Is Stripperella considered a Marvel character? (Answer: No)

Is Stripperella considered Marvel?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

ABrown

If someone bumps this thread, could a moderator please close it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlawedCoil82

The thing is that during the 90's I noticed that there were several characters that I wasn't a big fan of: Captain America, Spiderman, The Hulk, but mostly the X-Men and Blade. And it was after the fact that I found out that they're all Marvel characters.

For me, nothing beat or even compared/compares to the X-Men of the early 90's. Wolverine losing his adamantium was the beginning of the end of "perfection", but it didn't truly end until Age Of Apocalypse started. It sadly, never recovered after that and I know it never will.

I never watched Stripperella. It just seemed like such an obvious, forcefed "make horny young men watch cartoons" type agenda to where it seemed pointless. I think I watched half an episode and turned it off waiting for (what I hoped) would be the glorious return to greatness for The Ren & Stimpy Show when they started airing new episodes on Spike. Again, that was also a monumental letdown because of the forcefed gross-out and homosexual "humor".
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
It has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel and was made by Stan Lee's production company. The show was also made years after Stan worked for Marvel, as even a spokesman. I believe he'd even done some stuff at DC by this point.

maczero

Striperella is not a Marvel character. As mentioned in the post above, she comes from Stan's company which has produced a couple of other cartoons.

BTW, why do you dislike Marvel so much?

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Stan Lee is connected to Marvel, but most of his his recent endeavors came through his former company Stan Lee Media, independently (as was the case with Stripperella) and his current company, POW! Entertainment, which, ironically, has a multimedia deal with Marvel's new parent company Disney.

Stripperella is certainly not a Marvel character since Marvel has no connection nor ownership of the property.

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
Thread Moved.

Stripperella is not a Marvel character, and I don't think Marvel would've come near this property anyway given how racy it is.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Stan Lee =/= Marvel. By that logic, Ultimo (manga) would be a Marvel character.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
So anyway, like I said I've really enjoyed the episodes of Stripperella that I've seen. And I'm considering purchasing the series dvd. But like I said, I'm curious if the show/character are considered Marvel. Cause if they are considered Marvel, that will definitely answer the question as to whether or not I should purchase the series dvd. And I'm sure that this has been discussed before. But anyway, is Stripperella considered Marvel?

If I may ask, even if it was Marvel, would you really dismiss a show that you found entertaining simply because of the company it was made by?

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
Stripperella is not a Marvel character, and I don't think Marvel would've come near this property anyway given how racy it is.
She actually dresses more modestly than a lot of Marvel's heroines do. But anyway, she's not a Marvel character. Stan Lee isn't realy connected to Marvel anymore outside being a consultant for the movies and other things usually.

joltman

I guess you'd better stop liking GI Joe and Transformers then, because their original cartoons were by Marvel Productions

ABrown

I guess you'd better stop liking GI Joe and Transformers then, because their original cartoons were by Marvel Productions

True, but the characters weren't created by Marvel, they were created by Hasbro. I pretty sure that Muppet Babbies was even produced by Marvel Productions, but they were also not created by Marvel. Like I said though, I realize that my logic makes no sense at all.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
True, but the characters weren't created by Marvel, they were created by Hasbro.
Technically speaking, the Transformers characters were created by Takara Toys in Japan but the Westernized versions of the characters were developed by Marvel's editor-in-chief at the time Jim Shooter, and Marvel writers Dennis O'Neil and Bob Budiansky and was, at the time, in canon with the Marvel Universe. G.I. Joe, as our generation and every one since knows them, was created by Marvel writer Larry Hama, who originally used a treatment he had for a spinoff of Nick Fury as the backbone behind the then-revamped line.

So . . . yeah. There's a reason Marvel's called The House of Ideas, and Hasbro benefited greatly from the company's input in two of its longest-lasting toylines.

ABrown

Technically speaking, the Transformers characters were created by Takara Toys in Japan

And that's why I say that they weren't created by Marvel. They were a toy first. First in Japan with Takara, and then with Hasbro in the U.S.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
And that's why I say that they weren't created by Marvel. They were a toy first. First in Japan with Takara, and then with Hasbro in the U.S.

Larry Hama came up the backstories, I think all or most of the names, heck the whole storyline of G.I. Joe, didn't he? And it was done concurrently with the creation of the toyline, he actually wrote the character files on the back of the boxes. Before Larry Hama they were just hunks of plastic.

Compare G.I. Joe to, say, Big Jim. Which is the more fulfilling product? G.I. Joe is, of course, because of its deep storyline. I think Hama and Marvel should have some credit for creating that.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Actually, they were multiple, unconnected toylines. Hasbro acquired the manufacturing rights to those lines. Marvel unified those lines and came up with everything that is associated with the brand, from the name itself to the character names and personalities. In short, Marvel made everything that makes Transformers, well, Transformers rather than a forgettable toyline like Maxx Steele's Robo Force.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts