Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon coming to Netflix in 2022!

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
A new Sonic cartoon that appears to be based on the main canon and not the Sonic Boom spin-off, I’d be interested. But I’m skeptical because it’s in CGI and done by Man of Action who did Mega Man: Fully Charged which I thought was mediocre. If I want a western Sonic cartoon I would prefer it should in 2D and be made by Ian Jones-Quartey because of the OK KO crossover which is surprisingly one of the best interpretations of Sonic I’ve seen IMO. Aside from it being an affectionate well done take of Sonic (Better than Boom) we’d get something new from Quartey considering OK KO was short lived.

Frontier

Staff member
A new Sonic cartoon that appears to be based on the main canon and not the Sonic Boom spin-off, I’d be interested. But I’m skeptical because it’s in CGI and done by Man of Action who did Mega Man: Fully Charged which I thought was mediocre. If I want a western Sonic cartoon I would prefer it should in 2D and be made by Ian Jones-Quartey because of the OK KO crossover which is surprisingly one of the best interpretations of Sonic I’ve seen IMO. Aside from it being an affectionate well done take of Sonic (Better than Boom) we’d get something new from Quartey considering OK KO was short lived.
That Sonic episode was so, so good :D.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I remember looking at Charlotte Fullerton's LinkedIn, which said that she was story editor for some project from Wildbrain. As it turns out, it's for this series. Given how she says "a bit of story editing", it makes me think that she either started out as story editor or became story editor later on. The tweet implies she wasn't fully involved here.

Sonic should be on the Paramount Plus and not Netflix.
This series was announced in 2019/2020 as being produced for Netflix, which they can't exactly back out of even with Paramount Plus having more recent Sonic content. Preexisting contracts would be the usual explanation for something like this. Besides, it's not like putting this on another streaming service would've guaranteed more longevity. Look at Amazon Prime Video, and how their 2010s non-preschool cartoons didn't have much longevity.

Last edited:

Rabbitearsblog

Just saw the trailer and I really loved it! I think that Devon Mack did a fantastic job with Sonic's voice and I'm really loving Sonic's personality in this trailer. I hope we get to see more of this trailer later on.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So at some Sonic event today, there was apparently an image of Shadow that was shown. Deven Mack also said how, unlike most of the recordings for the show, he was able to record with his voice actor for an episode. This should be interesting.

Frontier

Staff member
So at some Sonic event today, there was apparently an image of Shadow that was shown. Deven Mack also said how, unlike most of the recordings for the show, he was able to record with his voice actor for an episode. This should be interesting.

Shadow's cool and all, but I was kind of hoping for a little more...but I guess they're saving that for Netflix: Geeked :p.

CookieS

I'm not too familiar with the world of Sonic, but I'm assuming the success of the two films are partly responsible for this series. Do you think this series will serve as a prequel to the movies?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

When writing this article, one side of me said "Why write something like this that could be potentially misleading?" The other side said "Well, the show isn't talked about much. You can write about it as long as you back up your facts." As such, I went with the latter.

Finally started catching some of Smiling Friends. What I've seen of it so far is pretty good.
Are there any channels that got shut down before being launched?
Happy Memorial Day!

Featured Posts