Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Saving Captain Rogers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD! Who can save Captain Rogers from Zemo's schemes?

E3aZQQR.png
Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Saving Captain Rogers"
Episode Debut - March 27th, 2016
Directed by: Phil Pignotti
Written by: Mairghread Scott

Captain America battles to rescue Bucky who has been captured by Baron Zemo.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Troy Troodon

Okay, now this was a much better episode! It still had problems sure, but as is, it's much better written and the animation is somewhat improved.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I thought this was a great episode, one of the best from this show. I liked how they didn't try to fit all the characters into the story and instead focused on only three. Of course, as the title shows, Captain America was put in the spotlight and I for one wasn't disappointed. Baron Zemo's scheme of having Cap hypnotized into believing he's back in 1944 and fighting alongside his pal Bucky, only to find his way through the castle was pretty well though out. Another neat twist was how Helmut was an old man, rejuvenated thanks to his father's version of the Super Soldier Serum.

The team-up between Iron Man and Black Widow was pretty nice. It was fun seeing the two try and save their friend and comprehend what was going on. The fight scenes were good, though I didn't find them as entertaining as the ones in the last couple of episodes have been. The black and white scenes were great though, they looked pretty cool and the team-up between Cap and Bucky kind of over-shadowed the other two heroes' team-up as far as I'm concerned. Good ending too, with Cap realizing it's all a dream and Bucky sacrificing himself to save his best friend's life. Plus, Cap showing how some of the Hulk's and Iron Man's personalities have rubbed off on him over the years provided some fun scenes.

The character interactions worked for the most part, and I didn't think the dialogue was that bad this time. It was nice seeing Iron Man and Widow work together in a friendlier way compared to the tension between the two in the previous episode. Granted that tension was pretty much called for during the Ultron arc, but I think seeing team-mates actually get along without making them act too childish or annoying is a good thing. I hope to see more stuff like this for the other members of the team as well, as the season progresses.

The final battle with Zemo was pretty great, some neat choreography and I liked how they showed Cap trying to save the villain. I thought it was kind of predictable Zemo would fall trying to get the last vial of the Super Soldier Serum, but I doubt we have seen the last of him, so not all is lost. The way the heroes celebrated this little victory was also great, and a nice way to end the episode. All things considered, this was one of the better stories and a good enough introduction to Zemo into this new continuity.

RoryWilliams

Definitely one of the strongest episodes to date. I really liked it.

- Yay! Three seasons in and we finally get some acknowledgement of Peggy Carter.

- As I guessed on the main thread for the show, they did explain how Zemo could look young despite being the son of a WW2 veteran. I thought having him be an old man first was a nice way of compensating for the fact that when he was created in the 70's, it was still reasonable for someone alive in the 1940's to have a son who was in his 20's or early 30's.

- I wonder was this meant to imply that Zemo was the one who injected Bucky with the serum that allowed him to survive?

- It did amuse me that the exposition dump from Cap referred to Zemo as "The HYDRA scientist" when that's what Red Skull was in the MCU (since they made him into a composite character).

- Was David Kaye the voice of both Zemos?

- Focusing on a smaller group of Avengers definitely made or a more coherent and character-driven episode than usual.

- Minor nerdy point, but I appreciated that they gave helmet opaque lenses on his mask, while still maintaining Henreich's visible eyes on his, which is how they're respectively drawn in the comics.

- Positioning Zemo Jr. as sort of a dark reflection of Captain America was a very good narrative choice.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I thought this was a really great episode, and definitely one of the best Assemble episodes yet. Some awesome action and fight scenes, a solid debut of a great and iconic Cap and Avengers villain, good character moments, and some nice humor moments. Here's hoping Ultron Revolution can maintain this quality going forward ;).

I was expecting we'd see Winter Soldier make a return in this episode but seeing Cap and Bucky together on a mission in WWII, in-spite of it being all just an illusion in Cap's head, was just as good if not better. Seeing Captain America and Bucky busting Hydra heads and backing each other up is always really fun to watch, and it was certainly no different here :D.

It was also interesting to see Cap's time in the present effect how he acted in the illusion, from references to his fellow Avengers, to how he acted so overprotective around Bucky because he still obviously feels responsible for what happened to him with the Winter Soldier. And it all culminated in a cool scene of Bucky, as Cap's subconscious or will fighting back against Zemo's mind games, helping Cap break free so he can fight Zemo. Just some really good stuff there :proud:.

And apparently Robbie Daymond was the voice of Bucky in those flashbacks (and maybe the new Winter Soldier voice?), which means Tuxedo Mask is now the voice of Bucky :anime:.

I'm also going to echo other opinions in saying the limited Avengers cast in this episode really worked to this episodes benefit, feeling more personal and focused compared to when the whole team is together, and seeing Black Widow and Iron Man play off each other was neat. It reminded me of that episode in Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Hawkeye, Cap, and Black Panther went after Hydra with some help from Mockingbird.

Y'know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think Assemble might be a able to do a more emotionally engaging Civil War then the movie, at least on the Steve/Tony front. Most of the series has been dedicated to the ideological differences between Steve and Tony and how the two work with or around that, and how close they are in-spite of it. Even their split in season 2 ultimately concluded with a kind of realization that, to be at their best, the Avengers need Cap and Iron Man to work together and trust one another. Here we had Tony talking about how Cap's his pal and showing how much he cares about Steve :).

Without Rhodey, Cap's the closest thing Tony has to a best friend on this show. Contrast that to their generally antagonistic or conflicting relationship in the movies prior to Civil War. So there's a lot of drama they can mine for the Civil War conflict between those two as they find themselves divided by a big conflict, or whatever the Civil War divide ends up being about, if they so choose to do so :ack:.

Pretty great introduction for Baron Zemo in this episode, establishing the Zemo legacy with illusionary WWII flashbacks to Heinrich, while Helmut proves himself a worthy adversary and villain in the present by managing to accomplish his goals and demonstrating just how fierce a fighter he is with the added bonus of a Super Soldier Serum :eek:.

With his reinvigorated body, cane-sword, and blasters he was able to really put Iron Man and Widow on the ropes, and even gave Cap a tough challenge once he joined the fight, showcasing his exemplary combat skills and tactics in-spite of having no real powers outside what Heinrich's brand of Super-Soldier Serum gave him. David Kaye also gave a solid performance as Zemo, conveying his intelligence, conviction, and personality quite well on-top of a serviceable German accent. Earth's Mightiest heroes and Robert Atkin Downes set a high bar for the character in my mind, and I'm happy to say I think Assemble Baron Zemo is so far living up to it :cool:.

I wonder where Zemo got those Hydra goons who he injected with his version of the formula? Did his fathers position in the original Hydra give him some clout with the group which allowed him some access to their troops? Is there a Zemo faction in Hydra, maybe separate from the Red Skull and Zola faction? Has Helmut had an executive position in the organization, afforded by his family name, this whole time and this is the first we've learned about it o_O?

I'm starting to think the Tron lines and new weaponry are the best thing to happen to Widow on this show, aside from the increased screen-time, given she's yet to demonstrate the random bouts of super-strength she had in season 2 :sweat:.

Nice to see Ant-man make a cameo in that group picture at the end.

Hawkeye Screw-up counter
: Granted he wasn't in the episode, so there's no way of telling what Clint was doing while Tony, Widow, and Cap were off on their adventure, but I can bet he was probably doing something obnoxious :p.

- Yay! Three seasons in and we finally get some acknowledgement of Peggy Carter.
Yeah, I really loved seeing Peggy's picture among Cap's things. I was hoping we'd see her during the flashback portion as well, but there were obvious reasons why Bucky was the only one there with Cap.

- As I guessed on the main thread for the show, they did explain how Zemo could look young despite being the son of a WW2 veteran. I thought having him be an old man first was a nice way of compensating for the fact that when he was created in the 70's, it was still reasonable for someone alive in the 1940's to have a son who was in his 20's or early 30's.
I remember we were all wondering how that was going to go down, so it was nice to see them address Zemo's age in a way that made sense within the show's timeframe. Though with the bald look outside his mask, he kinda reminded me of Baron Strucker.

- I wonder was this meant to imply that Zemo was the one who injected Bucky with the serum that allowed him to survive?
That's an interesting thought...maybe something the Skull commissioned Zemo to do, given his involvement in the cartoons of turning Bucky into the Winter Soldier?

- It did amuse me that the exposition dump from Cap referred to Zemo as "The HYDRA scientist" when that's what Red Skull was in the MCU (since they made him into a composite character).
Yeah, wasn't Hydra the scientist branch of the Nazi's in the MCU and Skull was the head of it?

I guess now, in the context of the cartoons, Skull was a high-ranking Hydra official who was specifically designed to be Cap's opposite number (or the other way around). I don't think they've ever even clarified whether Skull has some version of the Super Soldier Serum in him here like in the MCU.

- Was David Kaye the voice of both Zemos?
Yep.

spyke

IMO, this was the best episode of AA to date. I really liked that they focused on only a few characters in this episode instead of having the whole team appear (like they did for most of the previous episodes). Great episode. Nuff said.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A few more thoughts about the episode:

- Iron Man mentioned running into Cap's old pal Crossbones at the start of the episode. We don't get to see him this time, though he was featured briefly back in Season One's "In Deep", where Cap similarly took him out off-screen and then impersonated him for the rest of the episode, trying to infiltrate Red Skull's Cabal.

- The photo of Peggy Carter in Cap's room was a very nice and welcome surprise. It would have been great if there was also at least a mention of her by name, during Cap's dream sequences but it's a start. Who knows, maybe they're trying to build up to something more important concerning her later on.

- Black Widow mentioned Zemo was "one of Cap's lower-level baddies". Personally I always thought he was one of his most well-known enemies, other than Red Skull. This description here does kind of help explain why this is the first time they Avengers encounter him after so many episodes.

- I liked how they used both the classic design for Heinrich Zemo (the old school mask, that fur around his neck) and a more modern design for Helmut, which stays true to the original while also being updated for a new era. David Kaye did a great job voicing both Zemos, no surprise there.

- That photo of the Avengers (including Ant-Man) shown in Cap's room at the end of the episode seems to be from last season's episode "The New Guy", when they confronted Red Skull.

Dustellar

In my opinión... Zemo was always the best Cap villain, far superior to Red Skull... but well, that's my opinión, but if they adapt well "Under Siege"... that photo of Peggy and all his memories will be destroyed :)

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Zemo was so cool and competent, hope to see him again. He was like a more effective Nighthawk/Red Skull combo.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I forgot all about this, but Zemo actually had a brief cameo on Ultimate Spider-Man last year, in the "SHIELD Academy" episode. He was seen in a photograph fighting the Whizzer during WWII.

WOTYIJv.png

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Liked that we got a new faithful version of Baron Zemo, and it was Helmut Zemo, Henreich's son. I'm surprised Captain America tried to save him at the end, but I guess that's the type of guy Cap is. Especially after he kidnapped and tried to brainwash him.

Then again, I don't mind heroes trying to be selfishly heroic and naive sometimes, especially after watching Batman v Superman.

FYI,

Good job by David Kaye as the new Baron Zemo.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts