Hunter_x_Hunter_Chimera_Ant_talkback.png

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%252520132%252520-7%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Episode 132
"Flash × And × Start"
Chapters adapted: 308-309

This time:
With Meruem having returned to the palace, Knuckle and Meleoron are forced into a confrontation with him, while Palm and Ikalgo attempt to hide with the unconscious Komugi.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 29 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-99 are currently available across five Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The second Hunter x Hunter movie, ”The Last Mission”, will be releasing on Bluray and DVD on March 12th. The first movie, “Phantom Rouge”, is currently available.

Last edited:

Hypeathon

Meruem: "A game? UNGH!!"

YOU HAD ONE JOB YOU DIMWITTED BUTTERFLY MAN!!! ONE!! AND YOU ASSIGNED IT TO YOURSELF!!!

Meruem: "But if I win, you will tell me all that you are hiding!"

Well... damn!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
... Knuckle and Meleoron are done. Well that was a terrifying display of Meruem's power.

Glad they gave some confirmation this episode on Killua and Gon after least week's episode instead of... not revealing a thing.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Silly Meruem, games are for kids! But yeah, Togashi always finds a way to insert a game in any arc he writes.

Kinda cute that Komugi got tucked in nice and cozy in that bed. At least she'll be comfortable amidst all the rest of this chaos.

Lawren22

Yeah,Togashi is a huge lover of games of all kinds so he just can't help himself ( which is also why he ditches the manga to play Dragon Quest! Jk).

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
I'm still wondering how this story arc can possibly be resolved with Meruem being almost omnipotent.

Now I do not want to spoil you, but if you watched this episode very carefully there was a subtle clue dropped in the first five minutes about how that is going to be resolved.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I figure that Pouf and Youpi would be on the same page in regards to preventing Mereum from remembering Komugi. Mereum was so insanely overpowered that he captured Knuckle and Meleoron in an instant. I was so sure that they were going to die, but they were just knocked out so that he could gain some information. I'm also curious how this arc can be resolved when Mereum is so insanely powerful. I'm not sure if anything could defeat him at this point, let alone kill him.

Despite Pouf being so desperate to keep Mereum from remembering Komugi, he made a huge mistake with making that game. At least the setup also made it clear that Mereum knew that they were hiding something from him. That has been bothering me since he was revived, so I'm glad that he wasn't completely oblivious. I'm pretty sure that Mereum is going to win the game somehow, so I wonder how he'll react to finding out the truth and what he'll do to Pouf and Youpi. I'm also curious how they'll react to Pitou's death. I think that Pitou would have been more willing to help Mereum remember Komugi. They wouldn't have gone through so much to heal Komugi only for Mereum to not remember her. Pitou's death does kind of help Pouf's plan in that regard. While we didn't get much about them, I was glad to see Gon and Killua briefly. At least that was better than not knowing what happened after that explosion for another week, although I'm surprised that Killua doesn't look injured.

It was nice to see that Komugi was safe in the mist of all this chaos. I'm sure that Mereum will regain his memories of her at some point, but I wonder what he'll do once that happens. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I figure that Pouf and Youpi would be on the same page in regards to preventing Mereum from remembering Komugi. Mereum was so insanely overpowered that he captured Knuckle and Meleoron in an instant. I was so sure that they were going to die, but they were just knocked out so that he could gain some information. I'm also curious how this arc can be resolved when Mereum is so insanely powerful. I'm not sure if anything could defeat him at this point, let alone kill him.
One of his own attacks? EDIT: Scratch that. Too Namek saga.

At least that was better than not knowing what happened after that explosion for another week, although I'm surprised that Killua doesn't look injured.
I figured he used his lightning speed ability at the last second, grabbed Gon, and cleared the blast radius.

Last edited:

Lawren22

I wouldnt think Meruem would ever be so dumb or desperate enough to kill an enemy that he'd get hit by his own attacks like Frieza tbh ( nobodys even close enough in strength to push him to that point unlike with Frieza and Goku).
The next episode will make it more clear how this arc will end warning dont expect a big fight thought. Also yup,it's most likely Killua used Godspeed to get him and Gon out of there quick.

Mod note: Tag your spoilers, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts