Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

Cynopsis Kids has finally updated in recent weeks, although nowadays, they only update during upfront season, about two months long, or 1/6 of the year. For the week of March 7-13, which has the KCA weekend, they show that Nickelodeon had a 1.8 rating among Kids 6-11 with 324,000 viewers, and Disney Channel had a 1.7 rating with 319,000 for the Monday to Sunday 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. chart, which excludes Disney's overnight programming. There are also Top 10 charts for February 22 to 28 with many Nick shows in the Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11 charts.

I wish Kidscreen could get the demographic ratings data and charts instead, since they update year round, and Cynopsis is now ignoring 5/6 of the year in kids TV. It is hard to wait from mid-May to March for ratings updates.

Wow..look at that! Paradise Run has been in top 10 for K6-11, and earlier Feb were in top 10 for K2-11! It's been a big hit though. Considered total viewers 1.4-1.5 average, Nick should really consider renewing for season 2, but sadly Nick pulled these reruns.
And interestingly for first time in several years since 2011 or 2012, Nick is back to #1 in K6-11, so close to Disney though but some cases Disney may win back #1 in K6-11. Lot of big gap for K2-11 that Nick easily wins. Cartoon ratings finally are back to low ratings since 2013 or early 2014.

Will TV Land's ratings for KCA be released?
http://programminginsider.com/ratin...viacom-networks-nearly-match-year-ago-levels/
TVLand for KCA - 0.241

And..last Tuesday ratings for SpongeBob and Alvin in afternoons are getting much lower, faring 1.3-1.5 viewers

Last edited:

kanc

i think the day after KCA is over, the ratings were down so far and I guess they stopped watching Nick when realized that KCA is not going well.

Last edited:

rockorockorocko

i think the day after KCA is over, the ratings were down so far and I guess they stopped watching Nick when realized that KCA is not going well.

Well usually whenever a station has a huge event the ratings go down a bit. Add to the fact kids are on Spring Break and there's Daylight Savings Time, it's not a huge shock. Same thing happened last year.

I will say, I hope Cynopsis Kids keeps that data going. If you look at it, Nick dominated the airings in K2-11 AND K6-11. Disney has reigned in the K6-11 for decades... I'm surprised there's not more said about this particular win. It's a big deal. Plus, lots of Nicks shows on the Top 10. Maybe Nick isn't doing too bad, they seem the healthiest of the three networks.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
I will say, I hope Cynopsis Kids keeps that data going. If you look at it, Nick dominated the airings in K2-11 AND K6-11. Disney has reigned in the K6-11 for decades... I'm surprised there's not more said about this particular win. It's a big deal. Plus, lots of Nicks shows on the Top 10. Maybe Nick isn't doing too bad, they seem the healthiest of the three networks.

324,000 is greater than 319,000, however when when that ratings data in previous years had been closer to a million, I can see why neither of them would want to brag about that. I disagree with your last sentence, but since I don't want to go too far off-topic here, I'll create a new topic to discuss it soon. I find it odd you say Nickelodeon is the healthiest network, yet I have not seen you post in the Nickelodeon schedule thread recently, which has seen quite a bit of complaining lately over its sudden schedule changes.

rockorockorocko

324,000 is greater than 319,000, however when when that ratings data in previous years had been closer to a million, I can see why neither of them would want to brag about that. I disagree with your last sentence, but since I don't want to go too far off-topic here, I'll create a new topic to discuss it soon. I find it odd you say Nickelodeon is the healthiest network, yet I have not seen you post in the Nickelodeon schedule thread recently, which has seen quite a bit of complaining lately over its sudden schedule changes.

Based on ratings only, seems like Nick is doing the best despite their horrid schedule.

Based on ratings only, seems like Nick is doing the best despite their horrid schedule.
Mostly because of spamming Spongebob, ALVIN!!, and on Nick Jr, PAW Patrol.. the reality is, this is unsustainable. They risk burning out those shows if kids start tiring of them.. Spongebob is already in that danger.

This could be fixed by putting more variety in Nick's sked and cutting back on the sponge and those chipmunks (who don't exactly have a ton of episodes to rerun.)

Nick can fix this by abolishing SBSP! You know the current structure is broken if even KIDS are getting tired of it! They are finally waking up & seeing Nick & Viacom for what they really are:a bunch of evil conniving ********!

Last edited:

kanc

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/21/friday-cable-ratings-march-18-2016/
As embarrassing as it was, with Friday premieres on hiatus, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs scored 1.805 on a 0.4 adult demo, which is beating Disney premieres. They had SpongeBob as lead-in. I wish Nick could have experimented with SpongeBob as lead-in and all nicktoon premieres esp FOP, but they had Make It Pop (Jan.) and Paradise Run (Feb.) as lead-in.

Also notable is that Spongebob reruns are struggling to crack 1.6M.. and ALVIN had 1.516M on its 5pm airing.. is it a sign Nick's lineup is begin to fade due to oversaturation?

And meanwhile, Nick Jr.'s on a roll--PAW Patrol continues to get big numbers for a pre-school show, and the Nick Jr. unit is the only thing keeping Nick afloat basically due to the main network's inability to find anything other than Spongebob, ALVIN!! and bad kidcoms to air..

March 19th
Power Rangers Dino Super Charge: 1,497,000 (0.34)
Henry Danger: 2,023,000 (0.39)
School of Rock: 1,682,000 (0.31)
Bella and the Bulldogs: 1,463,000 (0.28)
March 20th
Barbie Spy Squad (Special): 1,487,000 (0.32)
Nick Jr.
Winx Club 10:00 am: 359,000 (0.08)
10:30 am: 368,000 (0.07)
Nicktoons
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V: 199,000 (0.05)
LBX: 165,000 (0.05)

Last edited:
More concerning is the dropoff for School of Rock after Henry Danger.. if it continues, it's not good for the show's future.. especially considering how much it cost to produce and a limited 12 episode run..

Bella's still hovering around its usual numbers for Season 2.. which guarantees that Nick will be cancelling it after this season, as its numbers are down from Season 1..

qadleez

More concerning is the dropoff for School of Rock after Henry Danger.. if it continues, it's not good for the show's future.. especially considering how much it cost to produce and a limited 12 episode run..

Bella's still hovering around its usual numbers for Season 2.. which guarantees that Nick will be cancelling it after this season, as its numbers are down from Season 1..
Even power rangers got higher ratings than bella and the bulldogs

Great numbers for Henry Danger! It beat out BOTH Disney's Friday and Sunday premieres.

Bella and the Bulldogs is definitely done after season 2. Nick didn't even promote last Saturday's episode at all. They said all new Henry Danger/School of Rock. Bulldogs was ignored like it didn't exist.

School of Rock is not off to good start. Like Kanc said, if this continues and drops even further I don't see a season 2 in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts