Think Marvel Will Go the Route of Versus Movies?

X-Over?

• The Worlds Need to Combine

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • They Need to Combine, But It'll Never Happen

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Keep 'Em Seperate.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • They Should Keep 'Em Seperate, But It WILL Happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
I wasn't all that impressed with the Hulk, but I would be impressed to see Tobey McGuire and Eric Bana going head to head in the same movie or versus the X-Men and so forth.

Anyone feel these movies are all destined to cross over?

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
I don't know about "vs" movies, but I think it'd be cool if they started splitting up the X-Men franchise and instead of just having straight sequels (X-Men, X2, X3, etc.) they started giving out movies to a few different directors, with each movie focussing on only two or three of the X-Men and leaving the others to cameos if anything. You know, they could do a Rogue / Gambit movie, a Cyclops / Jean movie, an Angel / Beast movie, etc. The only problem with that that I can see is that there would be certain characters who would almost have to be in EVERY movie, especially Professor X, which would mean either having different actors to play the same character in the different movies or else one VERY tired Patrick Stewart. (-: Still, it would be an extra cool way to handle the franchise, especially if the movies retained continuity with each other, although the general moviegoing public who aren't as huge on X-Men as I am might get sick of them pretty quick with a movie coming out every year or so.

As far as "vs" movies per se goes, though, I dunno, I'd rather they kept things separate. First, it'd probably be hell getting all the original actors to come back, and second, I've just never been a huge fan of crossovers-- they CAN be good, but all too often they rely too heavily on the gimmick of the thing instead of providing a good story as well.

DR.MID-NITE

The Original
I don't want a versus movie. But, I would like some mention of the other heroes in the world. For example in the Hulk. Maybe, see something that mentions Spiderman in the paper.
And I did hear something about a solo Wolverine movie.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I agree with Mr. Richards in that I would love to see a Spider-Man/Daredevil movie. It seems the most logical with both of them having ties to the Kingpin of Crime.

But alas, its not to happen, as different companies have different rights to differnet characters

FOX - X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four
Columbia - Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer (I think)
Universal - Hulk
New Line - Blade, Iron Man
Artisan - The Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Strange

And Columbia used to own the rights to 'The Man Without Fear' but MARVEL wasn't pleased with it's progress and Daredevil goot moved to FOX.

EinBebop

Data Dog
Not unless one of the franchises start dropping off. You can make more money just doing separate Hulk/Spider-man movies. And if you try to make more than one simultaneously (say Spider/Hulk team-up and a continuation of the Spider franchise), you risk hurting the long-term health of one or both franchises with overkill.

In the case of Freddy and Jason, I think the company is hoping this team-up will revitalize both franchises. As for the Alien/Predator movie that starts filming in the fall, The Predator franchise has been relatively dead since the unpopular sequel, and the last Aliens movie is far enough back that the team-up will probably heighten the demand for another Ripley-Alien movie rather than hurt it.

Patrick Bateman

Telling it like it is
I don't want to see a Spider-Man vs. X-Men movie or anything of the sort because that is plain stupid. The only tie-in I could possibly see working would be a Spider-Man/Hulk or Spider-Man/Daredevil movie.

NinjaJack

Batman Year One said:
I don't want to see a Spider-Man vs. X-Men movie or anything of the sort because that is plain stupid. The only tie-in I could possibly see working would be a Spider-Man/Hulk or Spider-Man/Daredevil movie.
Whats so stupid about it really?
And has everyone forgotten Duncan saying he'd gladly jump for the Kingpin roll in a spider man film if he was asked?

Senbei Norimaki

A killer smile.
Well there is an old Turkish Captain America vs. Spider-man movie. 3 dev adam I haven't seen it yet but I hear it is very dark. I think this film was funded by J. Jonah Jameson. Spidey is a murder with a switch blade in this movie.

Damien

Watching
I'm dying to see some combining, esp.....

-The Punisher and Daredevil

-Spiderman and Blade, with Blade hunting Morbius and Spidey trying to help Morbius (like in the cartoon)

-something with a combination of Daredevil, Spiderman, and the X-Men...they have to run into each other sometime

ZorBrak

I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.
I'd only want it to happen if we were 100% sure it wouldn't mess things up...and with different companies owning different rights it'd be tough. I hope if Kingpin is in Spider-man that he is played by Michael Clark Duncan again though.

IF one company had multiple rights or for instance ALL marvel rights, they'd be RETARDED to just sit on their ass with them :: points and laughs at Warner Brother's idiocy ::. Teaming up characters whose movie rights are owned by different companies would be too difficult...but I hope at least movie creators will be nice enough to leave things in their films so as not to conflict with aspects of other marvel movies...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts