DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

• Today is the last day to enter the Spirited Away: GKids Ticket Giveaway. Enter soon! Details here.

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,008 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Welcome to Part 2 the DC Animated Comics News & Discussion thread! Discuss what you think will be happening in upcoming issues, hints and tidbits from interviews, press releases, solicitation info --anything that's been officially released by the comic company or creative team is discussable here! Covering all your favorite current animated comic series, discuss it all here!

Find more comic news at The World's Finest and check out the latest posts in this very thread for more announcements and updates!

*Part 1 News & Discussion

Discuss!

Just released tonight
"Hell to Pay" Chapter 12 will be available starting June 6th. Written by Jeff Parker and Pencils by Matthew Dow Smith.
Waller's last chance to save her soul from damnation is at hand, but can she grasp it tightly enough?
I expect many will die but hope it won't impact what Tucker and co. have in the works for the upcoming movies. But it's tough because they can't just kill off the not-so popular characters and spare the famous ones.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,008 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Chapter 3 is up as well.
Ma and Pa Kent came to Metropolis to meet Clark's lady, but when Ma sets off on her own, Superman has to come back and save her! "Power" part 3.
I guess the angle of this comic is to show the day in the life of Superman like that guest shot in The Brave and The Bold or even similar to B:TAS' "Appointment in Crime Alley".

EDIT: More info:
Art will be done by Cat Staggs, Joel Ojeda, Laura Braga and more. It is a weekly 12 issue series. Some chapters takes place before, during, and after the Doomsday battle. One story will explore what Jimmy was doing during the battle. Each chapter explains what power means: to Superman who uses it to save humanity or villains or wield it to further their own selfish agendas. Preview of Chapter 1 included.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
August 8th:
"Death of Superman" Chapter 4, available starting August 22nd.
Superman's been having a trying day, and now he's letting off some steam—by punching Lobo! "Power" part 4.
August 15th:
Log-line for Chapter 5. Available starting August 29th, Written by Louise Simonson & Pencils by Joel Ojeda.
"Proof" part 1! Jimmy Olsen is aiming for a promotion—can he convince Perry White he's got the nose for news?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,008 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Log-line for Chapter 5. Available starting August 29th, Written by Louise Simonson & Pencils by Joel Ojeda.
Nice, now the comic will shift to during the battle and fill in what Jimmy was doing. I guess it's before the helicopter picks up Lois. Maybe Jimmy was there at Carlin Heights trying to get a scoop of the JL fighting Doomsday.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,008 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Nice. Hmm, it seems like the loglines hint that Jimmy might stumble on Intergang at or get kidnapped and taken to a hideout that happens to be in Carlin Heights. Then Doomsday randomly charges through their building and 'saves' Jimmy -- then he observes the battle between it and the Justice League. Gotta check that part in the movie. I think they leave the gap of Jimmy in the movie pretty wide -- so Simonson can really fill in that part -- was it when he takes Bibbo and Superman's photo then the next time he's seen is when he picks up Lois from Ace O'Clubs in the helicopter?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.