C&C - Fena: Pirate Princess - "Mutiny on the Blue Giant" [9/11]

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Last Time on Fena: Pirate Princess:
With the information they gained from Libar-Oberstein, the crew reaches Orleans where the mysterious stone was mined; Fena moves towards the far depths as she seems to be guided by a certain something.
1631287644719.png

1631287658204.png
1631287665925.png

OPENING: "Umi to Shinju" by JUNNA
ENDING: "Saihate" by Minori Suzuki
Synopsis: Trapped in the mine, Yukimaru and the samurai plan their escape in order to go after Fena; the kidnapped Fena is taken to a Royal Navy ship where Abel awaits.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on Fena: Less than a week as captain, and already she's been kidnapped.

Mutiny on the Blue Giant? Did we learn nothing from the Bounty?

Hello Captain Heartthrob.

Nobodyman

"I've been searching for you for ten long years."
Stalker alert!

She does look cute...in an awkward and humiliating sort of way.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
He's bishi. ...yeah, I don't trust him.

OH FOR CRAP SAKE KARIN THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU

So when do cannons start going off in Yosemite Sam's face?

Welcome aboard the H.M.S. Backstory.

Nobodyman

"I care for you so much Fena that I want to marry you, pump a bunch of babies into you, and keep you bound to the kitchen forever."

"We must find the legendary treasure One Piece-I mean Eden."

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"I care for you so much Fena that I want to marry you, pump a bunch of babies into you, and keep you bound to the kitchen forever."
"This is the part where I sow distrust of your colleagues so you'll blow them off when they inevitably try to rescue you."

Oh, everybody wants to rule the world.

"So now that you hate them and want to stay with me, could you make me a sandwich?"

That's no ship, that's an office building on water!

Last edited:

zoombie

In the first scene there goes my brother theory. At least I hope so, god help us if that is still on the table.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
If I hadn't just rewatched the season five finale of Rick and Morty before this, I would have blindly trusted bishi blondie there.

...no I wouldn't.

Nobodyman

Well, if it isn't Oliver Twisted.

Eden. Shangri-la. So many paradises.

"My mitts are not grubby, thank you very much."

Well, that literally shoots down that theory.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"The master will be here in twenty minutes, and he'd like you to wear this."
(holds up a sexy negligee)

The only thought that was going through Fena's mind was "oh no, not again."

ABEL IS MINE, YOU TWO-BIT WHORE! BACK OFF!

Okay, this whole abduction thing is really getting old.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You have a boner right now, don't you?

Oh good, a portrait. I thought it was a closet full of dresses he wanted her to try on.

And of course, the credits roll right when stuff's about to happen.

zoombie

Abel seems like a nice guy on the surface, but really he is just charming and uses it when it serves him. I think the man wants to sacrifice Fena so he can resurrect someone.

I feel bad for the female pirates, they did their job and than through out this episode they are just crapped on by Abel and company. If you have a superior I am better than you attitude towards the hired help fine, but at least pay them. Whatever they do next episode, Abel has it coming.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
It may be due to me only starting to check this out last week or that these aren't really the better episodes of the show, but I'm sorry. I can't get into this series, with me more than likely skipping next week's episode (and probably not even continuing to watch the show).

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, not too surprised that Abel was lying about our main group of samurai pirates being violent butchers. It seems like the end twist is that Abel wants to resurrect Fena's mother by going to Eden (apparently El Dorado was just a pointless red herring). It would be really creepy if Abel is Fena's father, but I'm trying to think of a less creepy reason why this person who's obsessed with Fena has her mom's pendant and apparently wants to resurrect her mom, is obsessed with both of them. We also learn that the samurai pirates want a super duper special Japanese sword. Every episode the things that happen in this show feel more and more random (what was the point of bringing up the legendary El Dorado if another legendary city is the real destination?). For those waiting for Fena to put on sunglasses and reveal she's not really a ditzy damsel in distress, but really the badass Fena the Stampede, looks like we have to wait longer as she seems like just a prize for Abel and Yukimaru to fight over, rather than a protagonist with her own agency. Next episode will be an action episode, so maybe it will be turn your brain off fun instead of bang your head against the wall frustrating. MyAnimeList is digging this show for some reason, but I'm trying to figure that appeal out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts