighted:

1. No politics or social issues are allowed on the forums. The notice on the Toonzone Cafe applies to all forums.

Discussion of issues related to the animation industry can sometimes border on political (like scandals involving animation studio companies or creators) and these may be allowed but they will be closed if they get out of hand. Along those lines, we feel it best to review the following:

2. Disagreements

i.
Do not flame other members. Treat your fellow board-mates with respect. Do not seek to inflame or aggravate them. Remember, the people you are arguing against are not evil incarnate; they merely have a different opinion. You must treat that opinion with the basic amount of respect if you are going to have any hope of getting them to change it or continue to engage them in a positive exchange.

Action: Moderators have many options to deal with flame wars - anywhere from an in-thread warning to a full ban of some to all members involved.

3. Language

i.
The rule of thumb is be tasteful with your opinions and there are many words out there that better illustrate your thoughts. Leniency will be considered in the discussion thread of content that is a hard PG-13 to R.

a. The use of the following words: hell, ass, damn, and crap are permitted

b. The words in listed in section a. cannot be used
* when used towards another member (i.e. I read your post, user1, and you are full of crap)
* when used against someone on the production crew or cast of an animated series, movie, short, etc. (i.e. I just watched X Movie and I think Writer is full of crap and can go to hell)

ii. The same thing applies to "filtered" words or alternate spellings: sh*t, *****hole, @*#$, and the word-filter "****" are not permitted.

iii. No words related to sexual assault are allowed. This applies to words such as rape, rapist, and sodomize (except in regards to select discussions about sexual assault involving show creators. These words are NOT appropriate for discussing your thoughts on children's cartoons you don't like).

Action: Moderators will edit and/or delete posts as need be and handing out an in-thread warning, Pokes, Warnings, respectively if a member continues to engage in such language.

4. Self-Promotion

Self-promotion of one's self, one's website, one's social media, one's videos, and the like are not allowed in posts.

i. Threads and/or posts deemed self-promotion will de deleted and/or infractions will be given.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts