Marvel in November: What are you getting?

Green-Ghost

I'll get:
NEW X-MEN #149 - Sounds good
ULTIMATE X-MEN #39 - More on Jeans powers and Nightcrawler's return :)
HUMAN TORCH #8 - I really like the art it looks cool

And maybe:
RUNAWAYS #8 - Art looks good
UNCANNY X-MEN #434 - Maybe
EMMA FROST #5 - Cover looks so hot and Green is a great artist

I normally buy X-Treme X-Men but I don't like Kordeys art I love Larroca's art on the book and he still do great covers.I will buy his run on Uncanny X-Men in January.And if X-Treme X-Men going to get a new/better artsit I give the title a chance again.
When is Clayton Henry going to draw more issues of Exiles?I only buy the title because of his art.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Howdy,

Tsunami TPBs...

Why'd it have to be Tsunami TPBs???

Mystique and Runaways TPBs are guarantees. Sentinel is a maybe.

For monthlies, I think 1602 will do it for me (though I'll hold a moment of silence for the death of The Crew, which I thought was pretty good). Whether I pick up Iron Man will really depend on how much other stuff I'm buying that month.

I'm also eyeing that Uncanny X-Men Masterworks edition, although whether that makes the cut or not will really depend on how much of a dent DC puts in the wallet.

-- Ed/Ace

M

medaron

I'll definitely be getting 1602 and the latest issue of Exiles. I enjoy Exiles more and more each month. Interesting concept and I really like the what if/quantum leap aspect to the title.

Medaron

Cogliostro

Finish it...
Hmmm November doesn't seem like that good of a month for Marvel, nothing all that new/exciting and several series and mini-series are put to a end...

The Good (+), the Bad (-) and just plain ugly (?)

+/- Venom gets new artist - This might be good news to some and bad news to some.

- Inhumans price jumps

- Runaway price jumps

- Namor price jumps

- Sentinal price jumps

+ Mystique #8 coming out, was suppose to last month

+ Wolverine: The End mini-series begins

+ Cable and Deadpool ongoing series begins

+/- Geoff Johns ends his run on Avengers and an Avenger falls

? The Crew series comes to a end

- Alias comes to a end

? Waid's run on Fantastic Four comes to a end

* Top 5 covers:

5 - Avengers #76 / Human Torch #8
4 - Daredevil #54
3 - New Mutants #7
2 - New X-men #149
1 - 1602 #4

What I will be probably be getting:

Wolverine: The End #1 - I loved Hulk: The End!
Cable and Deadpool #1 - Main reason I am getting this is Im a HUGE Deadpool fan!
New X-men #149 - I pick up New X-men monthly, great cover art.
Ultimate X-men #39 - Pick this up monthly, hopefully Nightcrawler shows up within the book and not just on the cover.
Wolverine #7 and #8 - Great title! Been getting it since issue one and will continue to get it.
Amazing Spiderman #501 - Love JRJR's art and how JMS writes Spidey/Parker and thats why I continue to get it monthly.
Ultimate Spiderman #49 - I jumped on the title shortly after Kingpin first appeared so I missed him, hopefull this is good and Ult. Spiderman almost hits #50. (Pick this up monthly as well)
Ultimate Six #4 - Looks to be a great mini-series and will be getting all of it.
Kingpin #6 - Absolutely been loving this series since #1 and will continue to be picking it up monthly. HIGHLY Recommended
Doc Ock: Negative Exposure #2 - This sounds to have a interesting story and the art I have seen looks great, Im still deciding whether to pick this up.
Ultimates #13 - This looks to be a GREAT issue, hopefully it comes out on time!
Incredible Hulk #63 - I have been picking up the title in TPB since Jones started writing and have really enjoyed it, Im thinking about jump on the monthly issues with this story arc.
Daredevil #54 - Echo RETURNS! I picked up Parts of a Whole in TPB and LOVED it, I dont read DD monthly but MIGHT pick up this story arc in the monthly issues or just wait for the TPB, I havent decided.
Hulk: Gray #3 - Will be picking up all of this mini-series which shouldnt disappoint.
1602 #4 - Like tens of thousands of others I will be getting all of this very interesting mini-series.
Gun Theory #4 - I am still deciding whether to pick up any of this mini-series it slightly has me interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icer

NEW X-MEN #149
WOLVERINE: THE END #1
CABLE & DEADPOOL #1
UNCANNY X-MEN #433-434
ULTIMATE X-MEN #39
NYX #2
WOLVERINE #7-8
EMMA FROST #5
EXILES #37
X-TREME X-MEN #34-35
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #501
SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #6-7
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #49
ULTIMATE SIX #4
ULTIMATES #13
JLA/AVENGERS #3
INCREDIBLE HULK #63
FANTASTIC FOUR #506-507
DAREDEVIL #54
PUNISHER #35-36
HULK: GRAY #3
MARVEL 1602 #4
NEW MUTANTS #7-8
NAMOR #9
SENTINEL #9
SUPREME POWER #4

I'm really looking forward to New X-Men, the ultimate titles, Wolverine End, Supreme Power, and the end of Waid's run on FF.

Clayface

Molecularly Malleable Mod

Definitely Getting:
Amazing Spider-Man #501 - Could they get any less descriptive with these solicitations? :rolleyes: Ah well, its JMS, so I'll be buying it.
Hulk: Gray #3 - I haven't missed a Loeb/Sale mini-series yet. Don't know why I'd start now.
Incredible Hulk #63 - Man, that is one sweet, sweet cover. And the cool thing is, the inside art is done by the same guy. Bruce Jone's writing has been good for the most part on this title, so I'll definitely be picking this one up.
marvel 1602 #4 - Neil Gaiman does the Marvel universe. Gaiman's name alone is enough to get me to buy it.
New X-Men #149 - I'm enjoying Morrison's run immensely, and will be very sorry to see him go. Once he's gone, this may be the end of my x-title collecting for a while.
Punisher #35 & 36 - Garth Ennis does the punisher like no other. As long as he's on this title, I'll be collecting it.
Supreme Power #4 - JMS's new title. One of my favorite writers, so I'll definitely be continuing to pick this up. And man, that's a cool cover!
Thor: Vikings #5 (of 5) - Ennis does Thor and zombie vikings. I'm there.
Ultimate X-Men #39 - The finale of the Spider-Man/X-Men (or should I say Wolverine) cross-over. I've been following the story so far, and mos tlikely will finish it out.
Wolverine #7 & 8 - Rucka's run on Wolverine is great so far, so I don't see why I wouldn't be picking these issues up.
Wolverine: The End #1 - Loved Hulk: The End, and I liked the idea of the "last" Wolverine story. Not so sure about Paul Jenkins writing it - I just don't think he's going to be able to give Wolvie an epic feel like David did with Hulk. But, I'll give it a try.

Probably Getting:
Captain Marvel #16 - I really loved the start of this series, but the last couple stories have not been all that great. I doubt I'll have dropped the title by the time this issue comes out, but it is a possibility.
Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure #2 (of 5) - Vaughn's a good writer, and in this mini-series Vaughn uses his own history as a photographer in the story. Should be good.
Kingpin #6 - For the most part this has been a pretty good read, so I'll probably still be collecting it when this comes out.
Silver Surfer #3 - A new take on the character with this title, and a different artist in this issue than issue #1. Not sure what I thought of the first issue - it left me kind of luke-warm. I'll check out issue #2, and decide if I want to go on to #3.
Ultimate Six #4 - This mini-series sounds interesting. If the first few issues are good, I'll probably be getting this.

Might Get:
Captain America #20 - Dave Gibbons' first story-arc concludes. Not sure if I'm going to continue with this title now that its on its third writer.
Hulk: Nightmerica #6 (of 6) - The first two issues were just plain wierd. Not sure I'm liking the story so far, but I'm loving Ashmore's art. We'll see if its enough to keep me buying this mini-series all the way to the end.
Mystique #8 - I'm not loving this series like I am some of Vaughn's other work. Not sure if I'm going to stay with it or not.
Thanos #2 - Hmmm. I love the character, but I haven't been thrilled with what Starlin has done with him recently, and I'm not sure how well he'll stand up in his own series. I might give the first few issues a try.
Ultimate Spider-Man #49 - This title has been very hit or miss with me. I may be giving up the title by the time this comes out, or I might not. We'll see.

wrenchien

xoriel said:
Definitely getting the Spider-Man encyclopedia along with all the Spidey books and Daredevil!

me, i just hope i get peace in my soul after going to austin, maybe next month, maybe.

but if i got any comics i'd probably go get the maxx. if sam keith still made it.

hey. if that cleary guy was even in the comics biz and they still made boof, well, i'd have gotten it.

....oh why did image jump the shark of all the good things they had in the 90s?

WHY!!!? :(

EarthX

Super-Hero Guru
Lots

New Muntants #7 & #8 – still interesting
New X-men #149 – Great script/art team (they should make Jimenez writer after Morrison)
X-Statix #16 – the great pop-culture satire continues
Amazing Spider-Man #501 – still fun
Spider-Girl #66 – keeps on trucking.
Kingpin #6 – good storyline, but if this goes past #7, I’m done
JLA/Avengers #3 – Busiek & Perez = can’t go wrong
Avengers #75 & #76 – decent run ends
Iron Man #74 – managing to keep me interested post-Grell
Crimson Dynamo #4 – sounds promising
Thor #71 – still okay, but not sold on Eaton
Hawkeye #2 – Nomad redux?
Crew #7 – Editorial demands for “Urban” series may have doomed the overall concept
Fantastic Four #506 & #507 – get Waid while you can
Captain Marvel #16 – tailed off a little, but still fine
Thanos #2 – if it's anything like Thanos: Infinity Quest, it's a keeper.
Captain America #20 – Can Gibbons save Cap from the garbage that has filled this Knights series?
Daredevil #54 – What the heck is Wolverine doing there? Putting our trust in Mack…
Hulk: Gray #3 – Loeb and Sale good on Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Daredevil. Low risk here.
1602 #4 – could be one for the ages
Alias #28 – never up to Powers level, but an interesting run
Thor Vikings #5 – Dark fun
Supreme Power #4 – Looking good.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts