"Spawn: The Animated Series - 10th Anniversary Edition" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this Spawn DVD release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The entire acclaimed series is here in one special collection!

Spawn: The Animated Series - 10th Anniversary Edition

Synopsis:
Evil begets evil. Hell begets hellspawn. Exploding from the comic book page onto the screen, Spawn is a deadly tornado of untapped, unwrapped merciless power. He was once a man...now he's a hellspawn, battling the forces of evil on earth...and in himself. Gradually discovering the terrifying power he possesses, Spawn fights to uncover the truth about his identity and fulfill his destiny.

Special Features
• Audio Commentary by Todd McFarlane on Select Episodes ("Burning Visions," "Home Bitter Home," "A Made Guy," "Prophecy"*
• Extended Interview with Todd McFarlane
• Behind the Scenes Featurette
• Episode One Storyboard: Frame by Frame*
• The McFarlane Process: Step by Step*
• Character Profiles*
• All-New Transfer - See Comparisons*
* - New to this release.

Comments?

Related Discussions:
Spawn Comic Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Spawn: The Movie Talkback (Spoilers)
Todd McFarlane's Spawn Animated Series Talkback (Spoilers)

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
I'm curious if this release will include the original MacFarlane intros for Spawn.

I believe he provided a prologue to several early season episodes, can't recall if he did so on all the episodes however.

I wonder what progress has been made w/ the next animated feature/series.

sdp

miscrave
yeah the episodes include the intros.
in fact this site has a full review written by Bird Boy I believe.
http://spawn.toonzone.net/tas/

I'm getting my set from Best Buy, its 27.99 and includes a reprint of the first comic.

Hades

I'll get this down the road, but tomorrow I need to spend my money towards TftC.

Does anyone know if this set is still on flipper discs or are they finally single sided?

Michael24

Staff member
I've never seen this show and never got around to picking up the previous releases, so this seems like as good a time as any to pick up the series. Perfect timing, too, because I just saw the movie on cable a few nights ago, then dug out my comics to give them a read, so I'm kinda on a Spawn high at the moment. :)

Michael24

Staff member
It's on the left side, under "Releases." I didn't see it at first either. Nice review. :)

Robin2099

So, does anyone who already has the first release going for the double dip? I'm considering it, since I hated how they edited the episodes together in the first release, but I'm not 100% sold.

Hades

So, does anyone who already has the first release going for the double dip? I'm considering it, since I hated how they edited the episodes together in the first release, but I'm not 100% sold.

5.1 audio, check.
single sided discs, check.
better video, check

Definitely a must buy. However, I could do without the Todd intros as they were pointless, but it is all good.

jasonhill

Ah good Single Side, i hate the two side dvd, i always have scratches and crap cause of that. So i'm gonna sell off the original to get that. Is $27 dollars the cheapest for the set out there?

Toonfan1980

Spawn was a great cartoon with some of the best sound effect I've ever heard in a cartoon before. Cigarettes burning, footsteps, water running, keys jingling, it all sounded amazing. The packaging is great too. Who else enjoyed it?

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I bought the first season years ago and only made it through it once

It was one of those dvds that you have to flip over to play the other side and those things are the bane of my existence

I wasn't that into the show though. I watched the third season when it was on tv and I thought that was pretty cool but the first season didn't really do anything for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael24

Staff member
I could never see this when it was on because we didn't have HBO, but I was heavily into Spawn comics at the time. I keep meaning to pick up that newer DVD set so that I can finally see it. I remember watching a bit of one episode on scrambled HBO late one night, and it looked pretty cool from what I could see and hear. :D

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
Great packaging? You must have a different version than I do-- mine come in those old crappy cardboard snapper cases.

I thought it was a pretty cool show, filled a niche that often goes unfilled in animation, although the third season came off as pretty weak to me. Definitely felt rushed, like they all of a sudden realized that they were about to end and decided to try to cram three seasons worth of plot into one.

Toonfan1980

I have the one that came out last year with the metal casing, real nice. The third season did feel a little rushed, but good none the less. A nice dark and violent cartoon!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts