talkbacklogo.png
[​

Bleach 244​
Zanpakuto:Unknown Tales
Opening 11 - Anima Rosa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b9zr0ikaro&feature=related
Ending 21 - Sakurabito: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo73DI1xhhI​

Saturdays Nights at 12am on Adult Swim!

Last time:The war between the Zanpakuto and Soul reapers continued with many battles occuring! Kira faced off with Kazeshini and was able to take him down by merely tricking him with a clever strategy. Sadly, Kira got ambushed by Wabisuke and is now forced down because of his weight ability. Meanwhile. Soi Fon got ambused by her own Zanpakuto and Yumchika is now forced down by his Zanpakuto spirit as well. ........Oh and Ichigo vs Senbonzakura happened..for..about two-three minutes or so. I would have personally titled it "One on One! Kira vs Kazeshini!" since those two had the most interesting battle.

Today: Kenpachi decides to break out of Pierrot Stud- I mean out of a long nap and go on a rampage against all of the other Zanpakuto spirits. When there is Kenpachi, there is a very epic episode awaiting.

And like always, here is the Zanpakuto chart created by me and suggested by Neo Ultra Mike. This has all the up to date info on the Zanpakto Spirits as of this point in the arc so if you want to know about that, click the spoiler tag.

zanpakutochart.png

Starting at the top left to right!

Zangetsu: Zangetsu is Ichigo's sword spirit and he has helped Ichigo train back in the "The Substitute Arc" and the "Soul Society Arc" in order to teach him the Getsuga Tensho and help achieve his bankai form. We haven't seen Zangetsu since the Bount arc and he didn't appear with Hollow Ichigo in the Arrancar arc. He joined Muramasa for awhile and helped him reach into Ichigo and pull out Hollow Ichigo, the other power source of Ichigo Zangetsu would normally be bonded to if Murmasa wasn't pulling his tricks. Ichigo beat him though and is now back to normal with Ichigo knowing Muramasa brainwashed the zanpaktos with his powers and can't be taken by him again.

Senbonzakura: Byakuya's Sword Spirit; who takes the form of a masked samurai in full-body armor. He holds just as much pride as his previous master and he recently took it upon himself to make Byakuya somehow disappear with his "Thousand blades" technique.He recently tested Byakuya to see if he was a traitor by having him take down Rukia's Zanpakuo spirit. After testing Byakuya's loyalty, he aided him in defeating Zabimaru easily with the use of his bankai, and is now fighting Ichigo being surprised he had to use Bankai against him... even though he's had to when Byakuya fought against the trained Ichigo and he did like three episodes ago.

Suzumebachi
Soi Fong's Zanpakuto spirit who is the size of a bee and has a stinger for an arm. Unlike her master, she has no interest in Yoruichi and thinks Soi Fon's clothes are the worst fashion statement ever. She has just stung Soi Fong once and.....honestly she could probably take out all of the other soul reapers if she had the brain to think about it.

Kazeshini: Hisagi's Zanpakuto spirit who takes the form of a red demon like figure who loves to fight. He seems to love the phrase "Kill and Slaughter!!" His blades were revealed awhile back and now he's engaged in a battle with Hisagi. Wanting to show the true nature of his weapon is taking lifes, like his former partner, who escaped thanks to Kira's help which annoyed the inner thrill to kill everyone swords. He has recently suffered defeat from Kira and now has been tied up..for now.

Haienko: A cat spirit with a large booty who seems to enjoy talking about how beautiful she is. She's Rangiku Matsumoto's Zanpkato spirit and has been described by her former owner as rude, selfish, lazy and whiny. Which I'm sure is NOTHING at all like Miss Matsumoto. She not only has a massive crush on Hynoimaru but seems to constantly get into arguments with Tobiume who she seems to hate for being uppity and flat chested. And also calls her former owner old, even though she dosen't look a day over 30, despite probably being twice that actual age. She was recently tied up together with Tobiume after being outsmarted by Rangiku and Hinamori. For reasons I can't fathom both were caged instead of beaten to the point of going back into the sword and thanks to Byakuya are now on the loose again.

Tobiume: Momo Hinamori's sword spirit. A young maiden who wears traditional Japanese clothing and holds two bells with a dull voice who likes throwing fireballs around. She also fancies Hynomiaru and also argues constantly with Haienko, hating her for being crude and skanish. Also really dislikes her old master for trying to think the best of eveyrone and being naieve. You know like a lot of people did after seeing she still might of been mind screwed by Aizen. She was recently tied up together with Haienko after being outsmarted by Hinamori and Rangiku. But are now back on the loose again thanks to Byakuya even though you'd think their arc would be over but... guess someone likes keeping them around.

Sode no Shirayuki: Rukia's sword spirit who takes the form of a beautiful white maiden. She recently just attacked Rukia and seems to have the total interest of killing her. It's revealed she wants to be free to do whatever she wants and after a long fight with Rukia was actually severly damaged by her to the point and seeing how far Rukia would go so she wouldn't hurt innocents actually made her start caring some more about what happened to her master it seems.She was recently destroyed by Byakuya, who took her down for the sole purpose of proving his loyalty to Muramasa. Her sword remains were handed over to Rukia who was shocked by these turn of events.

Gonryomaru: A man dressed up as a ronin traveler. Who uses lightning abilities against his opponents. ..Wait.....lightning? Somebody actually has a original power that hasn't been shown yet? Yes that's right it's the sword spriit of the Chojiro Sasiukabe aka the lieuntant of squad one. Who is annoyed at him not being recongnized due to well how little of an impression his former master made. Since yeah his former master dosen't even seem to be in this arc and last I checked the only fight we've ever seen him in had him defeated in one blow. Yeah that's right someone in this series fails harder then Renji if you want to believe that.

???:A mysterious spirit masked in a green cloak seen with some other spirits attacking Yamamoto though no one knows yet what happened next...

Zabimaru: A Woman with Monkey fur around her body and a kid with a snake tail who are attached to each other by a collar. They are the Zanpakto of Renji Abarai. Originally just a monkey and snake they're true forms are quite different (perhaps thanks to Renji possibly altering his Zanpakto if that one Shinigami's Cup is to be believed). And though they argue and bicker a lot with one another, they hate Renji even more for being so pathetic and plan on crushing the show's ultimate soul reaper Jobber. They were later defeated by Renji's spirit to never give up and they came to their senses and realized they were being controlled by Muramasa, though they still seem to be able to pop back into sword spirits whenever they want. They lost against Senbonzakura but are now going to help Renji fight Byakuya and... well probably fail again but maybe actually do some damage this time around.

Ashisogi Jizo: A golden baby with wings? Honestly, only some major freaky character would even dare have such a spirit! That's why he's Mayuri Kurotsuchi's Zanpakto (since honestly the face of this guy gives that away). He's now fluttering in front of Isane and Iba for... some reason. Will he actually give them a fight or will we see how much they wind up failing as lieuntants?

Bottom left to right:

???:Two very curious looking twin children spirits dressed in blue also seen attacking Yamamoto.

Tenken: A red man who has fire in his mouth and stands tall with tons of power.. The Zanpakto of Sajin Komamura who just struck a powerful blow against his former master. He seems to partner up with Gonryomaru as the two of them are fighting against Soi Fon as they seem ot make a kind of unusual tag team.

Hozukimaru':: Ikakku's Zanpakuto Spirit. He resembles an oni with dark brown skin and long messy orange hair. Unlike Ikakku, he has no fear over using his bankai against his opponents which he used to hurt his former master before taking off. He then fought Ikkaku again recently and after using all of his power, Hozikmaru was defeated and fell along with his master so... he may be restored or may not as honestly everyone but Renji, Ichigo and Hitsguya (even uninteonally) don't even have their sword spirits back.

Ruri iro Kujaku:A blue haired man who wears bandages with feathers. If he looks familar it's because he's Yumikchika's sword spirit and seems to be about as vein and fashion concious as his former partner. What seperates him though is caring more about appearence, hates being called Fuji Kukaju and has no problem using his full power which is a lesson one can only hope is pased on to his arrogantly vein master. He is currently taking down Yumichika easily with his true ability

Hynomiaru :A man with light blue hair with a giant X mark covering his face. He is Toshiuru Hitsuguya's zanpakto, though he had no idea of that first. He recently regained his memories after fighting Hitsugaya and now sees the child as his master again even though Hitsugya's hurt but hey at least he has his zanpakto on his side at least.

Wabisuke: Kira's extremely unhealthy looking Zanpakuto. Hes a skinny man with a giant weight who seems to love enjoying coming out of nowhere to ambush others with his weight ability. He is currently mocking Kira for letting his guard down after defeating Kazeshini.

???: A...robot..? I....don't know...what this thing is! Maybe he belongs to....

???: A mysterious woman with purple hair(with a skull on it) and has her face masked up. She looks like she could join the Kakashi fan club and was one of the ones who was shown going against Yamamoto.

???: A mysterious woman with purple hair and has a whole crossbone skull decoration on it.

Gegetsuburi: Omaeda's Zanpakuto spirit. Just like his wielder he is obnoxious and holds more speed than what his looks tell you. Ichigo was able to easily take him out without much trouble due to Omaeda being knocked out and has been taken ot be researched on by Mayuri. Supposedly killed but since this is a filler arc I really doubt that's for good.

The Last Row

Muramasa: Nothing much is known about him except that he somehow started the Zanpakuto rebellion with his mysterious power to seperate them from their former Soul Reaper masters. He is now the leader of the Zanpakto Spirits and is suspected that behind his blood tears and uber long fingernails, he has a specific hate filled reasoning behind this attack on Soul Society. Is that true and if so what could it be? That may be awhile but for now this guy is by the biggest threat fighting our heroes. He clashed with Ichigo and had Zangetsu follow his commands. After revealing he killed his master he then gets the Hollow Side of Ichigo out and now and fights him. He was about to finish off Hollow Ichigo until Ichigo protected his hollow half. He was then kicked out of Ichigo's body thanks to Ichigo's inner will. After that he started wandering around The Land of Menos killing hollows for... well he said something about his body being stabalized though how that make sense I don't know. Anyway he still seems in pretty bad shape but managed to escape thanks to Byakuya's arrival on his side and has sent the Zanpakto on a mission to the Soul Society for some reason.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED: No talks of future arcs, events, and etc! All Bleach spoilers must be taken to either the anime forum or during private messaging! This thread is about this episode only!

Fake Karakura Town Continues in: 22 Episodes

Notes:
As Neo Ultra Mike mentioned last week, the Bleach anime is indeed ending at the end of this month in Japan. The last episode is 366 and most likely the dub will be able to have less breaks now because of this. It will be interesting to see other people's thoughts when we reach towards the "conclusion" to the anime for now.
Enjoy the episode guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

zoombie

Kenpachi can wipe out all the Zanpaktu in no time if he wanted to. He will restore some pride and honor to the shinigami whose preformance has been embarassing to say the least.

Nobodyman

Previously on Bleach

Fighting, fighting, fighting, and more fighting.

Well, this week we get to see Kenpachi, so hopefully that'll be a bit more interesting.

"Looks like you guys have been going about this all wrong."

Uh, yeah. You could definitely say that.

uhhhhhhhhhh....not liking the new voice it doesnt have that sutble awesomness of his old voice at all but other than its pretty much kenpachi zaraki ^.^ people are gonna die

Last edited by a moderator:

Rynnec

Kenpachi slashes and creates an explosion that kills everyone in the immediate area.

Well, this was a quick arc. Oh well, been fun, see ya guys later!

Holy crap, Kenpachi vs Byakuya? Okay, I'm cool with this.

Nobodyman

ewwwwww....not liking the new voice it doesnt have that sutble awesomness of his old voice at all but other than its pretty much kenpachi zaraki ^.^ people are gonna die
Huh. I didn't even notice that Kenpachi got a new VA. But yeah, now that I'm listening, he does sound a little different.

Okay, can the guy with the chicken head please stop talking about aesthetics? And, you know, in general?

zoombie

Kenpachi vs Byakura now this is what I want to see. This is why this filler arc is so popular. This time no Gin to get in the way.

Huh. I didn't even notice that Kenpachi got a new VA. But yeah, now that I'm listening, he does sound a little different.

Okay, can the guy with the chicken head please stop talking about aesthetics? And, you know, in general?

It makes me wonder why david lodge wasnt doing the lines for this hopefully its just for filler :(

Nobodyman

Kenpachi vs Byakura now this is what I want to see. This is why this filler arc is so popular. This time no Gin to get in the way.
How much you wanna bet that the fight will end prematurely with no clear victor?

Hypeathon

Wait.... Pactrick Seitz? Pactrick Sritz is Kenpachi now? Not gonna go "eewwww" or anything (really don't think that's necessary), but what the heck happened to David Lodge? Kinda makes me wonder if Jiraiya's voice will change.

zoombie

How much you wanna bet that the fight will end prematurely with no clear victor?

Yeah and by a zanpaktu owned by the most annoying captain in the series.

Funny thing is, as much as I love to see these two battle, I love the bromance they had in Hueco Mundo. They are my favorite Bleach crack ship. Kenpachi and Byakura work well together either way. Either fighting to the death or accurately close bonding.

RockmanDash

Retired
Ehh..I'm not a fan of Kenpachi's new VA to be honest. The voice itself sounds less creative and doesn't have nearly as much emotion, but I suppose it will take time for the VA to adjust to the role.

Radical

Banned
Kenpachi RULES!!!!!!

Episode 244 was super awesome!!!!!!

The highlights:
Kenpachi finally joining the battlefield is gonna be EPIC:D:D!!!!!!!
Kenpachi having a new voice surprised me, but David Lodge's voice for him is more better though.
Kenpachi easily defeating Wabisuke, awesome, but poor Wabisuke would of had more screentime since he was so cool/creepy, not cool Noriaki "Tite" Kubo.
Yaaaaaay, cool to see Yachiru who's so cute/hilarious.
Ruri-iro Kujaku said some good points on Yumichika's flaws.
So Kenpachi/Yachiru were out slaying Hollows and got lost, I knew it!!!!!
I love the cute crayon drawing scenes of Kenpachi/Yachiru, so reminding me of Team Rocket: Jessica(Jessie)/James/Meowth's evil Pokemon-catching plan flashbacks:anime:.
Kenpachi vs. Senbonzakura along with Kenpachi overwhelming poor Senbonzakura with his enormous spiritual power was super awesome.
Yumichika/Kenpachi's great speeches.
Tengen pulling Gonryomaru up was funny.
Soi Fon vs. Suzumebachi in another location, sweet, I find it funny with Soi Fon fighting with such a tiny opponent, hahahahahaha.
Kenpachi vs. Byakuya, awesome, it's about time those two longtime Soul Reaper captain rivals finally duke it out, YYEESS:D:D!!!!!!!
Yumichika defeating Ruri-iro Kujaku, sweet.
Shinigami Illustrated Picturebook: Gonryomaru wanting to be buried by Tengen, hahahahaha, I so love those hilarious Bleach omakes.

Luna

Daydreamer
I didn't like Kenpachi's VA change (maybe I'll get used to it later on,though..I just don't like when characters have their voice actors change,especially when the new voice doesn't sound much like the old one)...Other than that,not bad....My favorite part was Yachiru's crayon drawing,and her explaining that she and Kenpachi were out slaying Hollows and got lost,which is why they haven't been around...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I guess at least the title is accurate. "Kenpachi's arrived... and we're going to milk that for all it's worth". Yeah I know there was this big deal of him appearing in Hueco Mundo to fight Nnotoria but I think this anime filler made a bigger deal of that showing how much his spirtual pressure blew everyone away and their impressions of him. I did like him taking apart Wabisuke quickly (who showed to be the smartest Zanpakto by only talking when needed and just attacking everyone from behind so I'm glad he didn't have a long battle to show him making stupid mistakes) and clearing the field so he could fight Byakuya. I was reminded the first time I saw this episode that Kenpachi's always wanted to fight Byakuya to the death but has never been able to, which now looks like it will change with Byakuya now on the villians side. Then again filler arc so no one will die but interesting to see how that progresses. Rest of the episode though wasn't too good as besides a couple of decent moves Kenpachi vs Byakuya wasn't good, everyone else was more posing and fighting, except for Yumichikka and Rurijo-Kujaku whose battle ended. And yeah... I'm still on Rurijo-Kujkau's side who wanted to fight with his full power and not feel any shame in it and Yumichikka who only won by exploiting his zanpakto's pride in his own abilities. Yeah yeah "I will win by everyithng I have" except for the fact that really if your opponents weren't so forgiving/talkative/idiotic you would of lost and you still had to use full power against them anyway, just when everyone else's backs were turned. It's like I said before: Kenpachi's cool because he dosen't want to die in battle and only holds back to enjoy a fight and has no problem giving all he has to defeat an opponent and is only annoyed if that makes the fight shorter. He's not a whiner or annoying about it like Ikkaku and Yumickikka though at least Ikkaku's been knocked around before about his stubbornness while Yumichikka still gets to act like it's a prideful thing even though it shouldn't be. Overall I guess not that bad an episode as Kenpachi did bring up the interest some but not as much as he or the animation team could of really

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.

Featured Posts