Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "T'Chanda" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this "Avengers Assemble" episode!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther Quest, tonight starting at 9:00PM ET!

NtouNqC.png
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "T'Chanda"
Episode Debut - January 13th, 2019

Black Panther discover secrets about his grandfather, T'Chanda.

*Mark Hamill (Star Wars films) guest stars as Arnim Zola and Hayley Atwell (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) returns as Peggy Carter.

The episode also features Stan Lee's final appearance in animation, following many memorable and popular roles. More details here.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Frontier

Staff member
I almost kind of feel bad for Klaw. It's like he's gotten roped into being T'Challa's weaselly sidekick :rolleyes2:.

I was expecting the featuring of the past Black Panthers would involve T'Challa teaming-up with his ancestors through time travel, but it looks like instead it's going to revolve around T'Challa reliving the adventures of past Black Panthers, which is still cool :cool:.

It was pretty awesome getting to see T'Chanda in action, especially in a more classic Black Panther suit with a cape. He at first seems to embody the more traditional Wakandan king by being a strong, uncompromising, isolationist but over the episode we see more of his noble spirit and values that would eventually get passed onto T'Challa :anime:.

I did find it interesting that T'Chanda's portrayal in this episode felt more like how T'Chaka is usually portrayed when we see him as Black Panther, which makes me more curious to see what the show's take on T'Chaka might be like :confused:.

I loved the Dora Milaje of T'Chanda's time having afro's. I'd love it if all these flashbacks give us a glimpse of the Dora's throughout the ages ;).

Y'know, a lot of T'Challa and Cap's dynamic has been predicated in part on the friendship and history between Cap and T'Chanda, but here we see that T'Chanda both trusted and considered Howard Stark a friend before he even met Cap. Which not only makes you question how T'Chanda and Howard became so close but also puts an interesting perspective on the heated rivalry between T'Challa and Tony :ack:.

It was nice to see Agent Carter return, with Haley Atwell once again reprising the role she made famous, and I thought she was portrayed fairly on-point, and the show didn't forget to emphasize how important she was to Steve (or at least as far as you can get on a Marvel cartoon by this point) :proud:.

So we get to see Heinrich Zemo pop up in a flashback, and he's basically Helmut with normal hair and a mustache, complete with being voiced by David Kaye. I guess I could complain about more vocal inconsistency, but I always enjoy hearing David Kaye, so I'm not too bothered by it. I also think he changed his voice just a tad from his Helmut voice, which I appreciated :elle:.

I kind of wish they had given him a more interesting design then a business suit, like maybe have him in some variant of the classic Zemo look :shrug:.

Morgan Le Fay being an ancestor of the Zemo's was kind of random, but given they went to the trouble of name-dropping her, re-designing her, and emphasizing her image, I'm guessing she'll become more plot relevant as this storyline continues and we get more flashbacks to past Black Panthers. I liked her redesign though :).

What are the chances Grey Griffin will reprise the role? At this point, probably 50/50 :sweat:.

It was cool seeing Arnim Zola go into his iconic TV-robot body :evil:

I didn't really care for Agent Carter going into her own robot body to beat Zola. It felt like a cheat for the heroes to beat Zola and just a tad too much for my tastes, especially for a character who's more known for her guile and natural abilities :(.

Stan Lee's appearance was basically the equivalent of a Stan Lee cameo in a movie, but it was nice to see him nevertheless, and talking down Zola :D.

I didn't see an "In Memory Of" at the end, so maybe they're saving it for his next appearance on on Marvel's Spider-Man?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "T'Chanda"

An actual good episode. I can recognize that.

Hayley Atwell! Mark Hamill! Stan Lee! SO much geek!

Atwell was especially cool because I didn't expect her at all. And when Lee is talking about how worthless hate is I'm like, "Dang, I miss that dude."

Love Captain America calling Zemo and Zola "Crumbs". What a great 40's expression.

I was a little miffed T'Challa didn't acknowledge he saw Steve at the end, although perhaps it was too painful to admit. I liked that the main story was a flashback instead of time travel, although I wish it wasn't in black and white. I would have liked to have seen the blue on Agent Carter's coat and the red on her hat.

Good week. ****.

Dudley

Staff member
I really enjoyed the flashbacks and I’m getting real interested in seeing where theh’re Going with all this. Some good direction in this episode as well.
Didn’t like how Agent Carter transferring to a robot suit. I guess it was kind of cool, but seemed a bit predictably problematic. Not to mention shortsighted.

TheLemsterPju

I really enjoyed the flashbacks and I’m getting real interested in seeing where theh’re Going with all this. Some good direction in this episode as well.
Didn’t like how Agent Carter transferring to a robot suit. I guess it was kind of cool, but seemed a bit predictably problematic. Not to mention shortsighted.

I'll admit, these shows give the heroes an unfair advantage most of the time.

Loverofcomix

A fun and entertaining episode. I'm not really a fan of the "identical grandson" trope where the relatives/ancestors looks exactly like the descendants. I wish they had given Zemo and T'Chanda different facial features. It was distracting hearing modern day Zemo's voice coming out of his dad's mouth, other than that, the episode is great.

The statue at the end, was that the female pirate Black Panther? If so, I can't wait to see her flashback. I love pirate theme episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
A fun and entertaining episode. I'm not really a fan of the "identical grandson" trope where the relatives/ancestors looks exactly like the descendants. I wish they had given Zemo and T'Chanda different facial features. It was distracting hearing modern day Zemo's voice coming out of his dad's mouth, other than that, the episode is great.
T'Chanda looked more like T'Challa from Earth's Mightiest Heroes then he did this version of T'Challa in my opinion.

I wonder if that was intentional ;)?

brodie999

I thought T'Chanda's face looked familiar. Btw, I love how the human Zola and both Zemos look like their MCU actors. :D
Really? Both Zemos look like their MCU actors? That's great. That adds a few more characters to the "MCU character retooled" list. Could you please post a photo that shows Helmut Zemo's face that looks like Daniel Bruhl?

Loverofcomix

Really? Both Zemos look like their MCU actors? That's great. That adds a few more characters to the "MCU character retooled" list. Could you please post a photo that shows Helmut Zemo's face that looks like Daniel Bruhl?

They kinda look like their MCU actors. They slightly changed their appearance to avoid lawsuits (I'm guessing here).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The only thing I didn't care too much for was Peggy Carter using that giant robot to fight Arnim Zola. It felt a little too weird to me, I guess. Even so, I kind of expected her to actually pilot the machine, not use the same gimmick of transferring her mind into it as Zola did.

But other than that, I really enjoyed the episode. Lots of good stuff, seeing some of Wakanda's history, the return of Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter, Mark Hamill and of course, Stan Lee. The story was pretty good, too. I find it interesting how we don't actually get to see T'Challa interact with his ancestors, and they are the stars of the episodes (well, with an additional guest-star or two). I also like how they don't use actual time-travel as a way for this to happen.

Kind of a random comment, but as last season, I think it's kind of a shame they brought in both Atwell and Wynn Everett to reprise their roles of Carter and Madame Masque, respectively, yet they don't use them both in the same story.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts