MeTV Toons Network to Launch as a Collaboration Between Weigel Broadcasting and Warner. Bros Discovery - Launching on June 25th

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
A UK DVD release (of Zazoo U.) under Jetix, which means the show is owned by Disney, which means it has about as much of a chance as a snowball in the underworld. Disney doesn’t like to share their toys with the other kids.
Yeah, don't expect anything from Fox Kids to turn up on this channel; Disney owns Fox and they're currently keeping all things Fox Kids locked away in their basement for whatever reason. Droopy, Master Detective slipped past the Mouse's fingers since Droopy and the other MGM characters are property of Warner Brothers (so it's possible Tom & Jerry Kids could turn up on MeTV Toons as well).

I didn't see Taz-Mania; I only saw Taz, who's a Looney Tune. Since WBD is one of the main companies behind this, no problem getting the Looney Tunes.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Taz-Mania has recently aired on Boomerang for the first time, though it got removed last weekend. One problem with airing it though is the intro has really bad flashing red lights. Boomerang had to air it with epilepsy warnings. The art style of the Taz icon looked more like how he is drawn in Taz-Mania compared to the classic shorts. I have also seen people doubting if Duck Dodgers will air, since technically they could just mean old Duck Dodgers shorts. They have so much of the WB library (including 2000s shows like Xiaolin Showdown, Krypto and Baby Looney Tunes) that I think both series will appear.

The Disney issue with Zazoo U is a problem, along with the general obscurity of the show. I thought it might not be outright owned by them since it was based on some kids books, but going by the DVDs, they got it during the Saban buyout. There have been some occasions of Disney content airing on TCM, though I don’t know that they will be interested in licensing here even if several other studios are involved.

Last edited:

DocForbin

Figured I'd chime in on my two cents in regard to MeTV Toons.

First off, I don't know if they'll have it in my neck of the woods yet, though it might be because of a rather unusual situation that happened recently. The My TV affiliate where I am recently decided to dump The Grio and put Catchy Comedy in its place, which means there are now two channels in my area that have Catchy Comedy. I don't think this will last long and perhaps they're biding their time until MeTV Toons officially launches on June 25.

What I would like to see on there are perhaps some themed blocks a/la/Catchy Comedy and Decades. Maybe have a block of action/adventure shows like He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (which MeTV had aired back in the day), She-Ra: Princess of Power, ThunderCats and SilverHawks. There could be another block for old school anime like Speed Racer, Astro Boy, Gigantor, Star Blazers and Robotech. Perhaps they could also have weekend binges like Catchy Comedy recently did with Looney Tunes. If they don't go the weekend binge route perhaps they could devote either Saturday night or Sunday night to a full-length animated movie a/la/Svengoolie. What would really please me is perhaps show an anime movie like Vampire Hunter D and Project A-ko like the Sci-Fi Channel (I REFUSE to use their stupid current name SyFy) did on Saturday mornings back in the 1990s and early 2000s.

These are going to be rather interesting times for old school animation fans, that's for sure. :)

Last edited:

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
Tyler The Antenna Man will be posting an interview with Weigel Broadcasting's Neal Sabin about MeTV Toons later today on his YouTube Channel. https://youtube.com/@AntennaMan?si=btlOC5nDax0qNjnq
1000008379.png

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I have also seen people doubting if Duck Dodgers will air, since technically they could just mean old Duck Dodgers shorts.
Just for the record, there were only 2 Duck Dodgers shorts. "Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century" (1953) and its sequel, "Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24th 1/2 Century" (1983). There are 3 if one counts "Marvin the Martian in the Third Dimension" (1986).

Zorak Masaki said:
I also hope the Flintstones isnt just the original series, that they include the spinoffs, specials (we know the Christmas special is included) and Flintstones Kids as well.

That remains to be seen. Presently, only the original series is streaming on Max.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Wow. This does seem amazing to those in the major urban areas getting this. Hoping this gets a streaming area for rural cartoon fans like me. Lots of shows on there appear to be not streaming anywhere and would make them more easily accessible.

Pooky

Staff member
I don't want to focus on what's *not* on here, but one character conspicuous by their absence (at least to me, and unless I missed him) is Quick Draw McGraw. The Quick Draw McGraw Show famously didn't get any DVD releases, at least in part, because the library music cue used in the early episodes suddenly got very expensive.

Moe

Yeah, I know anime show like Speed Racer and 80s show like Inspector Gadget are coming as well.

Zorak Masaki

Not sure if they could get the rights from CN, but Toon Heads would fit perfectly on this channel. Heck, since they have cartoons from other studios like Bullwinkle, they could make new episodes on the history of those cartoons as well.

harry580

I wonder if they have plan to add other series to the network, I saw a image that contains a character from mask the animated series so he coming here as well, or the channel will have blocks themed to 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
MeTV Announces Toons Network, A Free Channel Dedicated To Classic Animation i know, cartoon brew, ew, but some interesting stuff
  • terrytoons will be on the channel
  • original interstitials will include “cartoon college” (basically a short-form toonheads, focusing on facts surrounding the cartoons and their creators) and “quick schticks” (showcasing the most iconic moments of characters)
  • the saturday morning cartoon block on metv outperformed friends on nick@nite, law and order on usa, and seinfeld and the office on comedy central in the 25-54 age demographic

aegisrawks

MeTV Announces Toons Network, A Free Channel Dedicated To Classic Animation i know, cartoon brew, ew, but some interesting stuff
  • terrytoons will be on the channel
  • original interstitials will include “cartoon college” (basically a short-form toonheads, focusing on facts surrounding the cartoons and their creators) and “quick schticks” (showcasing the most iconic moments of characters)
  • the saturday morning cartoon block on metv outperformed friends on nick@nite, law and order on usa, and seinfeld and the office on comedy central in the 25-54 age demographic
Cartoon Brew FINALLY shows why they are still around.

Pooky

Staff member
Most Terrytoons out there right now are in pretty rough shape, and never an official DVD or Blu-Ray release outside of three Mighty Mouse cartoons as a bonus on the set for the 87 series, if true this is *very* good news.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Here it is!

ALL ABOARD TO THE HYPE TRAIN!!! LET’S GO!!!
There’s also going to be a Ghostbusters show (most likely The Real Ghostbusters), Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (I heard), Punkin Puss and Mushmouse, movies, and a late night block of Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation series

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
There’s also going to be a Ghostbusters show (most likely The Real Ghostbusters), Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (I heard), Punkin Puss and Mushmouse, movies, and a late night block of Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation series
I heard Pixie and Dixie might be possible too

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts