"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like the movie will be rated PG-13 for "sequences of sci-fi violence, some bloody images, language and partial nudity".

I'm not too surprised with the rating; it would have been more surprising if they went with another R rating.
So pretty par for the course for an Animated Feature movie by this point :p.

I wonder if the "partial nudity" is referring to a sex scene, a skimpy costume, or some surprise fanservice :rolleyes2:?
Hmm, I wonder if this movie is sticking with the classic line up or are they going to throw in a curve ball and sub in Flare and/or Caress.
Personally I think the surprise will be in which Legion members show up then any surprise in the Five roster, since the originals are pretty iconic :cool:.

beyond94

Attachments

• Katherine-McNamara-Feet-3837663.jpg
    Katherine-McNamara-Feet-3837663.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 398

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm not sure how reliable the site is, but DVD Release Dates reports the movie comes out on August 6th, 2019.

They also list some of the cast and a brief log-line.
Actor(s): Jerry O'Connell, Jason O'Mara, Rosario Dawson
Overview: The Justice League battles the Fatal Five, (Tharok, Emerald Empress, Validus, Mano and the Persuader).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Amazon has the same date. I guess Hush and Fatal Five swapped release dates. Longer wait for this one. Bummer.

What? Superman lived? Spoilers! :p

Strange Tucker still has Hush instead if it listed in his twitter bio. Unless he's messing with us.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It would be funny if O'Connell, O'Mara, and Dawson are actually voicing members of the Fatal Five and this turns out to be a stand alone story, too.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'd rather HUSH was the standalone project, but this is definitely a Timm/Suzuki project. I'm really curious about this, but it seems like a really weird one for Timm to develop.

In continuity with Tucker? Yeah, it's a no brainer and an obvious progression... but Timm? Strange.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's not much to go by, but the first look image is cool. The Fatal Five look good enough to me and it's nice to have the roster confirmed already. I wonder which member of the Justice League will show up, and if any of the Legionnaires will be included as well.

If the movie really is getting delayed, it will feel kind of weird getting a sneak peek for it like 7 months before its release. But hopefully the featurette will reveal more stuff, not only in regards to the story and characters, but also behind the scenes stuff like the crew involved with the project.

It would be funny if O'Connell, O'Mara, and Dawson are actually voicing members of the Fatal Five and this turns out to be a stand alone story, too.
And they should bring the cast for the Fatal Five from Legion of Super Heroes to voice the Justice League while they're at it. Jennifer Hale, David Sobolov, etc.

But I presume we'll get more stunt casting and "big" names if they'll be main characters in the movie.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I'd rather HUSH was the standalone project, but this is definitely a Timm/Suzuki project. I'm really curious about this, but it seems like a really weird one for Timm to develop.

In continuity with Tucker? Yeah, it's a no brainer and an obvious progression... but Timm? Strange.
I'm especially surprised if Tucker isn't involved with this at all considering how much of a Legion fan he is.

Suzuki as a character designer I could maybe understand if Bourassa is really busy with Young Justice, but I'm not sure I see Timm headlining an in-continuity movie, which I would assume this is more readily then I would Hush.

Although I saw someone suggest that this movie might end up being a DCAU/JLU reunion movie...which I could actually buy.

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
If it is a proper JLU reunion movie, then I'm all for it.

Didn't Timm and Co. say a potential season 5 for JLU would have involved time travel? Perhaps they've condensed their ideas and made it into a DTV.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
If it were a JLU reunion movie, THAT is the cast they would be advertising, not Jerry O'Connell et al. We will not be that lucky.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Well, it might be just a place-holder until the actual, full cast gets announced officially. I kind of doubt it personally, but you never know.

Frontier

Staff member
I actually like Yojimbo's idea of the animated movie VA's voicing the Fatal Five. So we could have the original animated League go up against the new animated League as the Fatal Five :p.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Honestly? I don't want any potential JLU reunion movie within five feet of these hard PG-13 / R movies. That ways lies Batman and Harley Quinn. I want whatever JL reunion we someday get to be consistent in tone with the show I loved in the first place. Part of why I loved JLU was because it was kid-friendly and fun. If they use the DC Universe movie label for a reunion, it probably won't be.

Put it under the DC Classics banner like Return Of The Caped Crusaders was. That had the potential to be an amazing banner, and they dropped it after two movies, and didn't even label the second one with it.

I don't want JLU back with blood and swearing. That's not the reason I loved the show. I loved the show because it DIDN'T have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts