C&C - Ninja Kamui Talkback Thread [2/10-5/4]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Oh gee, they killed off the female character. Who saw that coming?

"Weakness is a sin."
Oh, are we sitting in on one of Bezos Zuckermusk's board meetings?

Uhh, you're stabbing a human pin cushion there.

Nobodyman

Previously on Ninja Kamui: Somewhere in the night sky, a shuriken-shaped star goes out.

Don't bite the hand that kills you.

Nobodyman

Uh, I remember taking Robitussin, but there's nothing sweet about that.

Hey! Only two of them are legitimate terrorists! And one of them's dead.

Wanted: Dead or Alive. But in Emma's case the option has already been decided.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
And this show just got a bit less interesting.

So long as it keeps him from retweeting posts from transphobic children's book writers.

"Otherwise, you won't be making any friends."
He doesn't have friends, only followers.

They haven't banned ChikTak yet?

Jason, you greenlit this show. Try to keep up.

Do you always go around punching and stabbing corpses?

Oh, fighting's your answer for EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Another backstory episode.

Oh yeah, I guess we're in the last three episodes. You're doing well so far Ninja Kamui, just don't crash and burn at the finish line like Fena.

They were in Iraq?

TOM and SARA on Safari.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
The Snake eyes trio.

All right, it's been a while since we had one of these moments.

How many wars could you win with a guy like that?

And just like any Naruto squad, the girl stands back and does nothing.

Abandoned by parents and raised by crows. Sounds like a Venture Bros. villain origin story.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

"Alright son, just stay on this mountain while your father and I go out for cigarettes."

Raised by crows? That's a new one.

I just want to know what family reunions are like for him.

Oh, credits.

Auza's dirty deeds. Not done dirt cheap.

Huh. Didn't think we'd be going into a full-blown fight already.

"We don't need no stinkin' mechas!"

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
We're gonna go have a kid now have fun byyyyyyyyye.

When you're a mecha-ninja, you're a mecha-ninja all the way.

Corruption in a government agency? Surely not.

And next week we go full hand signals.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Once it became clear he's friends with crows/are his family, couldn't stop thinking about the Rick and Morty episode, lol.

Boy they like going back to the well over and over on the CEO being a temperamental punk. Still rooting for Jason to take him down.

Well Higan's suit didn't last long. Guess it'll be fisticuffs next week and Higan will barely win. Then it's time to deal with Yamaji. With only 2 episodes left, hope this isn't going to be a Cowboy Bebop kind of ending.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Those who hated the CGI mech suits got their wish. This seems like a shonen style "feel bad for the villain" flashback episode. Next week, we go full Naruto again with hand signs and everything. I do feel the hate for the mech suits was overblown, but then again, I have a soft spot for the mecha genre. Don't agree with the people who think the mecha suits ruined the show or caused its downfall.

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
Interesting that Zai appears to be a test subject for Yamaji's project to recruit outsiders into the ninja organization. That flashback seems to imply he was a foreign orphan brought in to prove that non-Japanese people could be trained as ninja and operate at the highest level. Obviously the old man had been plotting his takeover for a very long time.

It's also nice to see that the quality of the fight animation seems to be staying at the same high level as we head to the finale. My own theory is that the mecha suits were added to use cheaper CGI effects for a few episodes so the budget be saved for the final battles. That preview of the next episode looked insane with the visual jutsu Higen and Zai were using and makes me look forward to it.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
1713539453395.png

Episode 11
1713539468259.png

Saturday at 12:00 AM (EST) (Dub)/Saturday at 3:00 AM (EST) (Sub)
OPENING: Vengeance by coldrain
ENDING: Eye Openers by Jessica Gelinas

Synopsis: Higan wins his duel against Zai, but stops short of killing him; Joseph sends his mercenaries to attack the ninja hideout after cutting his ties with Yamaji; Mike figures out the key to decrypting the data Emma left behind.​

Nobodyman

Previously on Ninja Kamui: "Mech suits? Where we're fighting, we don't need mech suits!"

And now for what would have been the penultimate episode.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: How dare you give up this cult to raise a family!

Those who threaten this clan by leaving it shall be eliminated!

And now a Naruto episode breaks out.

Nobodyman

No OP. That's how you know it's going to be a really good episode.

Enough Gundam, now for some Naruto fighting.

OMG, he's ninja Two Face!

Seriously, burning a guy's face is the most surefire way to create a super villain.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.

Featured Posts