"Tom Ruegger Interview, Part 2" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
http://www.platypuscomix.net/people/ruegger2.html

It's been a long wait, but there it is, and so utterly awesome you'll faint at the sight of it. This is a huge update--for a Tiny Toons fan, that is. Not only do you get newly-revealed revelations about the show's development, but you even get screens from an unreleased Tiny Toons video game! (This was donated less than a week ago by someone else and it was added at the last minute, so I guess it's fortunate).

Try to find all the easter eggs--more Emmitt Nervend hiding spots and a bonus question await you if you do.

One more thing....I asked Ruegger in the editing process what "LEUKEMEOW" was supposed to mean, and if it was a typo that meant "LUKE MEOW."
Ruegger said he meant "Leukemeow" as in "Leukemia." I didn't get it without the explanation, so just in case you don't either, there it is.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
http://www.platypuscomix.net/people/ruegger2.html

It's been a long wait, but there it is, and so utterly awesome you'll faint at the sight of it. This is a huge update--for a Tiny Toons fan, that is. Not only do you get newly-revealed revelations about the show's development, but you even get screens from an unreleased Tiny Toons video game! (This was donated less than a week ago by someone else and it was added at the last minute, so I guess it's fortunate).

Try to find all the easter eggs--more Emmitt Nervend hiding spots and a bonus question await you if you do.

One more thing....I asked Ruegger in the editing process what "LEUKEMEOW" was supposed to mean, and if it was a typo that meant "LUKE MEOW."
Ruegger said he meant "Leukemeow" as in "Leukemia." I didn't get it without the explanation, so just in case you don't either, there it is.

Greg1

Ness Vet
Awesome, the interviews are probably my favorite features on this site.

takineko

I can do that with a pancake!
That was a fun read, how do you contact him? Phone? Email?
I've recently become aquainted with Keeper and he sometimes still talks to Ruegger on the internet, and recieves cards from him on Holidays. Maybe Ruegger will mention Keeper's infamous hat in your upcomming Freakazoid interview.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
takineko said:
Maybe Ruegger will mention Keeper's infamous hat in your upcomming Freakazoid interview.
I still don't know if it's going to be about Freakazoid or Tiny Toons; I need more opinions on where it should go next. So people, chime in....what do you want?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
takineko said:
Maybe Ruegger will mention Keeper's infamous hat in your upcomming Freakazoid interview.
I still don't know if it's going to be about Freakazoid or Tiny Toons; I need more opinions on where it should go next. So people, chime in....what do you want?

takineko

The Big Man said:

I say... Freakazoid. There are still so many unanswered questions.. though, it might help to know what kind of questions you're asking about either subject.

What else is Tom working on these days? I'm so curious. I'm always wishing he'd do more stuff. And what ever happend to Paul Rugg, he does like random voice work here and there, but I always thought he'd be doing something insanley awsome.. :\

Greg1

Ness Vet
I never really got into Freakazoid. I suppose you need some balance in these interviews, but I'm just not all that interested in it, so I vote Tiny Toons.

Dynamite XI

Whoa, where have I been?
I second Tiny Toons. I only saw Freakazoid sporadically, and I never did like it as much as Tiny Toons.

takineko

*wonders how old the Tiny Toons fans were when Freakazoid came out*

Now that Im older I enjoy Freakazoid even more than as a kid. Just such a weird sense of humor. But I can't actually get into Tiny Toons for some reason. Its cute and I like it, but it doesnt make me laugh.

takineko

Is the next interview going to come up before the next Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain DVD release?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
takineko said:
Is the next interview going to come up before the next Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain DVD release?
That depends on Tom, and really, nothing's for certain yet...I just got back, and the time we agreed to resume the interview was right at the time my computer blew. I'm Emailing him soon, but there's no way to know yet if late September is as convenient for him as mid-August.

By the way, the final vote tally was won by one vote to continue with Tiny Toons, so that is what I shall do.

takineko

Martianinvader said:
That depends on Tom, and really, nothing's for certain yet...I just got back, and the time we agreed to resume the interview was right at the time my computer blew. I'm Emailing him soon, but there's no way to know yet if late September is as convenient for him as mid-August.

By the way, the final vote tally was won by one vote to continue with Tiny Toons, so that is what I shall do.
Glad your compy is up and running, thanks for the update!

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Bad news: it won't make the release of the second DVDs. In fact, I don't know when it'll go up. Tom finally responded and said he's way too swamped in work right now, and my next window of opportunity to start part 3 would be after Thanksgiving. (The busiest time of the year? That sounds odd to me too, but whatever. I doubt the suggestion was a guarantee).

All my eggs aren't in this one basket though. I have a couple other interviews coming in future months.

takineko

Martianinvader said:
Bad news: it won't make the release of the second DVDs. In fact, I don't know when it'll go up. Tom finally responded and said he's way too swamped in work right now, and my next window of opportunity to start part 3 would be after Thanksgiving. (The busiest time of the year? That sounds odd to me too, but whatever. I doubt the suggestion was a guarantee).

All my eggs aren't in this one basket though. I have a couple other interviews coming in future months.

Well sorry to hear that, but it'll happen sooner or later anyways.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.

Featured Posts