I Learned Something Today

Mandouga

Summer Sunshine, the opening and ending theme of Barbie in a Mermaid Tale, is an English cover of a song (which has the same name) from a Korean drama called Mackerel Run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
M&M's were the original choice for the sweets that E.T. eats in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial but the snack's maker Mars Chocolate said no, so director Steven Spielberg turned to their rival Hershey, who agreed to use their Reese's Pieces, which turned out for the best as the peanut butter sweets' sales increased by 300% thanks to the film.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
THE SIX DEATHS OF LAMBERT FROM ALIEN, MOST OF THEM PATHETIC

1) Head twisted off by creature (early draft)

2) Lambert leaves picture early with no explanation, later on Dallas says the creature ate her

3) From a script where Parker has the flamethrower, he aims it at the Alien but hits Lambert instead (not making up any of these)

4) Xeno's acid blood opens a pinhole in the storage room, causing Lambert to slam against the wall and get sucked into space one bit at a time (this idea was reused for Alien Resurrection)

5) Lambert crawls into a locker and dies of fright (this is hilarious, they really didn't think highly of Lambert)

6) Lambert is standing right next to the Xeno and doesn't notice...this is the one that was filmed, but it couldn't be used. They thought having the actor walk like a crab would be creepy, but it made the head bounce up and down and it was too obvious it wasn't real. They did not shoot a scene where it attacks her.

In the end, there was no time to shoot a better death scene for Lambert, so it was largely done through offscreen noises and one imported shot of Brett's boots.

Mandouga

Well, well, well. It appears that one “Anya-Josephine Marie Taylor-Joy” (AKA: the voice of everyone’s favorite “peachy” princess) is a high school dropout. I wonder if a certain “Miyahon” knew about this…

Also, she's fluent in both English in Spanish. Despite this, however, she didn't dub herself in The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Instead, Princess Peach was dubbed by someone named “Ale (as in “Alejandra”) Pilar”.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
When Cheerios were first introduced in 1941, their original name was "Cheerioats."

mail.png

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Despite German being his first language, Arnold Schwarzenegger has never dubbed his own voice in said language for his films due to his accent.
Which is totally insane because he also had that accent in English. But Germans and French dubbing studios are somehow obsessed with the standard accent of their languages.

Mandouga

I don't seem to remember him “saying” that. When exactly does this happen? All you did was give a link to the full special itself without pointing to the part where he supposedly says it. I personally ever only heard Granny (Sylvester and Tweety’s owner) say it in the short where her pets are snowbound and she can't get to them because the roads are cut off.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts