DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics has provided The World’s Finest with a much closer look at the upcoming Batman Beyond: The Animated Series Classic Compendium – 25th Anniversary Edition collection, including the final front and back cover artwork, along with a look at the interiors and contents, all made available by DC Comics. Click the thumbnail below to check out a gallery of imagery:

Spider-Man

I can't wait to get this collection but I am a little disappointed that the Return of the Joker comic isn't included. If the BTAS omnibus could include the Mask of the Phantasm comic, why couldn't this collection afford 40 more pages for the movie adaptation? It's a weird choice but I still can't wait to grab this up. My own single issues are in terrible shape now.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics has released early details for The Batman and Robin Adventures Omnibus, an upcoming oversized release collecting the acclaimed Batman & Robin Adventures comic series hitting shelves July 9, 2024. Priced at $75US, the release includes The Batman & Robin Adventures #1-25, The Batman & Robin Adventures Annual #1-2, The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years #1-5, and The Batman & Robin Adventures: Sub-Zero #1, and more! Cover art can be found below and stay tuned for further details.

Frontier

Staff member
DC Comics has released early details for The Batman and Robin Adventures Omnibus, an upcoming oversized release collecting the acclaimed Batman & Robin Adventures comic series hitting shelves July 9, 2024. Priced at $75US, the release includes The Batman & Robin Adventures #1-25, The Batman & Robin Adventures Annual #1-2, The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years #1-5, and The Batman & Robin Adventures: Sub-Zero #1, and more! Cover art can be found below and stay tuned for further details.

I already have it in trade but they just had to throw in Lost Years :p.

Spider-Man

This is great news and I didn't expect to see it announced so soon let alone at all. I really hope this means we'll get new releases for Gotham Adventures. I'd be happy with new trades but a couple omnibus releases would collect up that title and then maybe one more for Batman Adventures and any other left over one shots and mini-series. Maybe DC is clueing in that they're sitting on a lot of comics that people would love to buy.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This is great news and I didn't expect to see it announced so soon let alone at all. I really hope this means we'll get new releases for Gotham Adventures. I'd be happy with new trades but a couple omnibus releases would collect up that title and then maybe one more for Batman Adventures and any other left over one shots and mini-series. Maybe DC is clueing in that they're sitting on a lot of comics that people would love to buy.
Those were the only DC Comics I really bought and read. These collections are all things I will get eventually.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
For anyone that finds coloring therapeutic, Insight Editions will be releasing an official 'Batman: The Animated Series' Coloring Book this October:

Coloring.jpg

Seems to be using artwork from Ty Templeton's run on Batman: The Adventures Continue. Good luck topping Monica Kubina's work, folks.

Ed Nygma

I've whined about this before but I so wish the Batman & Robin Adventures omnibus also included Gotham Adventures 1-14, since Templeton basically continued over into that series. 15-60 by Peterson was a hard swerve and enough to fill its own omnibus. My problem is that if they end up doing a Gotham Adventures vol 1 of the first thirty or so, volume 2 will never sell enough to get to the good stuff, Batman Adventures v2 from 2003. Maybe they can shove that in to an omnibus with Adventures Continue but I doubt it. I guess perhaps I would rather skip the Peterson issues entirely lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
4/19: My Adventures With Superman #2 releases July 3.

The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries #7 also releases on July 3. Will be using BTAS designs it appears. (scroll to bottom of article).

Written by IVAN COHEN
Art and cover by PUSTE
$2.99 US | 32 pages
ON SALE 7/3/24

The Scarecrow’s new fear toxin has Gotham City too frightened to function! Batman and Mystery Inc. are able to put off the inevitable for a while as they investigate, but soon they fall victim as well—except for Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, who seem weirdly immune. It turns out that always being scared has some advantages, after all!

5/17: My Adventures With Superman #3 releases on August 7.

5/20: As part of the 85th anniversary theme, there will be a Batman: The Animated Series-themed variant cover by Simone Di Meo for Batman & Robin #12, on sale August. 14, 2024.

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!

Featured Posts