C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Formidable Enemy × And × Clear Objective" [2/9]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png
Hunter_x_Hunter_Chimera_Ant_talkback.png

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%252520129%252520-%252520Large%25252024%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Episode 129
"Formidable Enemy × And × Clear Objective"
Chapters adapted: 302-303

This time:
Shaiapouf races to the palace, determined to kill Komungi before Meruem can arrive. But when he reaches there, he’s confronted by Killua.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 29 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-99 are currently available across five Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The second Hunter x Hunter movie, ”The Last Mission”, will be releasing on Bluray and DVD on March 12th. The first movie, “Phantom Rouge”, is currently available.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Dang, wished we got to see more of Killua's electric abilities.

At this point, feels like Meruem will get wise and execute Pouf for his duplicity.

Let's see if Gon will have a reason to get any angrier...

Lawren22

Always found it interesting that Meruem went through both a regression and progression here. On one hand he's more fair with his subordinates than he's ever been but on the other hand he went back to his original kill all humans plan which makes sense as he is no longer consciously remembers Komugi. He unconsciously still does though,those memories are trying to get to the surface and are even causing him physical pain. Kilua and Komugi's interactions were funny but the poor girl can't catch a break.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Still waiting for Shaiapouf to die already. This arc has lasted forever and the psycho has outstayed his welcome for way too long. Really wanted Killua to kill him. That 5 second fight scene was kind of cool. Except for the Meruem vs. Netero fight, battles are either ten episodes or five seconds it seems (both Shaiapouf fights where he flies away like a chicken).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I am somewhat surprised that Meruem hasn't picked up on Pouf's plan. Since they're all connected now, I doubt that Pouf would be able to fool Meruem. I'm also ready for Pouf to just die at this point. He was such a creep before, but it's even worse when he's just focused on killing Komugi before Meruem can see her again. I was really hoping for Killua to burn the rest of his cells away with that attack, but that didn't happen. I kind of wonder why Killua and the others haven't told Komugi anything. Granted, being blind would make it harder for her to believe some of their stories, but it would be better than telling her nothing, especially when she was intent on getting off of Killua after Pouf first confronted them.

The fact that Meruem can have some memory of Komugi does make me wonder how he'll react if he gets the chance to see her again. I'm still expecting Meruem to kill Pouf at some point, but that might be a too satisfying death for him since he already accepted that as a punishment. I also wonder how the subplot with Gon and Pitou will turn out given the cliffhanger ending. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Lawren22

Meruem connection with Pouf let's him sense his emotions but he can't like know exactly what he's thinking or read his mind. I would assume he knows something is up but dosent have a clue as too what and thus hasn't done anything yet. I'm not sure them telling Komugi would really help much. Not only is she blind and can't see that the ants are well ants but She sees Meruem as her friend or at least the closest thing she has to one,she probably wouldnt believe hes some op mutant ant king that wants to take over the world unless he told her so himself( and I always found it somewhat interesting that he didn't given how prideful about that he is )

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

R.I.P. Kabosu. You will be remembered as one of the most well-known meme dogs.
Oh! I got video of Chris doing "Two Princes".

Back from the gig now. That was really fun. Even if you're not into Spin Doctors, go see Chris Barron if he comes your way. He's a wonderful storyteller.
does anyone seen micahel Cataldo becoming like one of those goanimate people where they post the "my reaction to" videos
My reaction to PAW Patrol and Rubble & Crew airing on Nick on Saturday mornings:

Featured Posts