"Jellystone!" (HBO Max) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Why would they just reimagine male characters from the classic cartoons and make them female?
You do realise gender flipping a character is not a new thing, right? Voltron's Pidge was reimagined as female for Legendary Defender to avert the Smurfette principle of the team, while seven male Sentai Rangers were reimagined into female Rangers for Power Rangers along with Anne Lewis was reimagined as male in the RoboCop reboot.

Heck, Toph and Azula were initially planned to be male characters in Avatar: The Last Airbender before they were changed into female characters before production began.

ShadowBlinky

You know what set of characters with a pretty good gender balance they could have made the centre of Scoob?

The Mystery Machine gang!
Technically Mystery Inc, but in any case I totally agree. Seriously, Jabberjaw's show (being a rip-off of Scooby's) has two female leads as well! Gender swapping Jabberjaw would have been stupid, unnecessary and most likely another criticism against the movie (as if it didn't have enough). But I digress.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Technically Mystery Inc, but in any case I totally agree. Seriously, Jabberjaw's show (being a rip-off of Scooby's) has two female leads as well! Gender swapping Jabberjaw would have been stupid, unnecessary and most likely another criticism against the movie (as if it didn't have enough). But I digress.
Well, what if the female Jabberjaw is actually the sister of the original Jabberjaw? That actually could've worked if they went with it.

powerjake

Banned
You do realise gender flipping a character is not a new thing, right? Voltron's Pidge was reimagined as female for Legendary Defender to avert the Smurfette principle of the team, while seven male Sentai Rangers were reimagined into female Rangers for Power Rangers along with Anne Lewis was reimagined as male in the RoboCop reboot.

Heck, Toph and Azula were initially planned to be male characters in Avatar: The Last Airbender before they were changed into female characters before production began.

Gender flipping male characters to be female is really pointless, they could of used other existing female Hanna Barbera characters or just create brand new female characters.

The saying "Smurfette principle" is so beyond cringey it came from the infamous Nostalgia Chick. I avoid using those cringey words.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Gender flipping male characters to be female is really pointless, they could of used other existing female Hanna Barbera characters or just create brand new female characters.
Yet it's not pointless to gender flip female characters to be male? Don't answer that.
The saying "Smurfette principle" is so beyond cringey it came from the infamous Nostalgia Chick. I avoid using those cringey words.
It's not really cringey at all. That being said, I think @ShadowBlinky said it best (something you probably didn't look at before responding to my response to yours), we're straying off topic and I think it's best to move on from this than continue it.

powerjake

Banned
Yet it's not pointless to gender flip female characters to be male? Don't answer that.

It's not really cringey at all. That being said, I think @ShadowBlinky said it best (something you probably didn't look at before responding to my response to yours), we're straying off topic and I think it's best to move on from this than continue it.

Sorry for going off topic. I've forgot to mention that its not good to gender flip females into to males (AdrenalineRush1996 I've jumped ahead on this one without covering that part). Gender flipping characters in general is a mistake.

Jabberjaw needs to be himself and they should not change the character. He's like Curly from Three Stooges.

flashfunk03

According to Jeff Bergman (the voice of Yogi, Ranger Smith, and other characters), the show is quite done with its production of the first season. They're just waiting for HBO Max and/or/maybe Cartoon Network to give them a spot in their schedule.
Screenshot (136).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (137).png
    Screenshot (137).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

flashfunk03

My predictions for the cast (for now):
Jeff Bergman - Yogi Bear, Ranger Smith, Huckleberry Hound, Mildew Wolf, Mr. Jinks, Wally Gator, Officer Dibble

Eric Bauza - Boo-Boo Bear, Atom Ant

Tara Strong - Cindy Bear, Ruff, Floral Rugg

Stephen Stanton - Snagglepuss

Bill Farmer - Quick Draw McGraw

Frank Welker - Magilla Gorilla, Jabberjaw, Dynomutt

Jim Cummings - Captain Caveman, Morocco Mole

Trevor Devall - Augie Doggie, Lambsy

Spike Brandt - Doggie Daddy

Jason Harris Katz - Top Cat, Choo-Choo

Jeff Bennett - Touche Turtle, Breezly Bruin

Chris Edgerly - Peter Potamus, Benny the Ball, Punkin Puss

Ben Diskin - So-So, Spook, Mr. Twiddle, Sneezly Seal

Steve Blum - Yakky Doodle

Rob Paulsen - Pixie, Dixie, Super Snooper, Blabber Mouse

Fred Tatasciore - Paw Rugg, Droop-a-Long Coyote, Reddy, Bristle Hound

Dee Bradley Baker - Shag Rugg

Cam Clarke - Hokey Wolf, Fancy-Fancy

Tom Kenny - Brain, Ding-A-Ling Wolf, Ricochet Rabbit, Hardy Har Har, Scoots, Undercover Elephant

Carlos Alazraqui - Baba Looey, Loopy De Loop

Billy West - Muttley, Mr. Peebles, Country

Maurice LaMarche - Dum Dum, Inch High

Richard McGonagle - Dick Dastardly

Phil LaMarr - Hong Kong Phooey

Charlie Adler - Cavey Jr.

Candi Milo - Mushmouse

Clancy Brown - Grape Ape

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

@kanc What were the episodes in the "Secret Agent Loud" compilation?
I think that Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb should both stay gone. Both shows ended in a high note and bringing them back would likely negate the impact that the finales had. Although I was never a fan of P&F myself.
What's going on with the members? Everyone went out for a break? In the last like 30-40 minutes there are either 2-5 members online, or only myself.
WOO HOO! Cartoon Network had terrific ratings! I knew Craig of The Creek Was A Huge hit!

Now I hope @Light Lucario is right and the show has staying power during reruns. Which I think is a great step to buy CN some time for new cartoons.
I'm generally 'eh' about Disney Channel, but I like these idents:

They're fun and colorful. I miss cool brandings like these.

Featured Posts