New "Daredevil Versus Spider-Man" DVD Coming February 2003!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A new Spider-Man TAS DVD is coming out February 11th 2003 called Daredevil Versus Spider-Man! Thoughts?

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
This is excellent news! I'm a sucker for the Spider-Man disks that Disney has been releasing and think that this could prove to be an excellent set. The two part "Traitor" episodes would be great to have on DVD and I think that Disney will continue with continuity - perhaps giving us the next two or three episodes following this arc. Now if we could only get Disney to include DD's Fantastic Four appearance or start production on the once rumored DareDevil animated series.

-Joe!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I would love to see that! But, I have a gut feeling we'll have a couple Kingpin episodes thrown in there to give the disk four full episodes. The thing is...there's no 1960's Spider-Man episode featuring Daredevil. Maybe we'll get something from the 80's cartoon...if Daredevil was ever in those discs.

And ya know, I bet when X2 comes out, we may get those two MUTANT AGENDA episodes on disc...although that'll be faulty since they're part of a larger arc.

EroSennin

The Frog Hermit
Anyone know when the second disk is coming out? I checked on Amazon but their not listing it.

Joe Wagner

Originally posted by Jim Harvey

And ya know, I bet when X2 comes out, we may get those two MUTANT AGENDA episodes on disc...although that'll be faulty since they're part of a larger arc.

I was just thinking the same thing.....man, Universal really needs to get to work on some more X-Men discs - granted the packaging wasn't the greatest but it sure as heck beats my old VHS copies.

-Joe!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by DocTerror
Anyone know when the second disk is coming out? I checked on Amazon but their not listing it.

The second Spidey disc is due October 29th - three days before the 'Spider-Man' movie DVD comes out. What great timing...:)

joshualane

I want some pie
Here's what BV has on their site for what Radio Ad's should contain:

New to DVD and VIDEO February 18th - Daredevil VS Spider-Man. Don't miss All the spectacular ACTION as TWO SUPERHEROES COLLIDE!

Spider-Man meets his match as he faces Daredevil in an ALL-OUT FIGHT FOR JUSTICE. You'll discover the origin of Daredevil, "THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR," and learn his connection with New York City's greatest villain, Kingpin.

Capture all the thrills of this AMAZING animated adventure. Daredevil VS Spider-Man - Avaliable February 18th for the first time on DVD and VIDEO.

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
i just can't help but feel that disney will NEVER release season sets or even episode order.

Joe Wagner

Originally posted by oranthal
i just can't help but feel that disney will NEVER release season sets or even episode order.

Actually the first disc they released was in sequential order - collecting parts 2-6 of the "Sins of the Fathers" storyline. While they didn't begin with the premiere episodes I have hope that they will continue to release the DVD's in the order which they originally aired - even if they pick different areas for each disc.

-Joe!

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm thinking that the disc will include the foolowing episodes

1. Framed
2. The man without Fear
3. The Ultimate Slayer
4. Tombstone

And I was so close to getting the 2 part Carnage story on DVD! DAMN! Hopefully they'll release the other on DVD. I still think they messed up by not putting the Blade story arcs on DVD.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by The Red Bird
And I was so close to getting the 2 part Carnage story on DVD! DAMN! Hopefully they'll release the other on DVD. I still think they messed up by not putting the Blade story arcs on DVD.

The reason why didn't release a 'Spider-Man/Blade' DVD was becuase the Blade movies were Rated 'R', and Disney can't tie in a cartoon, meant for children, into a movie meant for adults. Believe it or not, they could get sued for something like that, along the lines of false or misdirective advertisement.

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The reason why didn't release a 'Spider-Man/Blade' DVD was becuase the Blade movies were Rated 'R', and Disney can't tie in a cartoon, meant for children, into a movie meant for adults. Believe it or not, they could get sued for something like that, along the lines of false or misdirective advertisement.

SICKENING!
Anyways I've started a "what Spidey do you want on DVD thread" on the DVD talkbacks. There better not be some stupid law that stops them putting Carnage on DVD.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by The Red Bird
SICKENING!
Anyways I've started a "what Spidey do you want on DVD thread" on the DVD talkbacks. There better not be some stupid law that stops them putting Carnage on DVD.

Actually it makes sense to me for Disney not to cash in on Blade 2. This might prompt little 9 years olds to try and purchase Blade 2, which leads to complaints from the parents to New Line and Disney, which is never a good thing.

And unless Carnage is gonna star in an 'R' movie, I'm sure he's safe.

Spider-Man

I read somes that business can get in trouble for marketing adult material to minors. The Blade movies are definite adult material, so it makes sense that the children-driven Disney would not try to cash in.

Joe Wagner

If Disney doesn't want to be involved with Blade could this hamper the release of these episodes? I'm actually surprised that they didn't try to release a special Halloween disc featuring the Blade episodes. Perhaps they weren't thinking about a Spider-Man vs the Vampires disc.

-Joe!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I doubt it will. We'll just never see an animated tie in to the Blade movies from Disney. I'm sure we'll see these eps on DVD eventually...hopefully. I just want Disney to do a bit better job releasing these...

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
We'll just never see an animated tie in to the Blade movies from Disney. I'm sure we'll see these eps on DVD eventually...hopefully. I just want Disney to do a bit better job releasing these...

One way would just be a random team up DVD. It could feature the episodes
Dr Strange (guess who was in that)
Venom Returns (War Machine)
Carnage (Iron Man)
Mutant Agenda (X-men)
Mutants Revenge (X-men part 2)
Blade the Vampire Hunter (Do I have to spell it out to you?)
The Immortal Vampire (continued from previous episode)
The Vampire Queen (the one about Blades mum)
And a bunch of Black Cat ones.
The JL.. I mean 6 forgotten warriors could easliy be released on its own
Secret Wars could be released along with the 2 part clone story (A clone! Run for it!!). I actually liked Ben if no one else did.

Spider-Man

I'd like to see The Secret Wars and The Spider Wars done as one disc. There is a problem though, becuase I think the Secret Wars begin instantly with Madame Web transporting Spider-Man away. By that I mean the episode opens with his in that portal thing she does. Or maybe that is how Spider Wars starts. I'm pretty sure that how is starts, but I haven't watched my VHS's in ages. Disney could easily put these five episodes togethor as a continuous movie, just like 'Six Forgotten Warriors'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney release some team up DVDs. I'd really like to see season compilations, but if Disney continues to release episodes in production order...then I'm not sure if we have anything to complain about.

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
No special features have been announced yet so we could get the episode of Spider-man and his Amazing Friends that featured a rather crap looking Daredevil
DD 80's

Last edited by a moderator:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't think there's anything besides the new Spidey shows they can add on that feature Daredevil. It'll beneat to have a whole disc dedicated to Daedevil...but can it work?

Maybe they'll include those episodes from Fantasic Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts