Do you think I should try to write the screenplay for the Nicktoons movie?

Eldorado

I got the idea on how the movie's story should be, maybe I can be the one to try and write and pitch it to Nickelodeon.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Ironically I had the same idea 15 years ago after watching the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour.

Anyway companies like Nick are not going to produce content from a script that someone just pitched or mailed in especially if you’re not a worker or major in the animation industry. As much as I would like Nick to do a Harvey Beaks Movie and allow me to write a script and send it in to produce that’s completely impossible especially since they probably won’t want to do anything with that show again. Also I pitched an idea to Nintendo when I was 10 and while they appreciated my idea they are only allowed to make products from the people that work there and not even a petition would work.

Eldorado

Ironically I had the same idea 15 years ago after watching the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour.

Anyway companies like Nick are not going to produce content from a script that someone just pitched or mailed in especially if you’re not a worker or major in the animation industry. As much as I would like Nick to do a Harvey Beaks Movie and allow me to write a script and send it in to produce that’s completely impossible especially since they probably won’t want to do anything with that show again. Also I pitched an idea to Nintendo when I was 10 and while they appreciated my idea they are only allowed to make products from the people that work there and not even a petition would work.

What was your Nintendo idea?

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
That's the beauty of fanfiction: you can write whatever you'd like!

So, if it's an idea you feel strongly about and would have fun planning out, go for it!

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
The problem with fanfiction is...YOU CAN'T MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT!
I read your idea for the screenplay on the Nicktoons Forum and it sounds cool! But unfortunately, as @TheJLeeTeam mentioned, companies like Nickelodeon don't really accept ideas from fans. The only times that I've heard of fan material in cartoons becoming "canon" was a few instances in My Little Pony: FiM, but these fans had direct connections to the crew (i.e. relative) and their contributions were very minor (fan character showing up in the background for a quick moment, etc.).

Trust me, as an aspiring writer, I would love to see my work appear on the big screen one day. But unless I get a job at one of these major studios (which is the dream goal!), all I can do is continue practicing my craft (including fanfiction) and try and publish my work whenever possible.

When I made my previous comment, I was just trying to give some friendly advice. If it's not helpful to you, you can take it with a grain of salt.

If you do end up writing the screenplay, make sure to post it on The Story Board Forum so we can read it!

Last edited:

Eldorado

I read your idea for the screenplay on the Nicktoons Forum and it sounds cool! But unfortunately, as @TheJLeeTeam mentioned, companies like Nickelodeon don't really accept ideas from fans. The only times that I've heard of fan material in cartoons becoming "canon" was a few instances in My Little Pony: FiM, but these fans had direct connections to the crew (i.e. relative) and their contributions were very minor (fan character showing up in the background for a quick moment, etc.).

Trust me, as an inspiring writer, I would love to see my work appear on the big screen one day. But unless I get a job at one of these major studios (which is the dream goal!), all I can do is continue practicing my craft (including fanfiction) and try and publish my work whenever possible.

When I made my previous comment, I was just trying to give some friendly advice. If it's not helpful to you, you can take it with a grain of salt.

If you do end up writing the screenplay, make sure to post it on The Story Board Forum so we can read it!

I know full well they don't take scripts from fans. I already have plans in Hollywood (as a voice actor), and hope one day to be able to get an agent to pitch the script.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick staff aren't even allowed to look at fan submissions.

I'm sure I read it's because Nick would have to pay the writer if any idea was used - even unintentional. As Nick doesn't open fan submissions, if someone demands money from Nick from using their idea, Nick can prove that they didn't.

Eldorado

Nick staff aren't even allowed to look at fan submissions.

I'm sure I read it's because Nick would have to pay the writer if any idea was used - even unintentional. As Nick doesn't open fan submissions, if someone demands money from Nick from using their idea, Nick can prove that they didn't.

If you looked at my post above, I stated that I plan to work in Hollywood full-time in the near future, and get an agent and all that. THEN, they'll have to look at my script.

Toonfan30

If you looked at my post above, I stated that I plan to work in Hollywood full-time in the near future, and get an agent and all that. THEN, they'll have to look at my script.

Besides the voice over agent, you'll want to look into getting an agent that represents writers as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Just learned that GAMESTOP and FRED MEYER are now going to be selling DVDs, Blu-rays, and even 4K UHD Blu-rays. This comes in the wake of Best Buy removing ALL DVDs and Blu-rays, as well as Target and FYE shrinking down their offerings.

Are there any notable child voice actors born in the 2010s? The oldest is turning 14 in 2024. Just curious. Jason Griffith was one of the only 4Kids voice actors born in the 80s (most were born in the 70s or earlier)
I wish a happy 17th birthday to Lily Sanfelippo, voice of Gwen Stacy/Ghost Spider in seasons 1-2 of Spidey And His Amazing Friends and Axl from Firebuds.
I've decided that I will indeed start doing music reviews soon. They will mainly be on the blog linked in my signature, but certain reviews that meet forum standards will be crossposted to the music forum.
Angelo Rules is getting a sixth season, this might be niche post Angelo Rules Ordered for Season Six - TVKIDS

Featured Posts