"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,242 6
A Valid Location
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.

Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,772 47
Sherman Oaks CA
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.
I agree. That seems the most likely scenario :).
Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p
It's cool to see J.M. DeMatteis writing Spider-Man again, just this time in animated form :D.

I have to assume that this interview was taken a while ago, since I imagine the writing and production for season 2 is pretty much finished by now, and Marvel's Spider-Man is presumed to be ending along with the other Marvel cartoons :ack:.

Not that I would put it past Marvel to be moving on to yet another Spider-Man cartoon :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,772 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Interestingly enough, DeMatteis mentioned the interview was done in February...
Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?
He worked on the 90s Spidey cartoon as well, briefly. He's in the credits for the first part of the X-Men cross-over, "The Mutant Agenda".
Though definitely not as consistent as his DC work ;).

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,548 10
Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?
I think it's possible that there may been a mass of new talent and management (*cough*Disney*cough*) coming in around late-January or February.

Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Should I come back honestly? I don't think anybody missed me, but idk.
DC Superhero Girls, Infinite Train, Victor & Valentino, Thundercats Roar, Care Bears: Unlock The Magic, High Guardian Spice, Owl House, Amphibia, The Steven Universe Movie, She-Ra S2 and on, MLP S9/New Equestria Girls Specials, Rescue Bots Academy, Season 2 of Craig of the Creek, New OK KO Let's Be Heroes,etc. So much awesome animated content coming in 2019 it's crazy!! Its a great time to be a fan of animation!!
https://youtu.be/OGaZr1-0O7o Hey if Wolverine can be rated-R, and if Harley Quinn can get an R-rated animated series, plus if John Bloddy Constantine can be in Justice League Action, I can't see why Deadpool can't be PG-13.
>Voltron's final season
>Spiderverse hits theaters
>end of finals week

Friday can't come soon enough.