Whats the Most Overrated Disney movie

Natey

blank
Whats the most overatted Disney movie?
IMO I would say Ants life, many movies like lizzie whatchamacallit and the princess direries. back to aniamtion i would fell for some reason snow white is overratted 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero-V

The Incredibles: Just another cliched super-hero comedy movie, praised like Allah here because it's animated by Pixar, nothing else.

Fan of Sponge

Treasure Planet.:yawn: The last big hyped animated film for Disney that didn't use computer animation. Sadly, it was a bomb at the box-office. There were others animated films after that, but they didn't spend a whole lot like Treasure Planet.

MonkeyFunk

Kids and grown-ups love me so
imisshostinCCF said:
Whats the most overatted Disnet movie?
IMO I would say Ants life,
That's A Bug's Life. It's the only Pixar movie that I don't really like, but since it's now generally recognised as an "also run" I can't truly call it overrated.

imisshostinCCF said:
many movies like lizzie whatchamacallit and the princess direries.
They're overrated? I thought they'd sucken into obscurity.

imisshostinCCF said:
back to aniamtion i would fell for some reason snow white is overratted 2
Agreed. I respect it as an experimental film and a very bold risk (and Dopey rules all), but it has problems with its pacing and structure. Similar deal with Bambi - it was probably great in its day, but after films like The Lion King it seems pretty weak. Pinocchio and Dumbo have dated much better, though.

I always thought A Bug's Life was overrated instead of underrated. I hated it. I didn't find it funny, the jokes were too obvious, and Princess Atta was such a pathetic coward.:mad:

Others:

The Lion King- I love this movie, but I liked Aladdin more. I'm sure how The Lion King was loved more. When it came out 11 years ago, people treated it like it was the end to all Disney movies.

Many of the old live-action Disney movies were overrated, too. The Herbie movies, The Parent Trap, Escape to Witch Mountain... Disney channel used to show those over and over again.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Aladdin gets my vote.

The story is cliche, Robin Williams is as insufferable as always and the moralizing trite. All of the characters seemed ready-made to be boxed into Happy Meals.

Something is seriously wrong with a movie when the best character is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
The converse of the Forgotten ones, The ones that got too much hype.

Well if you look at what I said about "Under-rated" Disney animation you will see that Movies of that nature really aren't underrated.. Rather forgotten. I think though when you say Overrated. well then you say in this case the Movie was hyped too much and in the end it ends up cliched or even in the end turns out to be a Dissapointment.

So here are a few cases of such and yes while some movies are "Forgotten" these stick out as Disappointments".

Now Perhaps the First True Disappointment was perhaps Indeed Aladdin. it was hyped way too much and in the end, it was the Comedic Acting of both Robin Williams and Gilbert Gotfried, that save this movie from being considered a Major Disappointment.

The next one after that was perhaps I hate to say this, Hercules.. again more hype, more hopes, and a lot of let down, with one exception. Namely that of Danny Devito who salvaged this one.

Then you have Treasure Planet.. This movie was truely "Overhyped" and in the end, nothing really could have saved this movie from a Major let down.. and in fact Atlantis was good in it's own right, but again more ultra-hype really let these two movies take a major nose dive.. without breaking a sweat.. And then of course there is surprisingly enough One of Disney's Last Animated Films that really was over hyped and underplayed.. Namely both Teacher's Pet (Based off the Lackluster Television Show of the same name, and of course Home on the Range. (When you have Rosanne Barr Doing Belches that would deplete the Ozone layer? Well this one should have never been made.. (It was majorly hyped and in the end turned out to be.. well... Cow Chips.. nuff said.. )

:coyote:

Elven Moon

hiya, toonsters
I'm really not sure. But I do know that, besides all the praise for Snow White, I find it horribly boring. I only manage to get halfway through before I can take no more.

ToOn~g@l

Just singin' the blues
The Little Mermaid: I'm probably the only one here who really does not like this movie, it just never appealed to me. It's just another story about a girl wanting to marry and prince and a witch is there to ruin her life.

Aladdin: I agree with what Fone Bone said about this movie. Its a good movie though, just too overhyped.

Sleeping Beauty: See Little Mermaid

I think Bambi's kinda overrated too.

Spongebrain2.0

The Lion King- There is unstoppable praise from this film. It was a great movie, but not as Heavenly wonderful as people claim it to be.

The Incredibles- It was a good film, it was full of superhero cliche, if it was done in traditional animation, I honestly doubt people would be praising it as much as they do

Shiloh Otter

Happy Mollibby month!
Zero-V said:
The Incredibles: Just another cliched super-hero comedy movie, praised like Allah here because it's animated by Pixar, nothing else.

I treat it like Allah because it's a great movie. Pixar has nothing to do with what movies I like.

Zero-V

Beau99 said:
I treat it like Allah because it's a great movie. Pixar has nothing to do with what movies I like.
If it were a 2-d cartoon you'd be talking about how good it was in the underated thread, I guarantee you that film would be nothing without Pixar.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Pinocchio, my least favorite Disney film of all time.

Shiloh Otter

Happy Mollibby month!
Zero-V said:
If it were a 2-d cartoon you'd be talking about how good it was in the underated thread, I guarantee you that film would be nothing without Pixar.

No, I'd like it with or without Pixar.

Sarah Vowell (Violet) is incredibly sexy (no pun intended), and I love her voice, so there.

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
For me, I think the most overrated would be some of Walt's earlier pieces: BAMBI and FANTASIA.

They're all good movies, but they never really GRABBED me. I understand that they're different styles of movies and storytelling, and I commend Disney for doing them - but treating them as pieces of perfection is something I cannot grasp.

If we're talking about recent movies, I would say FINDING NEMO; again, a great quality film, but I never understood why this movie was more loved than the other recent Pixar outings.

-Tim

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Beau99 said:
Sarah Vowell (Violet) is incredibly sexy (no pun intended), and I love her voice, so there.
You're only saying that because it's true. I love her when she visits The Daily Show.

Bunnie Rabbot

Blowing Kisses In The Wind
What's the most overrated Disney movie? Well, IMHO, The Little Mermaid. I don't mean to offend anyone that likes this movie, but I just don't see what the big deal is. For me, it's just another movie about some princess that wants to get her hands on a handsome prince, gets herself and other people in hot water because of her want, and at the end of the movie just turns out to be a cookie-cutter damsel in distress that needs Prince Charming to save her from a problem that was mostly her fault in the first place.

Phantasm

Bittersweet Symphony.
Finding Nemo- So completely overrated especially with Dory and Ellen Degeneres about how amazingly funny she is as the forgetful fish. It was a fun film, but not the kind I watched a second time round and probably won't.

Aladdin- Nothing special about the film at all.I suppose its got a unique middleeaster/indian look which is beautiful but look deeper than that and you are met with just a basic Disney plot;evil villan,beautuful princess and a hero who undergoes a rags to riches story.

And Treasure Planet is underrated. One of the Best Disney films out there!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts