"Superman: Red Son" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker-Shepherd

So the movie comes out later this month. Guess this means no Wondercon premiere.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if any DC animated movies will be shown there this year.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

So the movie comes out later this month. Guess this means no Wondercon premiere.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if any DC animated movies will be shown there this year.
Well, the digital premiere is this month (February 25); the physical release isn't until March 17, still most of a month before WonderCon. The convention could premiere Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, which has already been completed (though it might be a bit too early).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

This clip came out. The ending mentions this is rated R. I thought it said PG-13 sometime ago, though that was probably false.

Screenshot_20200212-145556.png

Mod Note: Video link updated.

Otaku-sempai

This clip came out. The ending mentions this is rated R. I thought it said PG-13 sometime ago, though that was probably false.
Or Warner Bros. Entertainment actually wanted an 'R' rating and submitted a new cut with some edits restored. I saw the page for the original rating and it seemed legit. In fact, FilmRatings.com still has it listed (as of this writing) as PG-13, which is the rating the movie received when the first trailer came out (check out the trailer).

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Or Warner Bros. Entertainment actually wanted an 'R' rating and submitted a new cut with some edits restored. I saw the page for the original rating and it seemed legit. In fact, FilmRatings.com still has it listed (as of this writing) as PG-13.
Maybe they got some sales data back in and asked for them to add back the elements that make it R rated. Yes, it was PG-13, back in December, when the first trailer then the press release statement came out, it was PG-13 for "PG-13 for violent content, bloody images, suggestive material, language, thematic elements and some smoking."

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't think Red Son is particularly a nexplicit or graphic a story, but I could be forgetting something...
The only things that come to mind that could get the R rating is maybe elaborating more on Hal's backstory - namely the torture he goes through as a POW - or probably the East Coast battle with Superman vs. the GLC and Amazons. I recall one GL's head got knocked off?

Frontier

Staff member
The only things that come to mind that could get the R rating is maybe elaborating more on Hal's backstory - namely the torture he goes through as a POW - or probably the East Coast battle with Superman vs. the GLC and Amazons. I recall one GL's head got knocked off?
Yeah, I could see that doing it. Maybe they up the action scenes a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts