C&C - My Hero Academia - "Have a Merry Christmas!" [7/31]

Nobodyman

9pRVtWz.png
FfoZcwO.png

Opening Theme: "No. 1" by DISH
Ending Theme: "Ashiato" by the peggies

1627752311396.png

Previously on My Hero Academia: That night, Midoriya and Bakugo spar in Gym Gamma in hope of getting Blackwhip to manifest. Midoriya acknowledges that since he refused to use the quirk until he better mastered One For All, it won’t manifest until then. Bakugo leaves Midoriya deep in thought after pointing out how One For All has become quite similar to All For One. The next day, Aizawa brings Monoma to the dorm in hope of him being able to help Eri train by copying her quirk. Monoma is unable to do so as his quirk doesn’t work well with those that require energy to activate. With encouraging words from Midoriya, Eri still intends to master her quirk and the feeling is mutual for Midoriya. Having finally earned their Hero Licenses, Bakugo and Todoroki take to the snowy streets and defeat a gang of thieves called, Cider House. After they've been dealt with, the Bakugo and Shoto arrived back at the Heights Alliance, only to find out surprised by the rest of their Class congratulating them all for passing their exam. Izuku excitingly states that now they can do hero work together, causing Katsuki to rage telling him not to look down on him.

Tonight: It's Christmas at U.A. and the Class 1-A students celebrate with a Christmas party.

Notes: Tonight we get special back-to-back premiere episodes of MHA! Be sure to catch them at 12:00 and 12:30!

Also, this episode kicks off a somewhat controversial development in the anime (as if this season didn't have enough problems) in that it skips over the story arc that came next, sequentially, in the manga and goes ahead to the arc right after. I'm not exactly sure why this decision was made, bur rest assured that, since the skipped arc is very important to the overall story, it has very likely only been pushed back.

Oh, and Happy Christmas in July! (just barely)

Last edited:

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
.Also, this episode kicks off a somewhat controversial development in the anime (as if this season didn't have enough problems) in that it skips over the story arc that came next, sequentially, in the manga and goes ahead to the arc right after. I'm not exactly sure why this decision was made, bur rest assured that, since the skipped arc is very important to the overall story, it has very likely only been pushed back.​
Yeah, it'll be after this. We have info on who'll be playing the new characters in that arc. Strangely enough, to my understanding they don't even make an effort to shift the in-universe events around; It's basically stated that the events of that arc have already happened off-screen, and presumably when it does eventually get covered, it'll be presented as a long flashback.

I really hope the reason they've done this is to give their best animators as much time as possible to give those episodes their all. The skipped arc is, no joke, my favorite arc of the entire series and the only reason I'm even watching this season (the Joint Training arc was one of my least favorite arcs and the Endeavor Agency arc is fine, but continues the author's attempt to make Endeavor likable despite having been an abusive husband/father for decades), so I'll be pissed if they end up half-assing it.

Edit: Actually, I just realized the reason they probably did this is that there's a new MHA movie in Japan that specifically has the trio of Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki, so this arc kind of ties in with that.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Bakugo and Todoroki give a trio of pickpockets some decidedly un-good vibrations.

Cell visits Delta City.

And this is a Christmas episode?

animePWNS

1955-2024
Merry Christmas. And speaking of birthdays... I want my M-H-A!

Pretty grim opening for a Christmas episode.

Nobodyman

A city destroyed and Shigaraki goin' nuts. Boy, wouldn't it be interesting to find out what happened there?

Well, here's a silly Christmas episode everyone!

This is like one of the Doctor Who Christmas specials. The spirit is there, but there's also a fair chance you'll see some gruesome death.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
They're rebuilding quickly. What is this, SSSS.Gridman?

They seem pretty cool about it.

Gahhh! Vampire! And I don't mean Rindo from Food Wars!

Speaking of fan service vessels...

"Maybe you'll do better after training!"
Maybe you'll do better after anger management.

Nobodyman

Holy crap! Why is Satan a political commentator? ...I think I just answered my own question.

Mt. Lady!

Todoroki is clueless when it comes to girls. Cold as Ice, but by no means Hot Blooded.

Nobodyman

Yeah, let's put Deku on the spot why don't we?

So...when is the Christmas stuff gonna start.

Harley Quinn promo!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts