"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

DocForbin

Figured I'd chime in on my two cents in regard to MeTV Toons.

First off, I don't know if they'll have it in my neck of the woods yet, though it might be because of a rather unusual situation that happened recently. The My TV affiliate where I am recently decided to dump The Grio and put Catchy Comedy in its place, which means there are now two channels in my area that have Catchy Comedy. I don't think this will last long and perhaps they're biding their time until MeTV Toons officially launches on June 25.

What I would like to see on there are perhaps some themed blocks a/la/Catchy Comedy and Decades. Maybe have a block of action/adventure shows like He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (which MeTV had aired back in the day), She-Ra: Princess of Power, ThunderCats and SilverHawks. There could be another block for old school anime like Speed Racer, Astro Boy, Gigantor, Star Blazers and Robotech. Perhaps they could also have weekend binges like Catchy Comedy recently did with Looney Tunes. If they don't go the weekend binge route perhaps they could devote either Saturday night or Sunday night to a full-length animated movie a/la/Svengoolie. What would really please me is perhaps show an anime movie like Vampire Hunter D and Project A-ko like the Sci-Fi Channel (I REFUSE to use their stupid current name SyFy) did on Saturday mornings back in the 1990s and early 2000s.

These are going to be rather interesting times for old school animation fans, that's for sure. :)

Last edited:

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
Tyler The Antenna Man will be posting an interview with Weigel Broadcasting's Neal Sabin about MeTV Toons later today on his YouTube Channel. https://youtube.com/@AntennaMan?si=btlOC5nDax0qNjnq
1000008379.png

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I have also seen people doubting if Duck Dodgers will air, since technically they could just mean old Duck Dodgers shorts.
Just for the record, there were only 2 Duck Dodgers shorts. "Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century" (1953) and its sequel, "Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24th 1/2 Century" (1983). There are 3 if one counts "Marvin the Martian in the Third Dimension" (1986).

Zorak Masaki said:
I also hope the Flintstones isnt just the original series, that they include the spinoffs, specials (we know the Christmas special is included) and Flintstones Kids as well.

That remains to be seen. Presently, only the original series is streaming on Max.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Wow. This does seem amazing to those in the major urban areas getting this. Hoping this gets a streaming area for rural cartoon fans like me. Lots of shows on there appear to be not streaming anywhere and would make them more easily accessible.

Pooky

Staff member
I don't want to focus on what's *not* on here, but one character conspicuous by their absence (at least to me, and unless I missed him) is Quick Draw McGraw. The Quick Draw McGraw Show famously didn't get any DVD releases, at least in part, because the library music cue used in the early episodes suddenly got very expensive.

Zorak Masaki

Not sure if they could get the rights from CN, but Toon Heads would fit perfectly on this channel. Heck, since they have cartoons from other studios like Bullwinkle, they could make new episodes on the history of those cartoons as well.

harry580

I wonder if they have plan to add other series to the network, I saw a image that contains a character from mask the animated series so he coming here as well, or the channel will have blocks themed to 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
MeTV Announces Toons Network, A Free Channel Dedicated To Classic Animation i know, cartoon brew, ew, but some interesting stuff
  • terrytoons will be on the channel
  • original interstitials will include “cartoon college” (basically a short-form toonheads, focusing on facts surrounding the cartoons and their creators) and “quick schticks” (showcasing the most iconic moments of characters)
  • the saturday morning cartoon block on metv outperformed friends on nick@nite, law and order on usa, and seinfeld and the office on comedy central in the 25-54 age demographic

aegisrawks

MeTV Announces Toons Network, A Free Channel Dedicated To Classic Animation i know, cartoon brew, ew, but some interesting stuff
  • terrytoons will be on the channel
  • original interstitials will include “cartoon college” (basically a short-form toonheads, focusing on facts surrounding the cartoons and their creators) and “quick schticks” (showcasing the most iconic moments of characters)
  • the saturday morning cartoon block on metv outperformed friends on nick@nite, law and order on usa, and seinfeld and the office on comedy central in the 25-54 age demographic
Cartoon Brew FINALLY shows why they are still around.

Pooky

Staff member
Most Terrytoons out there right now are in pretty rough shape, and never an official DVD or Blu-Ray release outside of three Mighty Mouse cartoons as a bonus on the set for the 87 series, if true this is *very* good news.

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
There’s also going to be a Ghostbusters show (most likely The Real Ghostbusters), Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (I heard), Punkin Puss and Mushmouse, movies, and a late night block of Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation series
I heard Pixie and Dixie might be possible too

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I do want to mention during the Catchy Comedy Looney Tunes marathon they did show some newer shorts so that might not be out of the possibility either.
I wonder if it will repeat Toon in with Me or they'll make more hosted blocks, that'd be fun to have some of that. Makes me wonder if MeTV+ drops their toon programming then too. (not the main METV the extra one)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!

Featured Posts