C&C - My Hero Academia - "Have a Merry Christmas!" [7/31]

Nobodyman

Work-study program. Or, as they refrain from calling it, unpaid internship.

Oh yes, the old spy plotline. When oh when will that pay off?

Happy Non-religious Winter Solstice Holiday everyone!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Villains have attacked our students when we've sent them out into the field before! Surely they won't think to do it again!

Happy Santa cosplay day!

THEY DO EVERYTHING AS ONE BIG GROUP.
THEY ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING AS ONE BIG GROUP.
THIS IS WHY I CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYONE'S NAMES! IT'S NOT JUST A HANDFUL OF THE MORE INTERESTING STUDENT CHARACTERS - IT'S EVERYBODY.

They especially frowned on "Jeffrey Dahmer."

No one wants to hear about your jingle bells, Mineta.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
"Well, that's not entirely un-thematic."

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Christmas isn't complete with an angel like Eri.

Enjoy the hip Christmas pop song.

Tsukuyomi got Cloud's buster sword. Lucky.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Well, it's a better Christmas song than Pentatonix's "Hallelujah." Which isn't even a Christmas song.

That narration tells me something bad is about to happen.
GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
A moe slice of life episode with characters in adorable Santa costumes? Okay, my unironic favorite episode this whole season. I could see a moe MHA spinoff possibly working even though Soul Eater fans hated Not.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Deika City prologue looks bleak. If Deku is leveling up, obvious that Shigaraki would, too. But with All for One still in prison, not too sure how he upgraded his powers. At first I thought that earthquake was just him but later they imply it was a group of 20. Unless All for All has a not more allies than previously thought and they've been waiting in the wings this whole time like Gigantomachia. Hmm.

lmao, smart move to cut out Bakugo.

Eh fanservice. But Mt. Lady seems the obvious choice for PR.

So dense. :D :D

lol, Bakugo and Deku biffed Mt. Lady's interview practice.

The small use of Blackwhip was suggestive... but if he could do that in just 2 weeks, he's come along.

Reviving work study. Hmm.

Ah, so Hawks provided intel that the League is planning their next move.

Ooo, nice. Slice of life stuff. Figure this will be the last calm before the storm for awhile as I heard things start ramping up soon. I was under the impression Christmas wasn't as big a deal in Japan but I think it's getting more prevalent nowadays.

Eri can't get any cuter. Nope, she has with her holiday confusions.

Heh heh RPG huge sword envy. :D

Oooo, all 3 doing work study for Endeavor. Yes. I think he would be perfect to help Deku with Blackwhip, heh heh. And well, Bakugo is a shoe-in to be a protege.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. The interview with Bakugo and Todoroki was pretty funny. While Bakugo had developed and is better able to work alongside his classmates, he's still a loud, cocky angry kid, so he wouldn't do well in an interview. It was rather sweet how Todoroki believed that they were friends while Bakugo seemingly doesn't really know how people become friends. While there was some buildup to the villains' new attack with the news on Deika City, the episode was a lot more light hearted.

Even the lesson on how to handle interviews was rather cute and fun. Todoroki is pretty straightforward, so he wouldn't pick up on Mt. Lady's comments. The fact that he was so confused over people dying if he smiles was hilarious. Bakugo just telling people to shut up and trust him is pretty on brand for him. The idea of trying to teach him out to avoid the media doesn't really sound reasonable. Not only because of his attitude, but with his powers and his dream to become the Number One hero, he couldn't really avoid the press. Midoriya going from being shy to talking nonstop about his way of honoring All Might while finding his own attack name was pretty funny too. He still can't really use Black Whip that much, but even that small amount of process after two weeks is pretty impressive.

It was rather sweet how All Might was trying to make a notebook of previous One For All users for Midoriya. Restarting the Work Hero study programs so soon was a bit surprising. It gives the students more of a chance to polish their skills and see how pro heroes work in the field, but the fact that they mentioned that there was a shortage of heroes is rather suspicious.

I wasn't sure if they were going to bring up the traitor plot point again. It seemed like they wanted to make it clear that it wasn't any of the students. I wouldn't say that Mineta or Monoma have a heart of justice, but I understand what they were saying. It was cute how All Might was worried something happened to Midoriya when he just didn't realize what day it was.

The Class 1A Christmas party was just adorable. Seeing everyone dress up was cute, but Idia Clause makes me laugh every time. The only way that could have been better was if All Might had shown up also dressed as Santa Claus. Even though Bakugo hated his internship with Best Jeanist, that flashback implied that it did have an impact on him and he has been thinking more about his hero name. Bakugo is the only character without a hero name in the cast, although I believe Todoroki chose to go by his name as well. Eri showing up in such a cute outfit was adorable. Having her constantly mix up different holidays for Christmas was pretty funny too.

The party seemed like a lot of fun. They even managed to get Bakugo into a costume, which is basically a Christmas miracle in itself. While it definitely felt like a calm before the storm of the new arc, it was still nice to see the characters having fun together. Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki working under Endeavor's agency made sense. He is the new Number One hero, so that would help with all of their training. Overall, this was a pretty good and fun episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts