"Batman '66 (2013 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman '66" - Rate and Comment on this DC Comics title!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Road to Gotham

If BATMAN 66 Meets the Legion of the Super Heroes is the last story in this line(I Hope Not), then it was
a good send off.
Nice to see Egghead as the main Batman villain.
Very Good Story and Art by Mike and Lee Allred.

Spider-Man

I hope it's not the last Batman '66 release! I just realized that Batman'66 Meets the Legion of Super Heroes might not get collected if there's nothing else coming out. I picked up the comic but I'm hoping we'll get more so it and whatever else comes out will get collected. What other crossovers or events could they do? What could work as the final Batman '66 story?

hobbyfan

I started thinking of Batman '66-HB crossovers after my last post.

Batman teaming with Jonny Quest, Birdman, Frankenstein, Jr., or the oft-forgotten Young Samson & Goliath. Maybe the whole bunch as part of a 6+ issue miniseries?

Spider-Man

Comes out in July. Mostly Archie Comics talent on this one, with Jeff Parker writing. Should've seen this coming, as they're just about out of ideas for crossovers.
You should've seen this coming as this was rumored in the works since last summer.

And there's nothing wrong with crossovers either. Enjoy the fun of them. If you don't want to read them then don't read them. I'm really excited about the Archie/Batman crossover and the above idea of Hanna Barbara crossovers is genius!

I hope that the Batman 66/LOSH crossover gets collected somewhere soon too. I have the issue but I'd also like to get it in a trade too. That's the only Batman '66 issue not to be collected yet.

hobbyfan

You should've seen this coming as this was rumored in the works since last summer.

And there's nothing wrong with crossovers either. Enjoy the fun of them. If you don't want to read them then don't read them. I'm really excited about the Archie/Batman crossover and the above idea of Hanna Barbara crossovers is genius!

I hope that the Batman 66/LOSH crossover gets collected somewhere soon too. I have the issue but I'd also like to get it in a trade too. That's the only Batman '66 issue not to be collected yet.

Since Batman '66/LOSH was a 1-shot, I'd think DC will wait until this next miniseries wraps before issuing a TPB.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Caped Crusaders team up with the gang from Riverdale!

ARCHIE MEETS BATMAN '66 #1

ArchieBatman_01_CoverA_Allred-666x1024.jpg

Script: Jeff Parker, Michael Moreci
Art: Dan Parent, J. Bone, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Jack Morelli

Two iconic comic book characters meet up for the FIRST TIME in this historic crossover mini-series! A battle in Gotham City extends its reach into Riverdale—with Mr. Lodge becoming enemy #1 of the dynamic duo! Now it’s up to Veronica to recruit some help and place a call… to the Batcave!

Discuss this latest Batman '66 crossover!

Spider-Man

Dan Parent's art was great and I like how he was able to bring the Batman'66 world into Archie's without it sticking out too much or looking out of place. It's no surprise that Batman '66 works really well with the Archie gang. A big treat was seeing his take on so many of the Batman villains and his version of Poison Ivy. Seeing the United Underworld again was also really cool. I can't praise the art enough. The story was okay but I thought it was a little lacking. It definitely reads more like an Archie comic than a Batman '66 comic but I guess that makes sense given Archie's name is first in the title. A fun series and if this is the last Batman 66 mini-series then it looks like they are going out on a high note!

hobbyfan

I don't think we're done with the miniseries just yet. I can think of a few ideas, pending licenses and copyrights:

Get Smart
Captain Nice
Mr. Terrific (1967 CBS series produced by Universal)
Jonny Quest
The Monkees (hey, if Archie gets to meet them, why not Batman?)

Road to Gotham

I enjoyed the 1st issue of ARCHIE MEETS BATMAN 66.
All the main characters had a part.

Burgess Meredith did have a guest appearance on THE MONKEES.
Dressed as the PENGUIN. Only difference he wearing a black top hat instead of purple.

PenguinMonkees.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.

Featured Posts