A Modern Marvel Animated Cartoon

Legion472

We Know That Marvel Animated Cartoons Have Focused on the Golden and Silver Age of Comics. The Only Time They Have Focused on the Modern Marvel Universe is in the Marvel Original Animated Movies. My Question is, If You Could Make a Marvel Cartoon That Focused on The Modern Marvel Universe, What Would It Be?

Mine Would Be, A Cartoon that Focused on the Civil War and Their Related Titles.

What Would Yours Be?

AlgeaX

Oh, hello?
I'd want to see an animated series based on Greg Pak's Incredible Hercules but somehow I don't think the Powers That Be would go for it.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
The Avengers titles were the books I enjoyed following the most and a series that focused on the pre-Civil War New Avengers or Young Avengers would have been cool to me. Others could have been Runaways, Brubaker's Captain America or Bendis' Alias, which I think offered a great adult view of the Marvel Universe.

W.C.Reaf

The Only Time They Have Focused on the Modern Marvel Universe is in the Marvel Original Animated Movies.?

Technically 60s and 90s Spider-Man cartoons were based around the modern comics of the time.

pre-Civil War New Avengers or Young Avengers would have been cool to me. Others could have been Runaways, Brubaker's Captain America or Bendis' Alias, which I think offered a great adult view of the Marvel Universe.
These would be some of my picks, Runaways especially.

Captain Britain and MI-13 would be cool to see, the recent Ms Marvel as well. JMS's Thor would just be awesome to see done. Cable and Deadpool would be a great comedy team-up show.

spyke

X-men forever
x-factor
captain britain & mi-13
guardians of the galaxy

JeffBreakdown

I'd Have Loved To Answer Your Question, But I Couldn't Read More Than Four Words Without Getting A Headache. Next Time Try Caps Lock, At Least Then It'll Be All One Case.

Generator James

Han Shot First!
The Runaways. I would love to see this on Television. Plus hearing those famous three words from Karolina on T.V. would awesome:D(Plus GLAAD would praise the show to the high heavens). But I could only see it come on ABC Family or Teenick.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Bendis/Brubaker Daredevil for me. I would like to see an animated adaptation of his secret identity being unveiled to the media.

Most of the modern stuff doesn't compare to the classics for me, so that would be about it.

Generator James

Han Shot First!
Bendis/Brubaker Daredevil for me. I would like to see an animated adaptation of his secret identity being unveiled to the media.

Most of the modern stuff doesn't compare to the classics for me, so that would be about it.
Haven't read it yet, but i've heard lots of good reviews from it.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
No, it happened more recently than that. It happened when one of The Kingpin's underlins, Sammy Silke discovered that Fisk knew, and had know that Murdock was Daredevil for years but never did anything with the information publically, as Fisk believed it was his trump card.

Brian Micheal Bendis, the writer in question, suddenly realised that pretty much everyone knew Daredevil was Murdock, (and it's rumoured Marvel chief at the time Bill Jemas isn't fond of secret identities, which has evidence to back it up as Captain America and Iron Man also revealed thier identities at this time) and crafted his run around The Daily Globe revealing his identity. They were lated sued for $100 million if memory serves, and it was left as an urban legend that Daredevil and Murdock are the same, although there's no concrete evidence to support it, most in the Marvel universe believe it to be true.

It was a cracking run - if we ever get a Daredevil cartoon, I would like to see them reveal his identity in this kind of fashion - it could've killed the book and the character, but it arguably made it better than ever. I am not a massive fan of Alex Maleev's artwork, but if you've ever got an urge for something a little more gritty and adult and like your comics, I would highly recommend these books.

I might be misremembering some of this, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts