Two Stupid Dogs BACK ON TV.

rami

their coming.....back

2 stupid dogs is a really funny cartoon im glad i got dish heres my favorite episode.

[/IMG]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:bGW0CAPO7nkJ:www-users.mat.uni.torun.pl/~bogoosh/Eskimo.jpg
can any one guess what it is

rami

accident heres the episode

images

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric B

Wow!
I had been saying it was time for Boomerang to move into the early 90's with shows like this. Such shows basically are in limbo now, being too old to play on the now new cartoon/anime oriented CN!

So along with 2 Stupid dogs; they could bring back Tazmania; and try to get back Animaniacs and Tiny Toons from Nick (perhaps Spielberg yanked them and out them back on Nick in the first place because CN didn't play them enough, as they were fosusing on new cartoons even back then!)
The early 90's was before cable replaced network TV as the primary venue for new cartoons; and of the networks, you still had all 3 "big" networks instead of KWB and UPN/BKN; although FOX was there by this time. So Saturday morning was still basically in its "classic" era as it had always been since the advent of TV; though this was the very end of it as we knew it. So this still would be a time that has long past, that could "come back to us"; hence the "Boomerang" theme!

I often think of 2 Stupid Dogs/new Secret Squirrel as "Cartoon-Cartoon #0" (with Dexter being oficially "Cartoon-Cartoon #1"). It was the first of the new style HB animation (Craig McCracken & co.), and thus a sort of forerunner or even prototype of the "World Premiere Toons" (What-a-Cartoon/Cartoon-Cartoon); but also the last of the non-CN independant HB shows; since it originally began in syndication.

I would even go as far as even Cartoon Planet; which is entering the late-90's, now; but since it was framed around clips and reused animation from old cartoons; it would be appropriate. Moxy Pirate as well. That certainly is something that might be forgotten by many and "come back to us".
I also wish Boomerang would start picking up some of CN's old promo's; as well as show formats such as "Down wit' Droopy D". These are certainly old enough to "bring back" memories!

Fan of Sponge

I'm glad to see someone has decided to blow the dust off the tapes of Two Stupid Dogs and air them on Boomerang which is approiate now since it began over a decade ago. Bommerang is starting to get alot of 90's additions shows like 2SD and Captain Planet. Now we need is the 90's verison of the Adam's Family.:)

Was 2SD the last of the Hanana-Barbara shows before they hanged up and give the reigns to the younger animations of Cartoon Cartoons?

Eric B

I believe so. Because that debuted in 1993, and they were working on Dexter throughout 1994 for its Feb.1995 debut as the first "World Premiere Toon". I don't think they had any new show for Sept. 1994.

Scythemantis

With Soar-Throat Ghost
I'm sure it seems like a classic to people who were three or four when it first came out. That said, I can't recall how young I was when it originally aired but it does feel like a "recent" show to me. It seems, however, that boomerang is more about "Cartoon NETWORK Nostalgia" than just "Cartoon Nostalgia", airing what used to comprise CN.

rami said:
accident heres the episode

images

When you make an error in a post, use the "edit" button to change it, don't just post twice in a row.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Eric B said:
I believe so. Because that debuted in 1993, and they were working on Dexter throughout 1994 for its Feb.1995 debut as the first "World Premiere Toon". I don't think they had any new show for Sept. 1994.
2 Stupid Dogs debuted in 1994. Check the copyright. 1993's H-B offering was Swat Kats.

Eric B

Both 2 Stupid Dogs and Swat Kats premiered in syndication first; then on TBS in Sept. 1993, and then moved to CN in 1994. Source: Lenburg's Cartoon Encyclopedia.
From my own memory; I remember it came out in syndication before moving to CN, and that it originally had a different opening. Instead of the opening used on CN, with that kazoo tune; the original showed both of them popping their heads onto the screen; while vocalists sang almost in a 50's doo-wop style "Big dog big dog big dog big dog; little dog little dog, little dog, little dog... and then finished "two stu...pid dogs; two stu...pid dogs". If the copyright you are talking about is in the opening segment; then it would have been changed with the new 1994 opening. (I forgot whether or not the closing segments were different).

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
You're dating it into 1992? If the show were that old then Bill Clinton would not have appeared in one of the episodes. The copyright is in the end credits and says 1994. Then again, I've never heard of the 50's opening.

2 Stupid Dogs was in syndication in 1994-1995 too. I have videotaped proof.

DarT

The Weekender
Wow... I can't believe they're bringing back this show. I used to watch it non-stop when I was younger.

Brettfern

Zeke said:
Two Stupid Dogs is only about a decade old, right? What's it doing on Boomerang?
This is not the only show they've shown that is a decade or so recent. How about Mister T (1983-1986) and GI Joe (1983-1987)?

mojokingbee1

Ever notice that Boomerang is not showing the Super Secret Secret Squirrel episode "Goldflipper"? :confused: Wonder why? :confused:

Mr Cat Dog

Bite me
I think 2SD is coming to the UK, but in a really weird timeslot, like 3:00 in the morning or something. I'm sure I've seen it in one of the schedule threads, something about May 9th... which ha already passed! O.O

Zach

I remember back around the end of April when I was looking at my sattelite menu and saw Two Stupid Dogs listed on Boomerang... I pissed myself. (I AM NOT JOKING) I danced around and then took a shower.

Kurtman

You blabbing old fart!
I think it's on Boomerang because of Secret Squirrel. Isn't Secret Squirrel a classic?

Cartoons90

I wish I had Boomerang. I remember watching Two Stupid Dogs all the time throughout the summer of 02.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts