"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Sounds like Urich is finding a connection between all the crime in Hell's Kitchen and he's zeroing in on Fisk as the center of the epidemic.

At around the 1:25 mark, DD is fighting I think a ninja in red?
It's a little hard to make out, but it definitely could be. And ninja in red = Hand, so it looks like Daredevil will be introducing them to the MCU to a certain extent. Maybe the episode dealing with the Hand will also feature Stick's first appearance in the present day story? Though I'm also definitely expecting at least allusions to Elektra :).

Y'know, I just realized, with Spidey now able to appear in the MCU, that also means that the Netflix shows might have access to his mob villains (Big Man, Hammerhead, Tombstone, the Enforcers, Silvermane, etc.). We could start seeing them pop up in season 2/Phase 2 of the Netflix, and I imagine that it might also cover more of Spider-Man's effect and presence on the street and in the MCU now that he's debuted and fighting crime :cool:.

I wonder if we'll see Ben move to the Daily Bugle for season 2 of Daredevil or wherever he pops up next?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's a little hard to make out, but it definitely could be. And ninja in red = Hand, so it looks like Daredevil will be introducing them to the MCU to a certain extent. Maybe the episode dealing with the Hand will also feature Stick's first appearance in the present day story? Though I'm also definitely expecting at least allusions to Elektra :).
My memory of the Hand is fuzzy, wasn't their main color red anyway?

Y'know, I just realized, with Spidey now able to appear in the MCU, that also means that the Netflix shows might have access to his mob villains (Big Man, Hammerhead, Tombstone, the Enforcers, Silvermane, etc.). We could start seeing them pop up in season 2/Phase 2 of the Netflix, and I imagine that it might also cover more of Spider-Man's effect and presence on the street and in the MCU now that he's debuted and fighting crime :cool:.

I wonder if we'll see Ben move to the Daily Bugle for season 2 of Daredevil or wherever he pops up next?
True, they could expand on hierarchy of the mob in NYC in Netflix season 2.

Frontier

Staff member
My memory of the Hand is fuzzy, wasn't their main color red anyway?
Yep :).

True, they could expand on hierarchy of the mob in NYC in Netflix season 2.
Definitely. I could even see Spidey's mob villains spread throughout the various Netflix shows to maybe set them up, or at least we might see a few tussle with Daredevil (he and DD always kinda shared a Rogues Gallery). We might even get a proper gang way storyline, which would be pretty cool, especially if it had Spidey crossover with the rest of the Netflix heroes/Defenders ;).

Does anyone know what the song in the trailer is?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
New image of Karen Page. Visiting Urich.
http://twitter.com/NetflixANZ/status/575778362989346817

Definitely. I could even see Spidey's mob villains spread throughout the various Netflix shows to maybe set them up, or at least we might see a few tussle with Daredevil (he and DD always kinda shared a Rogues Gallery). We might even get a proper gang way storyline, which would be pretty cool, especially if it had Spidey crossover with the rest of the Netflix heroes/Defenders ;).

Does anyone know what the song in the trailer is?
<cough> Maggia. <cough> Set up in All Hail The King. <cough>

It appears to be "Beautiful Crime" by Grayson Sanders. Here's their twitter account.

RoryWilliams

So here's the word on the costume.

"He always wore a black mask that was tied in the back. We went through a lot of different versions and did a lot of R&D before settling on something. If you watch very closely, you'll see the outfit evolve subtly into what we call the black ninja suit. The mask changes. He starts wearing protective pads. Eventually it morphs into the classic suit, because he wouldn't be Daredevil without it. Getting there is part of the fun. The idea was to back the story up to the point before Matt is Daredevil. Then we could take him to a place where some version of the red suit works in a grounded world. The solution is very exciting and makes complete sense."

Frontier

Staff member
I don't need justification for my street-level heroes wearing outlandish costumes to fight crime, though I'm probably a minority in that, but I respect and appreciate the creators still fitting it in the red suit and trying to justify it for a more grounded and realistic comic show like Daredevil is set to be. Especially when DeKnight brings up how it wouldn't be Daredevil without it ;).

I mean, from a practical standpoint, I'd say it would probably be a better choice to use the red suit for Matt's secret identity since it has eyes and would mask that he's blind more easily than a suit with no eye slits. Unless crooks just assume that DD being ninja-esque means he doesn't need his eyes to beat them up :p.

Looking forward to seeing the evolution of the Daredevil suit :cool:.

Though I wonder if, when Spider-Man finally enters the MCU, if they'll show him using DD's red suit as an inspiration for his costume? Or at least the idea that he can wear something more colorful to fight crime on the streets. Then again, we're not likely to get another origin story, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really show Peter's development of the suit or the beginning of his career :sweat:.

RoryWilliams

They've said they still don't know if the Netflix heroes will appear in the movies (and given Agents of SHIELD's track record they might not) so I can't imagine they'd go so far as to make Daredevil a big part of Spider-Man's origin.

RoryWilliams

A new poster teasing both Avengers Tower and the red suit!
[video=youtube;ltzGfeqWp_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzGfeqWp_M[/video]

Frontier

Staff member
I see it! I see it :D!!!

You can't make out much, but I'm pretty sure I spotted the horns and the DD chest emblem. Looks like the suit has Matt's mouth covered up, though I might be imagining it...

Pretty cool teaser with the full cast though, and nice to finally get to hear who I presume is Ben Urich :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
3/20: I saw Josie's Bar on the left side of Matt. I read on HitFix that the neon cross might be the Clinton Mission Shelter and the business called "Veles Tarth," roughly translates to "house of the magic devil."

Set pics of Jessica Jones coming to her neighbor's aid against some bicyclist...

3/23: New Daredevil image. "Sometimes even when you get knocked down, you can still win."

3/25: Two stills for Daredevil released. Matt with his supporting cast and Kingpin meeting with Madame Gao.

More photos from AKA Jessica Jones. Carrie Anne Moss and Rachel Taylor on set.

RoryWilliams

So with Hellcat and Moss' character some are speculating they may be the first canonically LGBT characters in the MCU.

Frontier

Staff member
So close that I am going to the press day next week.
Lucky! Hope it proves to be enjoyable and awesome for you TheVileOne :).

So with Hellcat and Moss' character some are speculating they may be the first canonically LGBT characters in the MCU.
Yeah, I've seen that too. Cool that we might finally have an official LGBT character/couple in the MCU, especially after Victoria Hand was killed off in Agents of SHIELD before that aspect of her character could come up :sweat:.

Less enthusiastic about possibly changing Patsy's sexuality, though it's not that major an issue, and I could see the appeal of having (eventually) a LGBT Superhero in the MCU with Hellcat. Especially when most of the other LGBT heroes in the MU are Mutants...though Patsy might end up bisexual if they ever want to bring in her relationship with Daimon Hellstrom :ack:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts