"The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+ Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Bat-Fan Beyond

bookofbobafett.jpg

Joe Johnston Trying To Get George Lucas To Do A Boba Fett Movie?

I can hear people saying "Why? It's unnecessary! Boba Fett is overrated!"

And you may all be right, but at the same time, I think it would be very very cool! Especially if it shows the transition from Boba Fett as a kid to him taking up the mantle of Jango Fett as a bounty hunter.

Joe Johnston must really like characters with rocket packs and helmets -- first The Rocketeer, and now Boba Fett?

bobafett.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be a pretty interesting film. Boba Fett's rise to fame as a bounty hunter in a galaxy falling to Hell in the wake of the rising Empire sounds like a good story to me.

Michael24

Staff member
Interesting. It would be neat to have some Star Wars spin offs, and Boba Fett is obviously a big enough name to build such a film around. I would definitely see it if Joe Johnston directed, as I'm a big fan of his work and have liked everything he's done so far. He also has of an old school style of filmmaking, so that could bring a unique feel to the movie that sets it apart somewhat from the other films, while still being part of the same series.

CyclonatorZ

With all the complaning I've done about Star Wars's devolution into a giant slobbering cash cow, you'd think I'd be opposed to this, but honestly, as long as it was Joe Johnson directing and making the final decisions, I actually think the idea has potential. The single biggest problem with modern Star Wars has been George Lucas's iron fist management (and derailment) of the franchise, and with him out of the picture or at least not in the forefront, a project like this might not suffer from the same problems that plagued the prequels and now the Clone Wars TV show.

Bat-Fan Beyond

Interesting. It would be neat to have some Star Wars spin offs, and Boba Fett is obviously a big enough name to build such a film around. I would definitely see it if Joe Johnston directed, as I'm a big fan of his work and have liked everything he's done so far. He also has of an old school style of filmmaking, so that could bring a unique feel to the movie that sets it apart somewhat from the other films, while still being part of the same series.

I agree. I think this would make for a great western/swashbuckling/espionage/sci-fi/action/adventure film!

And I didn't even realize that Boba Fett, as well as many other Star Wars characters and vehicles, were originally designed by Joe Johnston. That's awesome!

Michael24

Staff member
And I didn't even realize that Boba Fett, as well as many other Star Wars characters and vehicles, were originally designed by Joe Johnston. That's awesome!
I think he's even indirectly responsible for the Clone Troopers, because if I remember correctly, I believe they're actually based on one of his earlier Boba Fett designs. :)

Astrolupine

Man on the wing.
What a neat bit of trivia!

Anyway, sure why not? I'm not interested in a Sequel Trilogy anyway, so give us a SW spinoff or two.

Plus I'm always up for actually giving Fett a personality. He's always been incredibly cool-looking, but bland in character.

NOTE: Jeremy Bulloch, the original Boba actor, is incredibly nice. Stop by his booth if you're ever at a con.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
As cool as a movie would be, I've always heard he was going to be part of the live-action TV series that takes place between Episodes 3 and 4.

Bat-Fan Beyond

Michael24 said:
I think he's even indirectly responsible for the Clone Troopers, because if I remember correctly, I believe they're actually based on one of his earlier Boba Fett designs. :)

Yeah, it's obvious there's a connection visually. Technically, he should be given some, if not all, credit with the creation of Jango too.

Astrolupine said:
Plus I'm always up for actually giving Fett a personality. He's always been incredibly cool-looking, but bland in character.

Well now, I wouldn't say "bland." I think the simple fact that he was underused and a man of very few words is what made him so intriguing and it was that mystique that caused him to become so popular. He's kind of like Snake Eye in G.I. Joe or how Wolverine used to be; A mysterious, cool looking character that appeared to be someone not to be trifled with. But I definitely think there's room to expand, as long as they don't turn him into Deadpool or something. He should still be a mostly silent gunslinging space bounty hunter.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Honestly I've always loved me some Boba Fett so I'm all for it as long as Lucas doesn't ruin it.

Jedigreedo

Chill. It's only an opinion.
My reaction is indeed "why?" but not because I think the Fett is overrated, I just think he's already oversaturated. Boba Fett was very cool, but that was when we didn't know anything about him and he was just a mysterious armored guy that you only knew you didn't want to be on the bad, or profitable, side of. Unfortunately, the clone origin has completely abolished any sort of mystery about him. It's really sad when you consider Jango Fett was a lame attempt to cash in on the Boba Fett allure, and now with Boba being a clone of THAT, it only makes me think of him as his own grandfather, err, ripoff.

Maybe some sort of animated direct-to-DVD movie could be interesting, but an actual theatrical movie? There's really no way to do it that would bring any new respect to the character. Either it'd have to be about Kid/Teen-Boba, which is one of the most annoying things to come out of the Star Wars franchise, or you'd have to make adult Boba speak more in order to be interesting for an audience. That'd further kill any real mystery about him, so... yeah. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing substantial was revealed about Boba Fett until twenty years after his debut. I think that's respectable length of "Ooh, I'm mysterious~!"

Manga4life

DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan (both OT & PT) and even I wouldn't really care much for a whole film centered around Boba Fett, it just doesn't seem like the kind of film that would excite me when it comes to the Star Wars saga but I'd probably still see it anyway. If anything, I think they should do something with The Old Republic so we can see what the universe was like long before Phantom Menace, it would be great to see the Jedi in their true prime as well as the Sith, but sadly I doubt we will ever see another real Star Wars film ever again.

Oh, and yes, Boba Fett IS overrated within the Star Wars saga, he's a cool character and all and he serves his purpose but I don't see why he has such a massive fandom like he does. Especially among the collectors and the ammount of merchandise that's produced with his likeness.

suss2it

Oh, and yes, Boba Fett IS overrated within the Star Wars saga, he's a cool character and all and he serves his purpose but I don't see why he has such a massive fandom like he does. Especially among the collectors and the ammount of merchandise that's produced with his likeness.
It's because he looks cool.

Young Justice

Silent Master Apprentice
How about a new Trilogy after Return of the Jedi?

There were a rumour that Lucas had planned not 6 movies when he released Episode 4, but 9 ones. 3 trilogies. The one in the middle: 4,5, and 6, one before it: Episodes 1 to 3 and a trilogy after that was not released until now.

I don't know if this rumour had any roots with the truth but wouldn't be nice if we had a trilogy of Luke Skywalker as a Jedi Master with a padawan of his own, the descendants of Han Solo and Leia Organa and all?

What do you think about it?

I know there were plenty of novels and comics that portray that era. Maybe these comics could be adapted into a series of movies, or that this new triolgy will tell a story that happened in the same time of those comics.

Michael24

Staff member
Not to derail the thread into a Star Wars franchise sidebar, but . . .

Young Justice said:
There were a rumour that Lucas had planned not 6 movies when he released Episode 4, but 9 ones. 3 trilogies. The one in the middle: 4,5, and 6, one before it: Episodes 1 to 3 and a trilogy after that was not released until now.
While Lucas has long denied he ever had a "three trilogy" concept for the series ("It was always intended to be six films," he'll say), there's a very telling picture in J.W. Rinzler's The Making of The Empire Strikes Back that shows a breakdown of the franchise in Lucas' handwriting, suggesting at least eight films marked as follows:

"Prelude: Episode One"
"Clone War Trilogy: Episode Two - Four"
"Epilogue/Prologue: Episode Five"
"Star Wars Trilogy: "Episode Six - Eight"

The page in the photo cuts off there, but mostly likely it continued with "Epilogue: Episode Nine." So despite what he says, he was at one time thinking about doing the series as nine films and obviously changed things as he went along (to be expected when spending almost several years making three films), but I find it funny that he continues to deny his early intentions as if it's some major secret he wishes to keep covered up.

In any event, it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see Episodes 7-9. But I think some DTV spin-offs would be ideal. Lucas has expressed his admiration for the Knights of the Old Republic era from the comics, so no doubt they could explore it in the form of CGI. And heck, I would absolutely love to see Brian Daley's The Han Solo Adventures adapted as a trilogy of DTVs, and they could get Perry King from the radio dramas to reprise his role as Han Solo. That would be all kinds of win in my book. :D

Manga4life

DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
There will never be another Star Wars film made by George Lucas, that doesn't mean that he won't allow his kids to make one someday or that he wouldn't allow someone else to step in and film one, but he said himself numerous times that he's done making Star Wars films. One of the the DVD releases of Star Wars there is a DVD called Empire of Dreams (or something like that) where they explain that there was 12 parts of the Star Wars saga written and then it was condensed into what would be 3 films with enough material to make more films in the future, so my guess is that they just crammed all 12 parts into the 6 films and that was it. I HATE the expanded universe but for fans looking for more Star Wars I guess there is plenty of material to read and consume there.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Will Boba Fett actually DO SOMETHING in this movie, or is he just going to do what he's best at (stand around in the background, say 4 things, and appear on screen for a total of 3 minutes)?

Should Daniel Logan or Temuera Morrison play Boba Fett in this movie?

I am kind of worried about this movie. I'm hoping it's an origin, and stays an origin. I don't want this movie or any movie have him survive the Sarlacc pit. If Boba Fett survives, the now official Star Wars cannon (which doesn't include the expanded universe - where Boba Fett survives) might as well be discredited or be under complete scrutiny.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.

Featured Posts