"Jellystone" (HBO Max) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Not really digging the overtly modernized designs. The new Looney Tunes designs strike the perfect balance of being modern while still respectful to the originals. This just feels like a run-of-the-mill Cartoon Network original.

I would have liked to have seem something more akin to the Quicken Loans ad.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Aug 15, 2018
usa
I'm surprised that after 20 something years acquiring Hanna Barbera, WB is finally doing something with the older characters like Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw Mcgraw. Now that i think about it i don't think they done anything with those characters since the TimeWarner buyout in 1996

Last edited:

Jonwo

Sep 27, 2009
London
It's interesting they're mixing the early HB characters like Yogi and Top Cat with the later HB characters like Jabberjaw and Captain Caveman. Makes me wonder if we may see the likes of Hong Kong Phooey and The Hair Bear Bunch appear.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Though I’m not too keen of the art style chosen, I’m really happy the classic Hanna Barbers characters are being utilized in a new cartoon. And if it leans toward more like Chowder and less like Harvey Beaks, I’m sure this will be really fun.
I can’t wait to see all the characters that’ll show up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
This press release also mentions Atom Ant (though gets his name wrong), since I didn't notice him in the promo image.

*Jellystone

Welcome to the town of Jellystone - a charming place where your favorite Hanna-Barbera characters live, work and play together... but, at the same time, can't help but stir up trouble for one another. The animated series includes classic characters such as Yogi, Boo Boo, Snagglepuss, Adam Ant, Huckleberry Hound, Jabberjaw, Magilla Gorilla and more.

Genre: Animation

Executive Producers: Carl Greenblatt, Sam Register

Produced by: Warner Bros. Animation

EDIT:
So this must be 2020's update of Yogi's Gang, because I see the ark and lesser-known characters like Snagglepuss, Auggie Doggie, Magilla Gorilla, and Squiddly Diddly.
Technically that's not the Jelly Roger ark, only Peter Potamus' magic flying balloon.

Reactions: Frontier

bat16

Jul 23, 2016
so happy for this, HB is something that has needed new iterations for ages!!!

although I wouldn't mind if every character gets their own show at some point.:D

this could be a way to set it up, you start them all off together for newer generation then their would be more interest in solo shows.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what is upsetting about comedy central is that the network is always airing the office series too much
did you think that nickelodeon should slow down the reruns of spongebob and air the old spongebob episodes on nicktoons?
Since people were calling me out for this a few days ago, do you think I defend Nickelodeon too much?
What if cartoons of the past met cartoons of the future?
Coming Tommorow:The reveal of Toonverse,a new kids channel concept!
Tis the place where toons live!
I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (65) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (48) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (39) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).