"Kamp Koral" News and Discussion Thread

ToonsJazzLover

Although The Jellyfish Kid is the first episode of Kamp Koral, Nick will be airing the second episode, Sugar Freeze/Tag, You’re It instead when the show premieres on TV on April 2 at 7PM. Though the press release from the upfront said the show won’t officially premiere on Nick until September when the first season is finished releasing on Paramount+.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Brandon Warren joined Kamp Koral as a storyboard supervisor. He previously worked as a storyboard artist on shows like The Mighty B, Robot And Monster, Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja, Penn Zero Part Time Hero, and DuckTales 2017.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick's sneak peek of Kamp Koral garnered great ratings!

Kamp Koral scored Nickelodeon the top telecast of 2021 to date with Kids 2-11 on ad supported TV in its Friday, April 2 episode.

In Live+Same Day, the episode averaged a 1.7/336K with Kids 2-11, an increase of +31% year over year. The telecast also ranked number one for the week with Kids 6-11, averaging a 1.5/179K, posting double-digit year-over-gains (+36%); and drew 714,000 total viewers.

In Live +3 Kamp Koral posted double-digit lifts of +24% among Kids 2-11, averaging a 2.2/416K. With Kids 6-11 the telecast averaged a 1.5/179K, posting a +32% increase in Live +3. The episode also posted double-digit lifts with total viewers, up +20% (855K).

Can I ask did Stephen Hillenburg actually want any spin-off or did Nickelodeon just wait for him to die or did he want them because I’m getting sick tired of seeing comments like “Nick waited for him to die” “ Stephen did not want it like they were his best friend or something?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's all very murky. That article from 2009 (which came out just before Truth Or Square) had Stephen say that he doesn't really see a spinoff happening for the show. That doesn't mean he didn't want one though. It's just not something he wanted to think about doing.

Eurbane

Here’s my review for kamp koral episodes today.
What about meep/hard time out: a anchovy was rejected and doesn’t fit in until he gave the others mop hairs and there was a good puppet scene in it. Spongebob made a dummy Patrick and the real Patrick fights it and then haunts today.
Pat’s a little sinker/camp spongebob: Patrick tries to learn to swim by going deep in the water and spongebob was alone at camp with Gary and a lot of creatures in it.
Squrisey/game night:squidward and Patrick were alone in the woods and found a home to sleep in which quite kind of them making friends and mrs. puff mr. Krabs and plankton want to play a game but got distracted by spongebob and tried everywhere but ended up in a lobster trap and became shop food.
My fair noooby/gimme a news break/noooby becomes engliant and perch Perkins rehearse his future news reporter news career and the aliens were piñatas.
Wise kraken/squash swap: plankton tries to make a explosive pie but keeps getting intruded by Komedy koral show. The kraken shows up with more laughs. Gilbert gotfried makes a good guest star in this episode. The squat challenge they called stompy swapped places with Patrick.
The ho ho horror/outhouse outrage:it’s too early for a Christmas episode as the gang was terrified by Santa. The outhouse exploded and puts our gang in trail
Are you afraid of the dork?: another kamp koral special showed up and it’s nice to see the Flying Dutchman in that episode.

powerjake

Banned
I've noticed a complaint from some fans of Spongebob about Kamp Koral is that it doesn't have the same charm as the first three seasons of the original SpongeBob SquarePants.

Moe

I've noticed a complaint from some fans of Spongebob about Kamp Koral is that it doesn't have the same charm as the first three seasons of the original SpongeBob SquarePants.
It is going to be a real test for Nick and if it isn't popular, it would be surprise message to Nick.

Question about Nick or Viacom give Kamp Koral a special treatment or defend wildly but they don't care about other contents like TMNT. We may know by end of year or next year.

Markus Nelis

Complaints come from older people. I know that kids like Kamp Koral. Plus it was one of the most highest rated shows this year when Nick aired those preview episodes (regular episodes)

kanc

According to promo, Kamp Koral will premiere on Nickelodeon this September

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.
I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.

Featured Posts