"Harbinger" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

TargetmasterJoe

Bloodshot is still coming from Sony Pictures on February 21st, 2020.

It's supposed to be the first chapter to a cinematic universe on Valiant Comics, followed shortly after by Harbinger.

However, the Harbinger movie is moving to Paramount.

Harbinger, the adaptation of a superhero comic published by Valiant Entertainment, has been scooped up by Paramount from its initial home, Sony Entertainment.

Making the cross-town segue are also filmmaker Justin Tipping and the script by Tipping and Joshua Beirne-Golden working off an original draft by Eric Heisserer (Arrival). Also remaining involved is producer Neal Moritz, who was key in the transfer and who moved his first-look deal from Sony to Paramount in 2018.

Harbinger tells the story of a group of super-powered teens who rebel against the corporation that tried to harness their abilities for their own ends.

The project was to have shot this summer or fall, and had actors Dylan O’Brien and Noah Centineo circling, but is no longer on the fast-track, say sources. The plan is to have Harbinger undergo a short development process at Paramount before moving forward with the same the creative team. Moritz will produce with Toby Jaffe and Valiant Comics' Dan Mintz.

The move has several potential repercussions.

First, Valiant is a notable publisher of comics not gobbled up by a media corporation but now owned by DMG Entertainment, which fully acquired the comic publisher in January 2018 after having an initial stake. It stands apart from other indie companies such as Image or Boom! in that it maintains and continually expands a cohesive narrative across its titles, like Marvel and DC.

With designs of building its own cinematic universe, a VCU if one will, the company was already hitching its wagon to Sony, where it set up several of its titles, including Bloodshot. The latter is Valiant’s first produced movie, and stars Vin Diesel. Sony is hoping it launches a franchise when it opens Feb. 21, 2020.

Is Sony going into some dark place and people are just performing some kind of mass exodus? Because between the Spider-Man situation and now this...something's going on.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.

Featured Posts