"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Troodon

Three characters the show apparently completely forgot about after their first appearance :sweat:.

Yeah, I do hope season two does something with them; I can honestly see some form of reformation for Keemia in particular.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I do hope season two does something with them; I can honestly see some form of reformation for Keemia in particular.
Yeah, you'd think we would have seen Spider-Man more determined to find Sandgirl after she got away after "killing" her father, or Herman's reaction to Oz Academy getting blown up, but I guess they just couldn't fit in any more appearances for them...

Although it might be harder to get Sofia Carson and Cameron Boyce back now that they'll probably be busy filming Descendants 3 :sweat:.

Troy Troodon

Yeah, you'd think we would have seen Spider-Man more determined to find Sandgirl after she got away after "killing" her father, or Herman's reaction to Oz Academy getting blown up, but I guess they just couldn't fit in any more appearances for them...

They could have done that had they saved the Spider-Island story for the second season...

Although it might be harder to get Sofia Carson and Cameron Boyce back now that they'll probably be busy filming Descendants 3 :sweat:.

Well there's always good old voice over talent on stand by; and given the fair number of anime VA's we have in this series thus far I can easily see Bryce Papenbrook taking Camero's place, and either Cristina Valenzuela or Ashly Burch in place of Sofia.

Frontier

Staff member
Well there's always good old voice over talent on stand by; and given the fair number of anime VA's we have in this series thus far I can easily see Bryce Papenbrook and Cristina Valenzuela taking their place.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing both in the cast of a Marvel cartoon ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I could see Ashlyn Selich as the new voice of Sandgirl, helped by how she's already voiced an iconic DC character (Batgirl on Lego DC Superhero Girls) and has been in a Disney show (Stella on Doc McStuffins)

As for Herman, I'm thinking Max Mittleman can do double duty as him and Harry Osborn.

Frontier

Staff member
I think if they were in any rush to recast those characters they probably would've popped up again before the first season had ended.

Although this did remind me of how Ultimate Spider-Man had characters voiced by TV stars or bigger names either inexplicably drop out of the show (Coulson, Jonah) or just get re-cast (Dr. Strange).

Even Chi McBride's Fury appeared less and less each subsequent season.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I think if they were in any rush to recast those characters they probably would've popped up again before the first season had ended.

Although this did remind me of how Ultimate Spider-Man had characters voiced by TV stars or bigger names either inexplicably drop out of the show (Coulson, Jonah) or just get re-cast (Dr. Strange).

Even Chi McBride's Fury appeared less and less each subsequent season.
Well, Drake Bell still stayed as SpiderMan on that show even when dealing with other projects (the live action Fairly OddParents movies, and his appearance on that Grandfathered show Josh Peck was on).

Troy Troodon

Well, Drake Bell still stayed as SpiderMan on that show even when dealing with other projects (the live action Fairly OddParents movies, and his appearance on that Grandfathered show Josh Peck was on).

Minor projects really, considering his bankruptcy he makes time to earn however much he can nowadays.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
You know, I wanna see Sean Schemmel voice Eddie Brock/Venom in Season 2. I mean the guy appeared before in the first season. Would be great if he got a Bigger role in the form of our favorite bad Symbiote.

Plus for hilarity, it would be Tuxedo Mask vs Goku.

Frontier

Staff member
You know, I wanna see Sean Schemmel voice Eddie Brock/Venom in Season 2. I mean the guy appeared before in the first season. Would be great if he got a Bigger role in the form of our favorite bad Symbiote.

Plus for hilarity, it would be Tuxedo Mask vs Goku.
I thought it was weird that Schemmel was cast in a random, one-off role, of someone who wasn't even from the comics but this is also the same show that had Yuri Lownethal voice the Lizard even if Connors didn't end up doing too much...

But I'd be very surprised if we see Eddie show up at this point. The show seems to be running by the same logic Ultimate Spider-Man did of Venom being more of the Symbiote then the host :shrug:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I thought it was weird that Schemmel was cast in a random, one-off role, of someone who wasn't even from the comics but this is also the same show that had Yuri Lownethal voice the Lizard even if Connors didn't end up doing too much...

I'd say Sean's Casting is probably due to how he worked with Colette Sunderman (the co-voice director) on two of the other projects she's worked on (Lego Scooby Doo: Knight Time Terror and DC Superhero Girls: Hero Of The Year), and he was cast more out of convenience. To be fair, he did a good job with the material given.

It reminds me of "The Amulet And The Anthem" from Sofia The First, which had both Roger Craig Smith and Julie Nathanson on it, though it was with the latter reprising the role of Belle, who played a major role despite being a cameo, while the former voiced a one off character simply because he worked with voice director Sam Riegel before on various anime. Coincidentally, Sean has done semi recurring voice work for Sofia

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Kelly Cao, a storyboard revisionst on the show, tweeted her last day working on Marvel's Spider-Man.

She also said she'll be moving on to work on Marvel Rising.

thisguyisnotcool

I wonder when season two will premiere. I originally thought it was coming out around Spider-Man Homecoming 2 but I I realized that comes out out next year. :p

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder when season two will premiere. I originally thought it was coming out around Spider-Man Homecoming 2 but I I realized that comes out out next year. :p
I'm curious about that too.

Right now we've got Guardians: Mission Breakout coming up so I imagine we'll get several episodes of that, but I think Marvel is likely to rush out Avengers: Black Panther's Quest to tie-in to the movie before we get season 2 of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts