Donkey Hodie (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Donkey Hodie is an upcoming PBS Kids show coming out next winter. Inspired by characters from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, this puppet series follows Donkey Hodie, granddaughter of the original Donkey Hodie (now called Grampy Hodie).

"In every episode, Donkey Hodie, a sweet, yellow donkey with a magenta mohawk, along with her pals, Purple Panda, Duck Duck and Bob Dog, empower preschoolers to dream big and overcome obstacles in their own lives, to work hard and persevere in the face of failure, to be resourceful and discover they are capable of solving problems on their own—and to laugh themselves silly along the way."

The show is created by brothers Adam Rudman and David Rudman, both from Sesame Street and Nature Cat . The show is produced by their production company Spiffy Pictures.

The only confirmed cast member so far is Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Duck Duck.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Haley Jenkins is Donkey Hodie and Frankie Cordero is Purple Panda. Haley is known for playing Karli (who's in foster care) in the Sesame Street Communities videos and is also the US version of Zari. Frankie Cordero is known for playing Abby's step brother Rudy on Sesame Street.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Probably cause PBS owns distribution rights to all of their content produced by their stations. So I don’t know if Donkey Hodie from Fred Rogers Productions maybe distributed internationally by PBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And actually PBS owns rights to many of their shows in the US. That’s why I still see PBS taking down videos on YouTube in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So, I took a look at Stephanie D'Abruzzo's website. She's not only Duck Duck, but also Harriet and Mama Panda. She's also a writer for the series. Since Paul McGinnis' tweet above was deleted when confirming the casting for Donkey Hodie and Purple Panda, I screenshot this just in case.

Screenshot_20200309-180056.png
Screenshot_20200309-180128.png

Bigawesome2000

On the PBS Kids 24/7 channel, Donkey Hodie will air weekdays at 4pm and 12am, and weekends at 9am. Make sure to check your local listings, just to figure out when it is airing where you live (I know WNET loves to run Cyberchase into the ground lol).

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts