"Thor: Love and Thunder" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It's unknown how long the suspension will go for. since last i checked the suspension was only supposed to be two weeks so it's still possible production could get back on schedule and finish up before this movie which was scheduled to start in about July could still go through. Again we don't know exactly how long things will be fully shut down for so though it easy to be pessimistic and say this will be delayed indefintley along with other films you could still be optomistic and hope the disease will no longer spread and be studied enough to be kept in check after a few weeks. I would rather be positive then negative at this point in time but yeah at this point it's only a momentary suspension for shang Chi.

Frontier

Staff member
Waititi also said the movie touches on Kronan culture and where they're from.
In the comics Korg was pretty spiritual. Not sure if they'll go in that direction here :sweat:.
He also claims it will make Ragnarok look like a run of the mill safe movie.
I'm...not enthused. I mean, not playing it "safe" worked for Ragnarok, but I'm worried for Thor here :(.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And of course, Waititi has to tease Loki.

New Asgard and Miek concept art posted.

I'm...not enthused. I mean, not playing it "safe" worked for Ragnarok, but I'm worried for Thor here :(.
Perhaps. But I remember back when Vol. 2 came out, some people ragged on Gunn and Feige for playing it too safe. I think by now Phase 4 and all, let's see how risky they want to get in movie #4.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
And of course, Waititi has to tease Loki.
This probably depends a lot on what happens in his Disney+ series o_O.
New Asgard looks more neo-viking then what we ended up with...Miek goes from serious to comedic pretty quick :p.
Perhaps. But I remember back when Vol. 2 came out, some people ragged on Gunn and Feige for playing it too safe. I think by now Phase 4 and all, let's see how risky they want to get in movie #4.
I don't know if I'd call Vol. 2 safe, that sounds more like a complaint for Age of Ultron and The Dark World of any Phase 2 movie, but that's just me...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
New casting call for a a supporting lead character named "Zappa" who is "intelligent, fearless, mature, with a good sense of humor" and the actors being considered is "a young black male, 11-12 years old, either African-American or Black-British."

Frontier

Staff member
New casting call for a a supporting lead character named "Zappa" who is "intelligent, fearless, mature, with a good sense of humor" and the actors being considered is "a young black male, 11-12 years old, either African-American or Black-British."
"Zappa" makes me think electricity powers. If he's supposed to be British, I assume he's meant to be Asgardian. I think there's a speedy Asgardian, but his name escapes me :confused:.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I hope Thor loses a lot of weight for this movie. He didn't look good at all in Endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts